• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Having trouble getting that kill? A Laijin YL killing faq

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha I have a fan? I'm honored. :)

But my favorite Young Link's are all the oldies before me. AKA Lajin, Vanz, D20, TRC, and of course Jash. <3

Edit: Hold up. You even pt us on your facebook? lol Add me son! Should be in the sig.

Double edit: Eff the sig.

facebook.com/lilrhan

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Haha I have a fan? I'm honored. :)

But my favorite Young Link's are all the oldies before me. AKA Lajin, Vanz, D20, TRC, and of course Jash. <3

Edit: Hold up. You even pt us on your facebook? lol Add me son! Should be in the sig.

Double edit: Eff the sig.

facebook.com/lilrhan

LMAO ok i added you. I'm Sokori. In my pictures theres a pic of the character roster and i labeled it. Rhan is over Young Link with ME and Laijin.

Laijin

Smash Hero
My fav. YLs were the ones before MY time. haha.
Hero Sublime, Caveman, Buzzsaw, Aniki.

I added you on FB btw Rhan lol

But yea. I like all the guys that came after me of course(Jash, D20, Rhan, TRC, etc etc).
Although I've TRC since I started playing Melee pretty much. It wasn't until after a long while he started playing YL seriously. So I count him as after me lol

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
My fav. YLs were the ones before MY time. haha.
Hero Sublime, Caveman, Buzzsaw, Aniki.

I added you on FB btw Rhan lol

But yea. I like all the guys that came after me of course(Jash, D20, Rhan, TRC, etc etc).
Although I've TRC since I started playing Melee pretty much. It wasn't until after a long while he started playing YL seriously. So I count him as after me lol
Ah! add me too.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sokori-Chan/100000608794623

And i forgot all about Jash. I was watching Jash's videos when i first picked up Young Link.

rhan

Smash Hero
Man we should really get back on this guide...

Well to get that kill bomb -> Dair always works... lol

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
I love throwing the boomerang straight over the edge while thety are on it and they're like "ok it went over...I'll just wait until goes by so i wont get hit when it comesback" Then i take out a bomb and throw it at the returning boomerang and the boomerang taps the bomb hitting back resulting it to land on edge and on opponent!! So freaking genius!!

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
I love throwing the boomerang straight over the edge while thety are on it and they're like "ok it went over...I'll just wait until goes by so i wont get hit when it comesback" Then i take out a bomb and throw it at the returning boomerang and the boomerang taps the bomb hitting back resulting it to land on edge and on opponent!! So freaking genius!!
god i hate when you do that

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
i like ylink vs ganon. its fun. as long as i have room to run around and camp and just watch him squirm under the barrage of projectiles he cant avoid.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
I zero to death a ganon LMAO it was hilarious!
So yeah i was at Massmadness with my Young Link. The people i played love my Young Link.
Got a lot of compliments.
BTW Nasty people were there.
KDJ, Pine, Irish Mafia, Banks, Thorn, Yeti, MattdotZebb, Kyupuff, and etc...

Laijin

Smash Hero
KDJ is awesome. :O I played him with my Young Link back in 07 for like 1 match. It was awesome and close. Every stock I had to do something completely new in order to kill him. I got him down to 1 stock medium %s. lol.

ahhh...07. I still sucked then compared to now. lol

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Ah so who did he use on you? Because he used fox on me and he kept nairing all my boomerangs and catching my bombs

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
AHH!! His marth is soo good!! I watched him play $Mike and ****!! Good god!!
I was screaming like a girl!

BTW is it true that i should kill sheik or use Dsmash on Sheik more often than other characters?
Someone told me i should?

rhan

Smash Hero
07 was a good year for Smash. Where everything was hyped up.

2010 sucks diq...

Also: I like D-Smash. It's one of Young Link's main kill moves. I believe you should. But be careful about it because if she happens to shield it and it doesn't pierce the shield prepare for a nice chain grab.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Yeah, i could have beaten the sheik. It wasn't a good one.
But i got nervous because never played a sheik.
It was Spife.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Against Sheik, I honestly prefer playing Sheik dittos cause no matter the skill gap you always have a chance of winning them. :p
It is also my most hated match up. That skill gap applies to both sides and can go against you as well all for one reason....

chain grabs. :O

Kurasuke

Smash Rookie
Lol and to think for years i'd been playing alone and thinking i was "good". I'm getting there but dang, my first time seeing Lajin's vids blew me away haha. First of all the short hop to me seemed practically impossible seeing as i used the stick for the majority of my aerial movements. but i've found a bit of comfort in using the x button for my short hop lately. now im attempting to master his dash dance. but its killing me haha. i have a long way to go before im ready for tourney play >.<

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
So yeah...i've been doing good with my Young Link. Been getting out of pools with him and doing intense combos...btw i may get dislikes from saying this, but i'm not a huge fan or Armada's Young Link. I mean its not terrible....its just something about it..but i'll give him props for not losing to HBox. I love seeing YL winning against JIGGs.. <3

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
I'm a peach main trying to make yl my secondary. Can anyone just give me some tips to make my yl better?
Right now I'm ok with yl but I just am at a stand still. Once I get people off stage I can edge guard well. But getting off stage is a problem. Against ffallers I'm at a loss of what to do.

:phone:

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
Are all yl campy or is it just me. I'm trying to be aggressive but in the end I just have to space and wait to attack with a dair or dash attack

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
pro tip: use bombs wisely.

you seem to be ignoring the fact that bombs make things so much easier. use u bombs. then you will win.

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
Aesir speaks the truth, although you should use a balanced attack of all his projectiles, but yeah, keep a bomb drawn as much as possible. Dont forget the arrows, standing and aerial alike. They are good.

Ylink can be played campy obviously, but he can also be played aggro contrary to popular belief. The projectiles can be used not only to zone defensively, but to also lead in and approach with. Because at some point, you WILL have to get in there to KO.
You cant kill with bombs.

My fav vids usually have jash in them, but as with many of the low tiers, ylink is definitely open to interpretation, so play how you wanna play him and use whats effective for you.

The book hasnt completely been written on the kid yet, I dont think.

Cheers.

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
Haha I get the bombs and trust me I use them a lot. I just was wondering if there were vids to watch cause i have only seen a few vids and none are like my yl so yeah. But bombs and boomerang set up all my attacks

PandaCobo

Smash Apprentice
ok so i practice and wow haha i pulled so many bombs and it set up combos amazingly well. i used bombs for approach and camping and everything. also the arrows helped a lot i love the projectiles for yl. thanks AesirGod

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
The arrow is actualy the most underrated weapon YL has, at least from what i can see here in europe :D.
It works wonders to catch recoveries and bump them up right above the edge so taht you can do a Dsmash. By then he will have lost his second jump and he will probably fly far enough to hog or just even watch him die.

The projectiles are very versatile, and can be used in a plethora of ways. the bomb has 4 hits on it, and you have no lagg after throwing it so its perfekt for setting up both finishers and combos.

Top Bottom