• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone found new ATs yet?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Other than all the gameplay tweaks and new combo possibilities thanks to altered physics, have there been any B+ advanced techs created yet, character-specific or otherwise? All I'm seeing here is talk about texture hacks and Melee character revivals, but hardly any talk about actually using B+ competitively outside of the Competitive Codes thread. Anything?

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I discovered something the other day: Fair, fair, and dair in the ledge with Marth -- I call it a Ken combo. xD

But seriously... I haven't really found any AT's except for the few that survived from vBrawl.

Almas

Smash Lord
Tornado Cancelling with Metaknight is being discussed in another thread. Now, if you ledge-cancel the tornado's lag, it seems to maintain a hitbox while you float to the ground. Considering the move now also has increased lag, it seems a very useful AT.

The Crawldashes of many characters have become more useful and significant due to dash cancelling, I believe.

Certain characters have somewhat effective ledgestalls that weren't so good before. For example, Lucario can ledgehop->dair->regrab to keep the ledge guarded fairly effectively, which is a far more useful technique now.

It could be argued that Resetting is a more useful AT to use due to Jablocks being removed, but that's iffy.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Tornado Cancelling with Metaknight is being discussed in another thread. Now, if you ledge-cancel the tornado's lag, it seems to maintain a hitbox while you float to the ground. Considering the move now also has increased lag, it seems a very useful AT.
Tornado Canceling CAN'T be useful. It's so, oh so situational. You probably won't even think of doing it when you need it, and it's a bit hard to do/set up. I kind of explained it, but where is the thread with TC in it?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Tornado Canceling CAN'T be useful. It's so, oh so situational. You probably won't even think of doing it when you need it, and it's a bit hard to do/set up. I kind of explained it, but where is the thread with TC in it?
Well...since the vast majority of platforms have stages, it should have SOME use <_<. Sliding off the edge of a platform on a fast moving move isn't as hard to use in matches as you think.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well...since the vast majority of platforms have stages, it should have SOME use <_<. Sliding off the edge of a platform on a fast moving move isn't as hard to use in matches as you think.
It's not that simple; the timing has to be PERFECT, frame wise. I did it myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFUGE67ZuU&fmt=18

You have to do it RIGHT on the end of the platform in the middle of the nado, at the end of the nado animation, and it's really hard to time right.

cman

Smash Ace
hardly any talk about actually using B+ competitively outside of the Competitive Codes thread. Anything?
That's where competitive discussion should take place... so what's the problem? There are like 10k posts or something in that thread.

D

Deleted member

These forums aren't exclusively for Brawl+, Wander, so there's going to be a lot of talk that's not about this topic.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
You might even say that every platform has a stage. :p

They are going to add in DJC for Ness in the next Nightly Build. Hopefully for Yoshi in the future also.

But basically, B+ isn't likely to "create" any groundbreaking techniques unless they are put in on purpose. Most of the changes have been damage / knockback / framespeed changes to individual moves, and these types of changes don't really lend themselves to creating new ATs.

Although purposefully inserting new ATs has been an idea that has been tossed around before.

D

Deleted member

I don't know anything about vBrawl ATs but I've noticed that if I hit my c-stick and my d-stick in opposite directions almost simultaneously (the d-stick a frame or 2 first) you can move in that direction and do a smash attack the other way.

I don't know what stutter-stepping is, but maybe this is it - I just thought because of the dash-dancing in Brawl+ that this was Brawl+ exclusive.

Try it; it's equivalent to wavedashing backwards to better space your smashes. (hit the joystick to the right and the c-stick to the left and you should do a f-smash to the left, yet you just moved some)

Top Bottom