• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have your roster critiqued by SaturnGamer64

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is a thread made solely for SaturnGamer64 (That's me!) to critique your roster. So post it here and I'll judge it by size, originality, and realism. (I decided to move it to the Character Discussion section)

Post Pictures only please. No written lists.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Cool, I'll be first.

Louie G.'s Awesome Roster!
Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario
DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, K. Rool, Dixie Kong
Yoshi: Yoshi
Wario: Wario
Zelda: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link
Metroid: Samus, Ridley
Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf
Pokémon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
MOTHER: Ness, Lucas
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Chrom
Pikmin: Olimar
Animal Crossing: Villager
Wii: Wii Fit Trainer, Mii
Punch Out: Little Mac
Xenoblade: Shulk
Retro: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Takamaru, Diskun
3rd Party: Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man

I decided to add Diskun for creativity, and Snake because he was my only cut before.
It might be a little big, but it's a work in progress.

Edit: I feel like I'm missing something...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Cool, I'll be first.

Louie G.'s Awesome Roster!
Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario
DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, K. Rool, Dixie Kong
Yoshi: Yoshi
Wario: Wario
Zelda: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link
Metroid: Samus, Ridley
Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf
Pokémon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
MOTHER: Ness, Lucas
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Chrom
Pikmin: Olimar
Animal Crossing: Villager
Wii: Wii Fit Trainer, Mii
Punch Out: Little Mac
Xenoblade: Shulk
Retro: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Takamaru, Diskun
3rd Party: Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man

I decided to add Diskun for creativity, and Snake because he was my only cut before.
It might be a little big, but it's a work in progress.
Awesome! No complaints. While I think Issac is more likely it is certainly possible we will get Shulk instead. I applaud Diskun as well, I think he certainly deserves a spot with memorability and importance of the Famicom Disk System and the moves he can be given. I also wouldn't say that 4 DK reps or 4 Third Parties are likely THIS time around, but if we had room for a 50 character roster I'd say it's pretty plausible, especially since you've already given proper representation to the other franchises that need it first.

You weren't lying when you said this is an awesome roster and I give it a 10/10. This roster is certainly a rarity that you don't see often. It's incredibly balanced out and well polished which again you don't see often. But, how many characters are we talking about here?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Awesome! No complaints. While I think Issac is more likely it is certainly possible we will get Shulk instead. I applaud Diskun as well, I think he certainly deserves a spot with memorability and importance of the Famicom Disk System and the moves he can be given. I also wouldn't say that 4 DK reps or 4 Third Parties are likely THIS time around, but if we had room for a 50 character roster I'd say it's pretty plausible, especially since you've already given proper representation to the other franchises that need it first.

You weren't lying when you said this is an awesome roster and I give it a 10/10. This roster is certainly a rarity that you don't see often. It's incredibly balanced out and well polished which again you don't see often. But, how many characters are we talking about here?
NOW DO MINE!!

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Wow, thanks!
Maybe my roster doesn't need much tweaking after all...
The design I had in mind does though, with the inclusion of Snake and Diskun.
I do believe that 45-50 characters is what we'll be getting, and if I counted right, I have 50 characters on the roster.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ok. Fine then
View attachment 3706
Just the average roster.
Very well done. My only concern is that 5 Zelda characters and 4 Third Parties is a little much. I'm aware Toon Zelda's coding was found in the game and that she's a requested character, but in reality she's incredibly excessive and unnecessary. I think this is most likely why she was never finished or even had much coding to begin with. We have Toon Link to represent the toon games and the Child Link is essential unlike the child Zelda which is really take it or leave it. Now the idea of Tetra being part of it makes it serve a purpose, but it seems to draw too far away from the original Zelda which is not what Sakurai wanted with Toon Link.

No real complaints and I applaud the addition of Roy as he's the more popular choice and I would say more important to the franchise. I do personally think that if we get a 5th Mario character that it will be a second version of Mario. I also would say 49 characters is a little much.

