• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone ever encountered a famous Smash player online?

Have you ever faced a famous smash player online? If so, did you won at least once?

• Total voters

Aheavypyro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1225-0176
Has any one here in Smashboard ever encountered a professional Smash player online? Have you ever beaten them once? I have a poll up in this thread if any of you guys have ever faced one online. I am genuinely curious to see if other people did face off against other professional smash players and talk about their experience..

Now, I'm not sure if I should be lucky or not, but I got an interesting tale to tell you. Though, I am unsure if this player is the professional player that the name tag labels him out to be.

On Friday August 7th, after shopping for clothes for the upcoming school year, I decided to relax and spend the rest of my time playing Online Smash 3DS on my red 2DS. I went to For Glory and played for some time.Then, at around 11 p.m., I have, suddenly, encounter a particular player. Rather, a very famous player: ZeRo

I was honestly rather surprised that I was facing Gonzalo Barrios online. I'm not really into the competitive smash community, in fact, the only tournament that I entered was hosted in my school library. Despite this, I am aware of the professional players such as ZeRo, Mew2King, and others through the You Tube community of Smash Bros such as AlpharadTV, Etika(Young Ramsey), and RelaxAlax.

I fought against him five time before he left, but fortunately I have saved replays of each match. The fights were very intense, but in the end, I WON (3-2).... I think. I have nothing against him in any manner, but somehow (this is just from my quick and brief experiences of fighting against him) ZeRo is not as invisible as many people make him out to be. But I digress, since I pretty much doubt that beating Barrios in For Glory counts as me being superior than him. In addition, the battles took place on a Friday, so I guess this was his "Fun Friday" and not some serious training for another EVO or APEX. ZeRo definitely is a great and skillful player and, as far as I know, an unstoppable machine in tournaments. If I were on a tournament facing against ZeRo, I would certainly lose.

If any of you people doubt my claim (which 99.99% of you do. I don't blame you), here is visual evidence of me against ZeRo. Just a heads up, when I taunt after I KO Barrios, I did it just to show off. I'll admit that it was reckless of me taunting, but I hope this was not taken too personal for him or anyone who knows Mr. Barrios.

Luis vs. ZeRo 1 (The First Encounter):

Luis vs. ZeRo 2 (A Dodgy Situation):

Luis vs. ZeRo 3 (STAND BY ME):

Luis vs. ZeRo 4 (The Calamity of Two Captains):

Luis vs. ZeRo 5 (The Final Battle):

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Something about that first match kind of gives off a feeling that it's not ZeRo. It's probably just some kid pretending to be him.

Also, didn't ZeRo abandon the 3DS ship as soon as the Wii U version launched?

Aheavypyro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1225-0176
Something about that first match kind of gives off a feeling that it's not ZeRo. It's probably just some kid pretending to be him.

Also, didn't ZeRo abandon the 3DS ship as soon as the Wii U version launched?
I am not sure since I am not into the competitive smash community. Though, I guess this player that I faced have similar play style like the original. Thanks for fixing that up.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I don't remember if I ever actually fought him but I think I may have fought against AceStarThe3rd one time on the Wii U version (or at least someone else using that name).

On a side note I've ran into tons of obvious impersonators like people named Dabuz and Mew2King (both of whom had no idea how to play).

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not randomly, no. Would be kinda funny tbh.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm pretty sure I fought Gimpyfish62 on For Glory about a month ago. He used Little Mac, Bowser, and Bowser Jr (I did good though I couldn't beat his Bowser).

I also think I fought against Tantalus' R.O.B. many months ago (though he beat me for the most part).

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I was in a tourney with ZeRo while he was streaming. Didn't actually fight him but that's close enough right?

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I fought shofu on his palutena video of his tournament mode series, he really isn't famous for his skills, but people know who he is. I was soooo happy to come across him online. not only that, but I also beat him which is a plus to me :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I was put up against ESAM in bracket today. He three-stocked me, but I'm proud of taking a stock and a decent amount of percent.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I've fought someone who called themsef "ZeRo," but they were most likely someone who was pretending to be him.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai. Yeah, the creator of SMASH Sakurai.

A week after Tourney mode was launched, I decided to half-ass in regular For Fun FFA Tourney. It was me, this Kirby, King Dedede, myself as Peach, and this Mii character by the name of "Rick".

Anyway, at the starting screen where it shows you who the name and character of your opponent's; while my Mii's name and two others appeared legit, "Rick's" name was shown to be Sakurai. And yes, the Mii looked 100% like him or at least how he looked in Miiverse.

