• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have You Pre-ordered Your Brawl Today?

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
They actually tell you which number on the list you are? Does that mean if I were the say , 300th person on the list, and I arrive earlier than say 100 people, will I not receive my pre-order copy until those individuals come forth?
The whole point of numbers for pre-orders is (and this is what I was told). Lets say they get 100 copies of brawl, but 150 pre-order. Only the first 100 people of the pre-orders will get there copies(exceptions apply). Then the next 100 copies received would be used to cover the next 50, any surplus being sold to the general public (exceptions apply).

Some things about this policy. Pre-orders DO NOT mean you can wait 3 weeks go back and be guaranteed a game. In fact, I believe your only guaranteed 48 Hours before your moved to the end of the pre-order list along with the others who didn't pick there games up, and your only guaranteed 3-5(Not sure) days until anyone still on the pre-order list has there game sold to the public. The next shipment of game's you would again be reserved a copy for 3-5 days and the whole process continues to repeat itself. You have to understand this is Pre-Orders, meaning there depending on you to be a person who wants to purchase this product A.S.A.P.

^This whole policy is gamestops, this is what I was told.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I pre-ordered it back in October (expecting the original winter release date).

I believe it will arrive in the mail for me.

Either that or they'll call me and I'll pick it up.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone mention that if you pre-order for gamestop that you can compete in the torunament that their holding?

オビ (Obi)

Smash Cadet
Did anyone mention that if you pre-order for gamestop that you can compete in the torunament that their holding?
True. I pre-order the game just last week and I was told that before the game releases, the store will held a tournament. Melee of course.

Man, knowing how gamestop works, I just know the tourney will suck a lot. :urg:

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was informed today that it will be a Brawl tournament. Meaning the games going to be played on Brawl.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I'm still debating whether it's worth it, because I'm not really going to have lots of time the week of the 9th so I may just order it online and get it in the middle of the week. I'm also not sure how many people in my area have a Wii, and whether I can just straight up walk in and pick up a copy. I'll might end up pre-ordering anyway, though.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Ive reserved both the game and the strat. guide.
I have the strat. guide fully payed off, and $17 on the game.
Im hoping i wont have to camp out though, its a pretty small gamestop so i dont think i will have to. Im gonna go to the store at 11:30pm though

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Well if not many people have it then you have a good chance or winnin the tourney.

Grifflame

Smash Cadet
I pre-ordered mine at GameStop last august. They're going to have a midnight opening and the manager said he's going to get a cake specially made.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I pre-ordered back in October, when I thought I was going to have it December 3rd haha

pirkid

Smash Lord
I pre-ordered mine fairly late, around Christmas. (It was my Christmas present. I didn't have to pay. XD)

It's says Canadian shipping, but I'm not so sure. Anyone got an idea when my shipment (or any for that matter) will get in? (Day of, 1 day after, etc.) I used Best Buy online pre-ordering.

jgrant1100

Smash Apprentice
my mall can't have midnight launch but me and 2 buds are going when the mall opens and sit in line till the gamestop opens
preorded in october

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered mine fairly late, around Christmas. (It was my Christmas present. I didn't have to pay. XD)

It's says Canadian shipping, but I'm not so sure. Anyone got an idea when my shipment (or any for that matter) will get in? (Day of, 1 day after, etc.) I used Best Buy online pre-ordering.

Well, I don't know about Best Buy, but I'd guess anywhere from 2 (once ordered from Amazon w/free shipping on Sun, got on Tues. Nice.) to 7 ish days.

Top Bottom