I do believe that 45-50 characters is what we'll be getting, and if I counted right, I have 50 characters on the roster.
Something that should happen, but not likely.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Very well done. My only concern is that 5 Zelda characters and 4 Third Parties is a little much. I'm aware Toon Zelda's coding was found in the game and that she's a requested character, but in reality she's incredibly excessive and unnecessary. I think this is most likely why she was never finished or even had much coding to begin with. We have Toon Link to represent the toon games and the Child Link is essential unlike the child Zelda which is really take it or leave it. Now the idea of Tetra being part of it makes it serve a purpose, but it seems to draw too far away from the original Zelda which is not what Sakurai wanted with Toon Link.

No real complaints and I applaud the addition of Roy. I do personally think that if we get a 5th Mario character that it will be a second version of Mario.
I had to make it BJ instead of Toad to make people happy. Also, I kinda didn't know who to choose to fill in that Zelda spot. But Toon Zelda seemed popular enough and a lot of people think Zelda with a fifth rep.

I have a 43 character version though.

Thank you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I had to make it BJ instead of Toad to make people happy. Also, I kinda didn't know who to choose to fill in that Zelda spot. But Toon Zelda seemed popular enough and a lot of people think Zelda with a fifth rep.

I have a 43 character version though.

Thank you.
Toon Zelda is really the only plausible one that comes to mind. And while Zelda is popular enough, it had less than Mario & Pokemon in Smash 64 AND we already have Sheik anyway.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Anyway here's my 43 character version.

View attachment 3707

I didn't know who to cut other then Lucario, but this isn't updated, so pretend Paletena is K. Rool.
Cut Wolf and bring back Lucario. Lucario is much more necessary and currently popular than Wolf actually is. But, we still have the problem of there only being one cut which is just unrealistic. Actually, I wouldn't accuse you if you had Palutena over King K. Rool. Donkey Kong is repped quite nicely as is Fire Emblem. Although it seems unrealistic for neither to get a new character.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Cut Wolf and bring back Lucario. Lucario is much more necessary and currently popular than Wolf actually is. But, we still have the problem of there only being one cut which is just unrealistic. Actually, I wouldn't accuse you if you had Palutena over King K. Rool. Donkey Kong is repped quite nicely as is Fire Emblem. Although it seems unrealistic for neither to get a new character.
I didn't really think it through.

Thanks anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think we'll get around 45-50 characters this go around, so I've gone with the latter. I don't think four third-parties aren't unlikely either, with Sonic and (most likely) Snake returning, plus Mega-Man, and the possibility of Pac-Man getting in (IF Namco gets a character), four is a very likely number. I also believe DK getting both Dixie and K. Rool is perfectly fine and plausible, as Kirby got two newcomers in Brawl. That being said, here's a roster I cooked up:

Out of all of these, the only ones I really have any attachment to/support are K.Rool (and Dixie to an extent), Ridley, and Krystal. Most of the others I put as I've seen heavy support from them and also see them as likely myself. I found Brawl's roster to be all around very good, so I haven't removed any of them.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here you go, SaturnGamer64, but don't go too hard on me. :troll:

I'll point anything out for inclusion if you want. But to point it out already, Geno's on due to pre-Brawl popularity.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so you just made a thread, specifically for you, to criticize other people's ideas and rosters? . . . . . okay I'll bite. give me a second and I'll post mine here

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think we'll get around 45-50 characters this go around, so I've gone with the latter. I don't think four third-parties aren't unlikely either, with Sonic and (most likely) Snake returning, plus Mega-Man, and the possibility of Pac-Man getting in (IF Namco gets a character), four is a very likely number. I also believe DK getting both Dixie and K. Rool is perfectly fine and plausible, as Kirby got two newcomers in Brawl. That being said, here's a roster I cooked up:

Out of all of these, the only ones I really have any attachment to/support are K.Rool (and Dixie to an extent), Ridley, and Krystal. Most of the others I put as I've seen heavy support from them and also see them as likely myself. I found Brawl's roster to be all around very good, so I haven't removed any of them.
Seems plausible. 2 retros seems like a good way to go and you haven't seem to have left anyone essential out (except maybe Little Mac, but that's only because of the stage). I'll have to disagree with Saki. I think Shulk, Little Mac, & Starfy are far more deserving than he is and it's a rather obscure Nintendo franchise. So replace him with one of those 3.

