• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having a problem with my main

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Am having a huge conflict between maining kirby and maining jigglypuff the big issue is that i love jigglypuff so much since childhood but i am starting to see in smash 4 that this could be changed by the simple fact that jigglypuff is super weak compared to kirby in almost every single way and i am just so much better with kirby then jiggs so i dont know what to do?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I main Kirby, but have a close secondary of Jigglypuff. Why don't you do the same? (Or vice versa)

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
i dont know anymore i just want to play jigglypuff but its so hard to do anything and also everyone in there mind says to 1 jiggs is bad 2 never play the character or 3 should of never had her in smash and she is pointless and i just want to play jiggs with kirby as my secondary

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I feel like am gonna be hated cause she is a very hated character for lots of reasons

Moshilam

Smash Cadet
I feel like am gonna be hated cause she is a very hated character for lots of reasons
mate, ANYONE who mains jiggs has my straight down full respect. don't be afraid to play a character. If you enjoy it, play it!

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
And another problem that pushs my main out of main status is the 1.1.3 tier list puting her so low worst then ganon how is this even happening and then i saw aces tier list and he says jiggs is the worst character ever

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
ill try my best to be a jigg main and try my hardest to be awesome most likely by beating zero but that is so unlikely

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
If i won vs zero everyone and there brains will die in awesomeness kinda like when amsa beat mew2king lol

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'd honestly stick with Kirby. Kirby has a far easier time comboing, is a little heavier, and his best kill options aren't so unsafe like Jiggly's. Honestly, this is your decision to make. I recommend you stick with Kirby and figure out what to do with Jiggly, but I'm not you, so I can't make the choice for you. Hope that helps. ^_^

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
I honestly decide who to play based on who I enjoy playing. If you don't have fun playing Jigglypuff for some reason, then don't play her! Don't feel the need to stick to a character for "loyalty" or you'll end up like me with a TON of characters but little specialization between them.

Legicc

Smash Rookie
NNID
LegicC
Just play whoever you like. You can play both. Getting that rest is so satisfying and pretty hype, then again Kirby has that combo game. Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone hate on Jigglypuff, if so, they're probably salt that you rested them :dazwa:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
As others have said, you shouldn't let how other people feel affect your character choice. Choose who you'll have fun playing and feel good for winning with. Don't let hate scare you from a character but at the same time, don't feel obligated to play one out of some personal loyalty (though having a personal connection with a character can help). And as Wintermelon said, I think people only dislike/bash Jigglypuff herself. I don't think anyone will hate YOU for playing her. If anything, being able to win with her will get you respect.

That said, when it comes to an objective choice between :4jigglypuff: and :4kirby:, you're probably better off with Kirby. At launch, the two were probably about even in terms of competitive ability, but as the meta has developed, I feel Kirby has really climbed ahead. Jigglypuff does have good air speed, a better air game, likely better recovery, being harder to combo, an easier time dealing with zoning, and clutch move in Rest which does have some setups. But Kirby has good tilt frame data, greater weight, a fast fall that makes landing easier, vertical recovery, more range, better ground speed and ground game, nice throw combos, generally better specials with Inhale being able to completely change matchups when landed, a versatile combo starter and grab confirm in D-Air, is actually getting patched, has a better matchup spread, and (most important IMO) a solid killing option and answer to shields in his Up Throw. Jigglypuff does have stuff that distinguishes her from Kirby, but I think all of Kirby's advantages overall make him a more solid choice. That said, you shouldn't feel forced to drop Jigglypuff. As I said, play who you like. But if we're talking objectively here, Kirby is the superior choice in my eyes.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
i can understand kirby so much better then jiggs and maybe ill use jigglypuff as a 2nd main

Top Bottom