• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanging on the ledge.. i can't get back

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I need some advice. When i get back to the stage by clinging to the edge, i have a hard time getting back up.

The best way i have done it so far is by dropping then floating away.. when i'm far enough away i double jump and then parasol and try to go over them..

Or, i'll drop and try to parasol them, but they usually just shield it and punish me from there.

Can anyone give me advice on getting up from the ledge?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i'd like to know some other smashers views on this idea as well... considering a sheik stays about midway between a roll and between your climbing slowly on the ledge. if you roll you have enough time to get hit if you get up slow you can be dashed or other stuff. and if you ledge attack you can still be hit.... i dont know why but i really fear suiciding or getting owned if i attempt an aerial after holding the ledge. granted this situation is usually after i lose my float.

this said what i attempt most of the time would be a neutral a to clear some room yet protect me for some time... l-canceled. of course. but i'd like to hear some other views.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
On the edge what i do is mix it up and try to vary it every time, jumping up and fairing on the stage is surprisingly effective, or nairing, or wavedashing onto the edge. Peach shouldnt have that much trouble getting on the stage from the ledge if you vary it and do it smartly.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ok, had a much nicer post in the works but to sum it up.
Peach's ledgegame is one of, if not the worst in the game

typically one of the standard 4 ways of getting up is the best idea (don't forget about jumping)

If you insist on pretending like you have a ledgegame, you can:
  1. Ledgehop aerial. Whatever, shouldn't work because you lose invulnerability. Good changeup.
  2. LedgeWD. Bad for the same reason as the aerial. Whereas other characters can get on while still invulnerable (to protect from something like a marth fsmash), peach cant.
  3. Ledge umbrella. Pretty cool trick, straight from the edge just umbrella up to get back on. The opening of the umbrella can catch people off guard, and stopped me from being grabbed by a sheik (again) just yesterday. Also combos if you hit it.
  4. ledgeairdodge, let go of edge and airdodge up (and slightly diagonally), onto stage. Good changeup. Easily waited out if you're spamming it.
  5. ledge toad-for the stupid at heart.
But yeah jumping away from the edge and recovering high is a good idea too.

In fact, recovering high in general is a better idea. So try to do that.

Still a pretty decent post.
Done being 1337. I'm back.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Exarch has it down with the ledge game. I'd just like to add that Peach's ledge attack catches most people off gaurd because it extends much farther than expected, and it pretty slow to start up, then kicks quickly. Just pressing up get you up fairly quickly and gives you time to attack/shield if you please. Rolling works well against those that try and stay right on the edge of coarse.

But the best thing to do is constantly change it up. Add Variety.

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
On the edge what i do is mix it up and try to vary it every time, jumping up and fairing on the stage is surprisingly effective, or nairing, or wavedashing onto the edge. Peach shouldnt have that much trouble getting on the stage from the ledge if you vary it and do it smartly.

To wavedash on the edge you let go jump then airdodge on? Or you let go then wavedash. Maybe I should look at wavedashing more closely?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
like exarch said, Peach has some bad ledge games. Coming back with a edgehog like Shiek would be tricky. The best thing you could do is switch it up

If you're coming back from a high distance off the stage level, then your best chance is to Up B it. In the air, you'll be able to come down more slowly and you could land whereever you want as long as you could mindgame your opponent.

If you're still off the air but not as high as before, then things go different. You could use the Up B, but it'll make you open for attacks from most characters. If not, a spike at least. I suggest you either float to the edge as close as possible and then dodge forward with a quick press of the down so you can touch the ground, making you react with a powerful attack. You could do this similar thing when you grab the ledge. Fall off, quickly jump up, air dodge, and attack. This works especially well when your opponents attack and miss.

If you're lower though, then your options are limited. at least two. You could:

A) Up B it and hope the umbrella connects to your opponents. It usually does, but a person who plays Peaches a lot would usually expect it (since they face a lot of peaches). If they were marth, they wavedash back, then forward, then smash if they can. or any other would just keep their distance.

B) Wall bomb the area (if possible) then umbrella. this would kinda catch them off guard, but it still isn't certain.

So yeah... that's about all I could help with right now. for a floatie, Peach doesn't have a lot of options.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
wow i just checked and peaches ledgegame IS terrible... whats the go with that crazy double jump.... yeah just mix it up and dont forget the standard ledgey things.... i was mostly rolling back on... but that only works cause one of my mates is a tottal noob... i can even beat him with peach...(wich is saying something cause i suck at peach), and that ledge umbrella sounds hella cool.... must give taht a try...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you still have your float you can drop down and go under FD/BF/DL...just for kicks.

Top Bottom