I also wouldn't say that Krystal remotely even has a chance in becoming a playable character. She's perfect as an Assist Trophy and it would give her an excuse to use her outdated staff which was from a RareWare game anyway. A 4th Star Fox character doesn't fit in or balance out the roster anyway. We have 3 characters that share moves: The main Pilot, his partner, and the evil rival. I don't see how the love interest fits in and her out of place potential comes from and outdated misfit entry that was originally another game from another company.

I agree with Lip being the second retro, but personally think Dr. Mario is a better puzzle character.

I still don't agree that 4 Third Parties and Donkey Kong characters is LIKELY, but there is nothing wrong with it.

Props for Roy. He's a much more iconic, unique, and popular choice than Chrom.

If you mean to have Issac then I agree, but if you mean to have Matthew I'd have to say it might not be the best choice, but could still happen. Issac appers in all 3 Golden Sun and represents a bigger and more recurring world of characters and places.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
okay here it is feel free to point out anything, and comment to your heart desires

this is how I predict the final roster to come out as Changes include as:
45 slots (50 characters)
No veterans are cut
snake returns as the final third party
mewtwo returns
Donkey Kong reps turn from 2 to 3 (K.Rool)
Kid Icarus reps turn from 1 to 2 (Palutena)
fire emblem reps turn from 2 to 3(Chrom)
1 new retro rep (Takamaru)
2 new miscellaneous reps (little mac, Shulk)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What the hell, I might as well post mine here.

I'm iffy on one part of it. I may get rid of Lip (*sob*) move Mii to her spot, and add in Pac-Man as a Third Party. Maybe. So I would like a little thought on that idea, because I find it a bit more likely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here you go, SaturnGamer64, but don't go too hard on me. :troll:

I'll point anything out for inclusion if you want. But to point it out already, Geno's on due to pre-Brawl popularity.
I'll start with the positives and go on to the negatives

You have a wide variety of deserving and potential characters and worthwhile additions. I like the addition of Roy over Chrom as he seems to be more popular, requested, and iconic, had an addition in Smash before, brings a bit more variety than Chrom, and had a prequel starring his direct and identical relative who was the first American Fire Emblem protagonist. I too agree that Dixie Kong will get in over King K. Rool for some reasons so good job there. I agree Sukapon should get in, but Sakurai specifically told us not to expect him. I'm also flattered you liked my Mii icon idea, I had Ariand/AEM make it. Also I think an F-Zero rep is a good idea, but really don't think it will happen.

Now for the negatives:

I have to ask about Geno. You say he has pre-Brawl popularity. I don't see how this warrants an inclusion. He's an obscure one-off character who only had one fairly significant role in the Mario universe. I understand Sakurai acknowledges fan requests, but you still need more than that to get in. All the fan requests added in Smash were incredibly deserving and fitting characters. I don't see the positives or motives of adding Genon and if I'm correct, Nintendo doesn't even own the rights to him anymore. I don't understand how he'd get in over Bowser Jr or the protagonist of the successor to Mario RPGs: Paper Mario. 6 Mario characters isn't going to happen either, I'm skeptical that we will even get 5.

Toad.....it's just not happening. If Sakurai plans the roster before development it really wouldn't make sense for him to have a character be used as a human shield towards the same character especially when he's revamping so many move sets.

Sukapon would be plausible if Sakurai hadn't specifically told us not to expect him.

I think Ninten is the only reason a third Mother rep would be added as it's perfectly fine at 2.

Tingle is a plausible Zelda character, but since Zelda is repped perfectly fine I feel he wouldn't fit in or balance out the representation or that Zelda even needs a fifth character.