Let me tell ya'll something. Me and two other guys did not go near him. Were we scared? No. But we were pretty dumbfounded. I was like "what the hell he's doing here"? So, this "Rick" Sakurai was on one end of the stage and I was kind of waiting for him to do something. The Kirby and the King Dedede fought, but I just stood, staring. When the Golden Hammer appeared next to "Rick" Sakurai, that's when I got out of my daze to get it from him and he picked it up, KOing me in the process.

He kills one other guy (I think the King Dedede) and here's the funny part....

...He TAUNTED!

Yeah, that's when I got the fightin' with him! He won the match, of course, and it is too bad that unless I am the winner of the entire tourney mode, I cannot save replays.

Even to this day I ask myself, was that really Sakurai in the K.K. Rider costume laughing and playing with us?

Oh well, ya'll don't have to believe me, but just thought I share that experience.

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
I don't think I ever fought a famous player before, although I remember coming up against impersonators on 3DS back when I first got it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Not yet, but I am friends with two players who have both supposedly met StylesX2 once before.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I think i went up against that 'Ryo' guy who mains Ike (?) Had the tag 'Mvg_Ryo" something like that. It was maybe a week after Roy and Ryu were released, so he went Roy and we had very close matches,against my Samus.

We took games off eachother every other game. I don't remember if he went ike at all, but he did go Samus for a last match (trying to disrespect man? xD c'mon don't do this to me plz!) and i managed to barely beat him. I freakn hate dittos, from what i know he does not play Samus but felt good for some reason. 'x)

I'm had the replay of that samus match but 1.1.1 happened...

Last edited:

Super Snarflepuff

Smash Rookie
NNID
chubbytired
No, but I have fought known Smash players in person. Which are Hungry Box, MVG_Sol, MVG_Ryo, and Mew2king. Cool guys, never took a set off of them lol

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
I did fight Serynder the other day, (probably best sm4sh Puff) He beat the crap out of me but I learned a lot off of it and it helped me improve a lot!

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
i fought CLG_Nakat, came across him on for glory randomly. sucks because I was doing an ironman and I happened to be on Ike, someone I thoroughly can't use well lmao. i did pretty decently for having no idea how to use ike properly but needless to say my ironman run had to be restarted.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
My personal punching bag got embarrassed/styled on beat up by AlphaRad in How To Play Captain Falcon 202, if that counts (He was the DP whose shield was broken by a FALCON PUNCH.

I've yet to run into anyone famous online.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My personal punching bag got embarrassed/styled on beat up by AlphaRad in How To Play Captain Falcon 202, if that counts (He was the DP whose shield was broken by a FALCON PUNCH.

I've yet to run into anyone famous online.
I just saw that video today, what a coincidence! I often wonder how many people encounter him online and then try to find themselves in his videos, haha~

On topic, I ran into a player named False once. He bodied me with R.O.B. I have no idea of verifying if it was the real deal, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Ran into StylesX2 (or a copycat, likely the latter given what happened in the match) once. He was :4megaman:, I was :4luigi:. For whatever reason, he just suicides himself. No fighting whatsoever. So... :ohwell:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Think I might have faced ESAM before. He used Pika and beat me pretty hard though I think I might have pulled a win once.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
Not online but I have played GGA.Nite, Kneesus, and Alphamew17 (made famous by beating Jtails on his stream) in tournament. Not that any of them are super famous but are all semi well known in the Smash 4 community.

As far as sets go: 0-1 against GGA.Nite, 2-2 against Kneesus, 0-2 against Alphamew17.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I fought against Shofu once at a real life tourney, and although I didn't talk to him I once saw Nintendude at a tourney as well.

Nah

Smash Champion
It's hard to tell since there are impostors online (I once ran into an obviously fake Mew2King.....and someone posing as Mango even though I'm pretty sure Mango plays Melee and not Smash 4), but I did once fight and lose to a Pac-Man who went by Zage. Maybe it was the real Zage but who knows.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
Not online but I have played GGA.Nite, Kneesus, and Alphamew17 (made famous by beating Jtails on his stream) in tournament. Not that any of them are super famous but are all semi well known in the Smash 4 community.

As far as sets go: 0-1 against GGA.Nite, 2-2 against Kneesus, 0-2 against Alphamew17.
It's hard to tell since there are impostors online (I once ran into an obviously fake Mew2King.....and someone posing as Mango even though I'm pretty sure Mango plays Melee and not Smash 4), but I did once fight and lose to a Pac-Man who went by Zage. Maybe it was the real Zage but who knows.
Unfortunately your right the only possible way to tell is if you play them in person or it happens to be against someone who uploads random "For Glory" videos like "PixelTrix" or "JTails"

Top Bottom