• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Having trouble transferring save files from 3DS to New 3DS

brandonisi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
First, I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong forum. Wasn't sure were else to post it. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I own a digital copy of Smash3DS, originally downloaded on my 3DS XL. I've unlocked all the characters and stages (something that, while fun, I'm not too excited to have to do again when I'd rather just get back to having access to all the games content). I did the transfer from my old 3DS to the New model using my PC. The problem was that my original 3DS had a 8gb SD card, while the New 3DS has a 4gb microSD card. I'm able to redownload my previous purchases for free without any problems through the eShop, but my save data from Super Smash Bros. 3DS (and Ocarina 3D) are just gone.

Hopefully this helps: I did back up the entire contents of the 8gb SDcard to my desktop before switching over to the new model, but those folders are just confusing (with names that are just jumbled letters and numbers).

I'm assuming that all my save data is on the backup I saved. So...how do I go about identifying whats what in those folders and transferring it to the MicroSD card?

If anyone is able to help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main problem is that the Micro SDHC card holds less memory than your 8 GB SDHC card. You must also take into account that you have to use the data transfer feature in the System Settings, if you want to transfer your downloaded contents onto a different 3DS system; simply switching SD cards between systems will not work.

For the full guide...

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13996/p/430

JellieBomb

Smash Rookie
I have run into the same exact problem. I have a digital Smash copy and have been unable to transfer my save correctly. I backed up my SD card, did my 3DS system transfer (the wireless option), and downloaded Smash to my New 3DS. I have tried several ways to restore my Smash save data, by 1) moving the entire Smash folder and 2) moving just the .sav file. Nothing has worked so far, and I can't find any info to fix.

So I'm stuck with a new Smash file with nothing unlocked (although I somehow found Mew in my first match lol). Yet, I have managed to load my Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life data on my New 3DS. I don't know what's going on.

For the full guide...

[en-americas-support.nintendo.com link here. I am too noob to post links.]
I don't know why, but I can't open this domain on any of my devices or browsers. Is there anything here that might help with my issue?

Top Bottom