In conclusion, it's a fun roster, but it seems rather large and has a few questionable characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
(except maybe Little Mac, but that's only because of the stage). I'll have to disagree with Saki.

I also wouldn't say that Krystal remotely even has a chance in becoming a playable character. She's perfect as an Assist Trophy and it would give her an excuse to use her outdated staff which was from a RareWare game anyway. A 4th Star Fox character doesn't fit in or balance out the roster anyway.

I agree with Lip being the second retro, but personally think Dr. Mario is a better puzzle character.

If you mean to have Issac then I agree, but if you mean to have Matthew I'd have to say it might not be the best choice, but could still happen. Issac appers in all 3 Golden Sun and represents a bigger and more recurring world of characters and places.
I'll have to disagree with you on a few of these points.

Animal Crossing got a stage, but Villager is only just now playable. The ring stage is most probably Punch-Out themed, but I still don't see Mac being playable.
I chose Saki because he seemed to be the most fleshed out Assist Trophy, he ran and jumped around while using sword swipes (like A attacks) and shooting (like a special move). Sakurai also made a comment about him fitting right in on the Brawl dojo, so it seems that Sakurai sees him as a candidate, at least.
I'm also laughing slightly at Starfy.
Krystal is one of my personal choices, as I said, though she could be a very likely candidate, and would have a unique moveset compared to Fox and co. And despite what people think about Star Fox not being important enough, Sakurai added Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl, so he must find it deserving enough.

You seem a bit biased towards Dr. Mario, Lip doesn't have much to do with him other than the matching game genre. She would also be more deserving as she comes from her own series and isn't a clone of Mario.

Also, who's this Mathew person people keep talking about? It clearly says Isaac on my roster. I don't know anything about Golden Sun, really.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'll have to disagree with you on a few of these points.

Animal Crossing got a stage, but Villager is only just now playable. The ring stage is most probably Punch-Out themed, but I still don't see Mac being playable.
I chose Saki because he seemed to be the most fleshed out Assist Trophy, he ran and jumped around while using sword swipes (like A attacks) and shooting (like a special move). Sakurai also made a comment about him fitting right in on the Brawl dojo, so it seems that Sakurai sees him as a candidate, at least.
I'm also laughing slightly at Starfy.
Krystal is one of my personal choices, as I said, though she could be a very likely candidate, and would have a unique moveset compared to Fox and co. And despite what people think about Star Fox not being important enough, Sakurai added Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl, so he must find it deserving enough.

You seem a bit biased towards Dr. Mario, Lip doesn't have much to do with him other than the matching game genre. She would also be more deserving as she comes from her own series and isn't a clone of Mario.

Also, who's this Mathew person people keep talking about? It clearly says Isaac on my roster. I don't know anything about Golden Sun, really.
The artwork you used is actually Matthew who is Issac's son from the last Golden Sun game. They look very similar. As for Saki & Krystal I don't think having a cool move set is really enough. I also disagree on your logic of Sakurai adding a new Star Fox character every game, unlike Krystal both of those character were deserving and necessary and just because Sakurai adds a character to a franchise twice in a row doesn't mean he'll do it again. Franchises meet their limits you know, we can't keep adding a new Mario character every single installment until it floods the roster, we didn't even get a new one in Brawl, we lost one and that was the mascot franchise.

What the hell, I might as well post mine here.

I'm iffy on one part of it. I may get rid of Lip (*sob*) move Mii to her spot, and add in Pac-Man as a Third Party. Maybe. So I would like a little thought on that idea, because I find it a bit more likely.
Seems pretty similar to JamesDnaux. I applaud the idea of 2 new retro characters and certainly think Dixie might make it in over King K. Rool. While I see Golden Sun to be more deserving, Shulk can very well happen too. I don't really know about 5 Zelda characters though. Especially not Toon Zelda.

okay here it is feel free to point out anything, and comment to your heart desires

Good job. You kept and added all the really essential characters and maintained it at 45 characters: the most realistic amount. That's really hard to do. Although we might probably get Mii and Issac over Shulk, but it's certainly likely we end up with the roster like this. Good Job with staying at 45 :)

I'm ready

"IT'S BEAUTIFUL..."

