• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Trouble With Gameconfig.txt

Bowser2001

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards. I have recently gotten back into Smash modding, and I have been playing around with making my own mod pack containing texture hacks and the like. I wanted to add sounds and such to my mod pack, but I discovered that gct files and Gecko both seem to have a limit of 256 lines of code, so I began my search for a way around this. I came across a forum telling me to put special lines in a file on the root of my SD card titled "gameconfig.txt". This is where I ran into problems. When I use other people's mod packs that have a gameconfig.txt, my game loads perfectly fine, but when I attempt to use my own gct with gameconfig, Gecko finds the SD codes, but it seems to just hang instead of loading the strap loader. I have tried using the file with and without .txt. If I use it without the file extension, Gecko hangs before the strap loader, and if I use it with the file extension, I get "Exception (DSI) Occured!". I'm really confused by this because I don't see why the file would load codes for other people's mod packs but not mine. For reference, I am using a 2GB SD card with a Wii U, Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and a disc of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC). The only codes I am attempting to use are a code that enables Wiimmfi, the latest version of the Phantom Wings file patcher code and a code that allows for sound replacement. I'm not sure if any of that would have to do with it not loading properly, most likely not, but I thought i'd add all of that so people would know exactly what i'm using. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bowser2001

Smash Rookie
Never mind, guys. I discovered the problem. Apparently using Wiird's gct creator does not work with gameconfig.txt. When I used a generator on my Wii, it worked perfectly fine. This thread can safely be closed now.

Top Bottom