• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having problems with picking my main

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
Hello, i'm InfamousLuffy, i'm having a problem i can't seem to pick a main i tend to switch toooooo much. I like Ike, Mario, Marth.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Think about, what those characters do and what they are good at. Then decide what you wanna do in the game and pick a character based off of that. You could also pick based off of what feels right and just adjust yourself, so you can play that character to the best of your ability.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
The 2 most important things to picking a main is.

Being good with that character. For example you might find a character fun, that´s great! But that character is horrible and you lose all the time with him/her.

Finding a character fun. That is one of the most important aspect of smash. You can be good with a character, But how fun is it if the character is boring?

It also helps if you find the character "cool".

All in all, you should play 1 or 2 matches with every character. So you can se how they feel. Then you round it down to 5 characters and play with them. Then you should find your main.

I have been a puff main ever since 64. I was 18 years old when i first played it. So i have puffed all these years.
Jigglypuff is the reason why i have won so many tournaments.
So she has a very special place in my heart.

When you have picked your main, then that character will stick with you. In the end, that character will become an important part of your life. Just like Jigglypuff is important to me.

InfamousLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Proj3ctMam0
3DS FC
4570-8693-6006
I already picked Lucas, why? Because hes fun and cool. And he's not horrible.

Top Bottom