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Good job. You kept and added all the really essential characters and maintained it at 45 characters: the most realistic amount. That's really hard to do. Although we might probably get Mii and Issac over Shulk, but it's certainly likely we end up with the roster like this. Good Job with staying at 45 :)
um . . . . . . .
thanks
I just kept a limit at 45 and added characters that were needed, and when I came across a two choices, I just choose the one I wanted more (k rool over Dixie, shulk over Isaac and saki) I just tried to be realistic as possible and made it

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As for Saki & Krystal I don't think having a cool move set is really enough. I also disagree on your logic of Sakurai adding a new Star Fox character every game, unlike Krystal both of those character were deserving and necessary and just because Sakurai adds a character to a franchise twice in a row doesn't mean he'll do it again. Franchises meet their limits you know, we can't keep adding a new Mario character every single installment until it floods the roster, we didn't even get a new one in Brawl, we lost one and that was the mascot franchise.
It's not just the movesets, though a good moveset is one of the most important parts of a character, they are also popular characters, and in the case of Saki, was already made into an assist trophy that was more like a playable character than the other ATs. It would be easier for Sakurai to upgrade him to playable.

I have no such logic of adding Star Fox characters, I said that it's a happy coincidence, and I brought it up to show that Sakurai thinks Star Fox is important, regardless of if there are still games being made. Bringing up Mario was a good point though, four characters is a very good limit, and Krystal would make it an even four (Pokemon still has five though, if Mewtwo is brought back).

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, this is my most recent roster. Have a look.

There are a few characters that I debated adding (Bowser Jr., Ridley, Tingle, Waddle Dee, Shulk, Pac-man etc), but this is the final product that I am most happy with.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll start with the positives and go on to the negatives

You have a wide variety of deserving and potential characters and worthwhile additions. I like the addition of Roy over Chrom as he seems to be more popular, requested, and iconic, had an addition in Smash before, brings a bit more variety than Chrom, and had a prequel starring his direct and identical relative who was the first American Fire Emblem protagonist. I too agree that Dixie Kong will get in over King K. Rool for some reasons so good job there. I agree Sukapon should get in, but Sakurai specifically told us not to expect him. I'm also flattered you liked my Mii icon idea, I had Ariand/AEM make it. Also I think an F-Zero rep is a good idea, but really don't think it will happen.

Now for the negatives:

I have to ask about Geno. You say he has pre-Brawl popularity. I don't see how this warrants an inclusion. He's an obscure one-off character who only had one fairly significant role in the Mario universe. I understand Sakurai acknowledges fan requests, but you still need more than that to get in. All the fan requests added in Smash were incredibly deserving and fitting characters. I don't see the positives or motives of adding Genon and if I'm correct, Nintendo doesn't even own the rights to him anymore. I don't understand how he'd get in over Bowser Jr or the protagonist of the successor to Mario RPGs: Paper Mario. 6 Mario characters isn't going to happen either, I'm skeptical that we will even get 5.

Toad.....it's just not happening. If Sakurai plans the roster before development it really wouldn't make sense for him to have a character be used as a human shield towards the same character especially when he's revamping so many move sets.

Sukapon would be plausible if Sakurai hadn't specifically told us not to expect him.

I think Ninten is the only reason a third Mother rep would be added as it's perfectly fine at 2.

Tingle is a plausible Zelda character, but since Zelda is repped perfectly fine I feel he wouldn't fit in or balance out the representation or that Zelda even needs a fifth character.

In conclusion, it's a fun roster, but it seems rather large and has a few questionable characters.

Geno: I put him in for safety, although it's mostly selfish on my part, as is Porky.

