• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has it been determined yet what the rare amiibos are for wave 2, wave 3 etc?

DinosaurPwn

Smash Rookie
I don't have a disposable income and at some point want to complete the collection, so I will be buying the hard to get ones first, then throughout 2015 I will try to complete the collection. So far I have Marth, Villager, Wii Fit trainer, King Deedeede, Ike, Metaknight, Little Mac, and a Samus. I have been trying to figure out how to get the lucario since the preorder sold out, and same for Rosalina & Luma (These are my two mains). Any ideas what are going to be must buy before they all sell out?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I think that any retailer exclusive Amiibo is going to be pretty rare. It's hard to say for Wave 2 since the shipments got screwed up.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Look for Amiibos that only mains would pick, like WFT and Villager. Those are probably your best bet. More known characters like Ganon and Luigi will probably be less rare than, say, Peach.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina will probably be rare enough, at least at first. Really strange marketing decision, though.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
In my opinon:
Rare
Retail exclusives: :4lucario:(toys r us),:4metaknight:(best buy),:4shulk:(gamestop), :rosalina:(target).
Currently: :4villager:,:4wiifit:, and :4marth:
Recently(with wave 2 coming in): :4littlemac:

Possibly: :4myfriends:,:4falcon:,:4dedede:,:4pit:,:4megaman:(his design looks really nice)

I can't say much about the rest though. Maybe :4rob: ,:4pacman:and :4duckhunt:too.

DinosaurPwn

Smash Rookie
In my opinon:
Rare
Retail exclusives: :4lucario:(toys r us),:4metaknight:(best buy),:4shulk:(gamestop), :rosalina:(target).
Currently: :4villager:,:4wiifit:, and :4marth:
Recently(with wave 2 coming in): :4littlemac:

Possibly: :4myfriends:,:4falcon:,:4dedede:,:4pit:,:4megaman:(his design looks really nice)

I can't say much about the rest though. Maybe :4rob: ,:4pacman:and :4duckhunt:too.

I agree with these as being possible rares. I know lucario and Rosalina are SUPER rare. I hope I can get my hands on them in store before they sell out.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
All of wave 2 is rare atm. Walmart STILL hasn't gotten the wave in after failing to do so on Sunday, the day they said they would. My local EB games, or gamestop for all you 'murricans, only had Zelda, and decided to not restock the day they should've, Sunday, and did it today without telling anyone, and I'm guessing they just did that to tell all their friends so they all get amiibos when nobody else would come to the store.

Canada sucks at these things, but we did good on Gamecube adaptors, evern when I didn't get one.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I should have preordered all the exclusives. Now I will have to run around on the release date to like 10 different stores trying to find them.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling Captain Falcon will be pretty rare, given his legendary status amongst Smash Bros. fans.
Then that'd be the exact opposite case: thousands of Falcon Amiibos would be released to meet the demand.

The way to think is assume that less popular characters (WFT, Marth, Villager, etc) will have less stocks made as they aren't as popular as characters like Link or Fox, so they'll be more rare.

Top Bottom