• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#HappyRobinsDay ! - What did you make this 14th of July?

D

Deleted member

On July the 14th, 2014, to the day, Lucina, but also and especially Robin, have been confirmed to be playable for Smash 4 along with Captain Falcon returning as a veteran.

Not only Robin was among the best additions to the cast of Smash by their uniqueness in comparison to the original Fire Emblem cast and by the successful game they come from, but this reveal also marked the debunk of the infamous Gematsu Leak, believed by many as a sort of prophecy.

As for me, I was just eagerly waiting in front of my laptop, expecting Shulk, my most wanted ever, to be confirmed as some tweets seemed to be teasing, but when I saw Robin instead, my second most wanted and "menaced" by the said leak, I was like on the verge of a heart attack.

And you, what were you doing this day ?

Fun fact : the 14th of July is also France's National Day !

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was expecting Chrom, and I got more than I bargained for.

Much, much more.

This was the most hype I'd ever been for Smash since Palutena's reveal the month beforehand - ye gods, the hype was real.

Happy Bastille Day, incidentally~ :3

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I was actually on a camping trip. The rest of the people camping were coming a day after me, so I'd slept alone in the cabin. I remember jolting awake, movie style, suddenly remembering that there was a smash video that was supposed to be out that morning. Miraculously, I got service long enough to load the short video, and began watching.

I lost my mind when I saw Lucina.

I screamed and flailed, and FULLY released my inner nerd. After all, no one was around to hear or see me! I was stoked to see the Cap back, and was wondering what they were doing with Chrom. Then I saw the Elwind soar downwards. I thought "no.. NO. WAY." As Robin descended down, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Then he turned, as to me, and said "It's going to be alright," which I needed to hear at the time. I proceeded to scream.

The rest of the video ensued, and I continued making a fool of myself. Then the Fem Robin reveal happened, and the rest of my week was made (as if it already hadn't been). The whole camping trip I struggled for cell service, trying to look up info on the reveal and see what you guys on the boards were saying. I never got enough to load the video or anything big again, making that initial miricle of service all the more amazing.

*sighs* It was a good time.

Top Bottom