Toad: I'm not going to make a big deal out of this. I still hope the guy's in, as Blue Toad or whatever, and it's been shown that there can be more than 1 Toad with a blue vest and red spots. However, I'll agree with you on this one, but I will say that if I were to choose another character, it'd be Paper Mario. But I still feel Toad's more deserving. In fact, I'm thinking about replacing Geno with Paper Mario to rep his own series (Mario RPGs).

Sukapon: The whole Sukapon inclusion was also based off Villager being dismissed from Brawl, yet appearing in SSB4. So, a small part of me hopes Sukapon will be the revived retro character, since Sakurai's changed his mind about other things too.

Porky: A bit of selfishness on my part, I just love the character. Ninten would be great with me too, as would Masked Man/Claus, but I definitely think that we won't get another Mother character, it's just hope on my part.

Tingle: I feel that, while Zelda is repped well, I included Tingle to round out the Top 3. Since I gave Mario 5 characters (Geno counted as his own series in my head), and Pokemon 5, I gave Zelda 5. I figured Tingle is the one of the few truly iconic characters left not to be included in Super Smash Bros as a playable character (besides Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong and Little Mac), and I didn't really see too much potential in other Zelda characters (Skull Kid was irrelevant by now even though I like the character, Midna and other Twilight Princess characters had their chance in Brawl, Ghirahim isn't very likely at all, Impa seemed redundant with both Zelda and Sheik already on the roster, Toon Zelda w/Tetra felt weird having over half of the roster being versions of the same characters in different timelines and Groose or King Harkinian aren't going to be in for sure.) Besides, since Balloon Fighter seems unlikely with Villager, I want to see at least one character with balloon-centered gameplay.

Dixie Kong: I'm a BIG King K. Rool supporter, but recently, I haven't been feeling so good about him. I feel that with Dixie Kong's revival, we might not see the good Kremling Kaptain for a while.

Roy: He and Mewtwo were added because they're the two veterans everyone wants to see come back. Nobody seems to care about Dr. Mario, Pichu or Young Link, just these two. And, because I'm a pyromaniac, I love Roy too, so I added him in.

Mii: That was the Mii icon you suggested? Wow, small world! I prefer it over the bland, generic "Mii" button, or the default Mii because it feel like you can select your Mii and it'll pop up there instead. It's a novel idea, and I prefer it over anything else.

Only now have I noticed it's a 57-man roster (including ZSS, Sheik and the Pokemon), which is pretty big. I also planned on having Waddle Dee and Lip from Panel de Pon at one point, but I decided against it for a smaller roster.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't mean to make this sound rude, but isn't this topic a bit pointless? If people want your opinion on something, they could message it to you. Or you could even bring up rosters the peak your interest in the Roster Prediction Discussion.

I just feel like that this is very unnecessary.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This is definitely not a copy of my judging thread I made weeks ago, but here's mine.
image.jpg

Morbi

Scavenger
Tingle: I feel that, while Zelda is repped well, I included Tingle to round out the Top 3. Since I gave Mario 5 characters (Geno counted as his own series in my head), and Pokemon 5, I gave Zelda 5. I figured Tingle is the one of the few truly iconic characters left not to be included in Super Smash Bros as a playable character (besides Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong and Little Mac), and I didn't really see too much potential in other Zelda characters (Skull Kid was irrelevant by now even though I like the character, Midna and other Twilight Princess characters had their chance in Brawl, Ghirahim isn't very likely at all, Impa seemed redundant with both Zelda and Sheik already on the roster, Toon Zelda w/Tetra felt weird having over half of the roster being versions of the same characters in different timelines and Groose or King Harkinian aren't going to be in for sure.) Besides, since Balloon Fighter seems unlikely with Villager, I want to see at least one character with balloon-centered gameplay.
Geno would probably count as his own series, especailly considering that he is technically a third party character. Sora Ltd. has already (unnecessarily) segregated Wario and Yoshi to their more specific franchises. So I don't see why he wouldn't do the same for Geno. In that sense, that gives the roster a more linear or aesthetically pleasing quality.

On the topic of Tingle, I am a huge advocate of adding him. Only someone incompetent (or someone clinging to Sakurai's inconclusive precedence) would deem any other character more worthy than our perverted fairy loving friend. He has notoriety in the West, and popularity in the East. I recipe for success if I do say so myself. His popularity and relevance to the Legend of Zelda franchise have little to do with it though. He has other things going for him, such as his quirky spin-off series. He was also in the background of a Melee stage and an Assist Trophy in Brawl, it isn't much, but people use that same evidence to contribute to Ridley's likelihood or even consider characters like Starfy or Issac. If we were to look, he makes the most frequent appearances in the series. A lot of people doubt characters like Midna, Zant, Ghirahim, or Majora because they only make one time appearances (the exception being Skull-Kid). However, as you stated, he is some what irrelevant.

This only enables Tingle to compete with characters like Toon Zelda and Impa. Impa, in my opinion, is far too similar to Sheik. She does have relevance going for her, but many on Smashboards would argue that relevance has little to do with a characters chances. They have to be significant to the series. Impa does fit this criteria, even if Toon Zelda or Tingle might fit that criteria slightly better. Sheik is the biggest obstacle for Impa in my mind. My thoughts on Toon Zelda are the same as SaturnGamer's. There is no way Sakurai wasn't on an illegal substance when he thought of that obsessive idea. He was going through some kind of identity crisis where he wanted to "Toon" the entire roster. Someone at Sora Ltd. probably convinced him that it was a horrible idea and I hope we never hear about it again.

Toon Zelda isn't too likely based on time constraints. If that is the reason she wasn't included in Brawl, there is little reason that the same reason wouldn't exclude her this time around (despite my stance on the issue, I feel like this is a special circumstance, maybe that is hypocritical). She takes longer to develop, it isn't like they even properly figured out how to balance Zelda anyways. She has less relevance than Impa, less significance than Tingle (which is pathetic), and less popularity than both of them (arguably). If he wanted to add a last minute clone, he wouldn't even be able to add her because she takes up twice the development time of any other choices. In all honesty, I think Pichu is more likely.

The only evidence against Tingle is that he wasn't playable over Toon Link, hence he is perpetually stuck as a gimmicky character, condemned to a life as an assist trophy. So a fifth character might be unnecessary.

TL;DR: Tingle rocks!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Geno would probably count as his own series, especailly considering that he is technically a third party character. Sora Ltd. has already (unnecessarily) segregated Wario and Yoshi to their more specific franchises. So I don't see why he wouldn't do the same for Geno. In that sense, that gives the roster a more linear or aesthetically pleasing quality.

On the topic of Tingle, I am a huge advocate of adding him. Only someone incompetent (or someone clinging to Sakurai's inconclusive precedence) would deem any other character more worthy than our perverted fairy loving friend. He has notoriety in the West, and popularity in the East. I recipe for success if I do say so myself. His popularity and relevance to the Legend of Zelda franchise have little to do with it though. He has other things going for him, such as his quirky spin-off series. He was also in the background of a Melee stage and an Assist Trophy in Brawl, it isn't much, but people use that same evidence to contribute to Ridley's likelihood or even consider characters like Starfy or Issac. If we were to look, he makes the most frequent appearances in the series. A lot of people doubt characters like Midna, Zant, Ghirahim, or Majora because they only make one time appearances (the exception being Skull-Kid). However, as you stated, he is some what irrelevant.

This only enables Tingle to compete with characters like Toon Zelda and Impa. Impa, in my opinion, is far too similar to Sheik. She does have relevance going for her, but many on Smashboards would argue that relevance has little to do with a characters chances. They have to be significant to the series. Impa does fit this criteria, even if Toon Zelda or Tingle might fit that criteria slightly better. Sheik is the biggest obstacle for Impa in my mind. My thoughts on Toon Zelda are the same as SaturnGamer's. There is no way Sakurai wasn't on an illegal substance when he thought of that obsessive idea. He was going through some kind of identity crisis where he wanted to "Toon" the entire roster. Someone at Sora Ltd. probably convinced him that it was a horrible idea and I hope we never hear about it again.

Toon Zelda isn't too likely based on time constraints. If that is the reason she wasn't included in Brawl, there is little reason that the same reason wouldn't exclude her this time around (despite my stance on the issue, I feel like this is a special circumstance, maybe that is hypocritical). She takes longer to develop, it isn't like they even properly figured out how to balance Zelda anyways. She has less relevance than Impa, less significance than Tingle (which is pathetic), and less popularity than both of them (arguably). If he wanted to add a last minute clone, he wouldn't even be able to add her because she takes up twice the development time of any other choices. In all honesty, I think Pichu is more likely.

The only evidence against Tingle is that he wasn't playable over Toon Link, hence he is perpetually stuck as a gimmicky character, condemned to a life as an assist trophy. So a fifth character might be unnecessary.

TL;DR: Tingle rocks!

I've stated before (to Diddy Kong) that Impa was important enough to the Zelda series to warrant a spot. Do I believe that she should be in SSB4? No. Although she's important, we already have Zelda/Sheik to represent the Sheikah and the Hylian magic. So, Impa feels a bit redundant. Toon Zelda and Tetra I won't comment on, as I've included them in my previous rosters. I feel that if we were to get one, I'd prefer Tetra by herself, using knives, launching herself with barrels, the Skull Hammer, all that good stuff. Toon Zelda's one true "unique ability" from the normal Zelda we have is her Phantom form. This would be completely damaging to me if Toon Zelda used Spirit Tracks moves and could transform into Tetra. My reasoning? They're different Zeldas. It's the same logic as Spirit Train Toon Link: They're not the same character, so they can coexist (or cease to exist, in Tetra/Phantom Zelda's case). Zelda's moveset was already based off abilities Link used in OoT, but they fit her better than Link, due to the princess = magic thing going on. I feel that if they were to just clone Toon Zelda and make Tetra unique ENOUGH, it'd be stupid. If they're going to attach a new, fresh character to a cloned character, why not just have the unique character by herself?

Tingle's well-known in the East AND the West, albeit in different ways. Besides using his balloons and map-making abilities, I think using Rupees, the Tingle Tuner, and anything from his Japan-exclusive games will work too. Besides, he'd be great to troll with if his taunts had him do his exotic dances. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I've stated before (to Diddy Kong) that Impa was important enough to the Zelda series to warrant a spot. Do I believe that she should be in SSB4? No. Although she's important, we already have Zelda/Sheik to represent the Sheikah and the Hylian magic. So, Impa feels a bit redundant. Toon Zelda and Tetra I won't comment on, as I've included them in my previous rosters. I feel that if we were to get one, I'd prefer Tetra by herself, using knives, launching herself with barrels, the Skull Hammer, all that good stuff. Toon Zelda's one true "unique ability" from the normal Zelda we have is her Phantom form. This would be completely damaging to me if Toon Zelda used Spirit Tracks moves and could transform into Tetra. My reasoning? They're different Zeldas. It's the same logic as Spirit Train Toon Link: They're not the same character, so they can coexist (or cease to exist, in Tetra/Phantom Zelda's case). Zelda's moveset was already based off abilities Link used in OoT, but they fit her better than Link, due to the princess = magic thing going on. I feel that if they were to just clone Toon Zelda and make Tetra unique ENOUGH, it'd be stupid. If they're going to attach a new, fresh character to a cloned character, why not just have the unique character by herself?

Tingle's well-known in the East AND the West, albeit in different ways. Besides using his balloons and map-making abilities, I think using Rupees, the Tingle Tuner, and anything from his Japan-exclusive games will work too. Besides, he'd be great to troll with if his taunts had him do his exotic dances. :troll:
I have nothing against Tetra. I actually wouldn't mind JUST her, I would actually like it. I was attacking Toon Zelda more than Tetra, Tetra might even be more warranted than Tingle (not really), but she would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom