• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanenbow, what do you think of it?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think this stage is beautiful I love how it looks when the leaves change colors and when the flower blooms. I love the music, but what I like most about it is no matter how much people hate it its not going to be banned in tournaments (or else it shouldnt be).

So yeah I dont hate this stage but I dont really like playing on it competitively either.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
I don't like it too much. It's only good for the people who are good with aerial combat. The platforms are a bit too small and like everyone said, you can't swim in the water...

stratele

Smash Apprentice
meh ok once in a while. Its peaceful. But once you fall in the water bit, unless you have an amazing recovery. Your pritty much done for.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
It's fun to make the white flower appear. But as a stage for fighting... not so great, I generally try to avoid them junks at all costs.

It has a cool art style, though.

Sucks@Smash

Smash Rookie
The stage is pretty terrible for gameplay uses.
But I agree with some of the posts sayings it's "relaxing."
I thought it was kind of cool that all characters are 2D on this stage.:ohwell:

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
looks cool
but in reality it sucks.
the platforms are all in strange places
and the the branches look like platforms when they're really not :(

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
Awful stage. Easily falling to your death and other characters nudging the ground you stand on (in-turn making you flinch) is very annoying. Definitely one of the worst arenas in the game.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I hate this stage in general... it has fake water, semi- moving platforms, a fake twig, and no music. You might as well just make a stage with multiple platforms... It would be much better than Hannenbow.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Bad stage. I only played there twice: one time during a event match and another time during a FFA.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It's a poorly executed stage that really had potential to be good. If there was an easily discernible main platform that didn't move, it would definitely be better. "Real" water would be nice, too.

The one thing I do like about the stage as-is is the Electroplankton making the music for the stage, which changes based on the angles of the leaves that they hit.

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
It wouldn't be so bad if you could actually swim in the water and there were less leaves. But of course, Nintendo had to mess it up.

It's just aesthically hideous to me. The leaf ideas may be novel but they are nausea-inducing to me. Did I mention that it sucks that the platforms are not like platforms. The leaves changing colors just ruins any competitive game you try to have on it. Even for an all-items match with my sucky friends, I'd much rather play with the 2D Ape and Fireballs on 75m than Hanenbow.

Neogen

Smash Rookie
It's a complete wreck stage which is why it's one of the best strategic stages. Think about it! Small platforms with many floors. You want to stay up so you can survive when you get hit up! But what if someone attacks from below?! Moving up and down causes angle based strategy! Just think of how slight inclines can deter projectiles! It causes mass internal panic for those who aren't ready. Small platforms mean deadly close range fights to raging range battle, which when you think about it are very close to each other. I honestly think it's a definite counter-pick that favors the outrageously strategic.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
I like it. Saying "the water is fake" isn't a good excuse, IMO. It's as easy to remember as "the water is real" on Delfino.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
You know, in most stages, there is a main platform with some passable platforms above it.

In Hanenbow, there is no such main platform; just the passable ones. Seriously, if it had a main platform, or AT LEAST you could swim, I'd like it. But with the main platform, I'd love it.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow is perhaps the worst idea ever in the history of Smash.
It sucks as much as Pichu and Smash64.
If I'm ever forced to play on it, I'm pretty sure I'll eject my disk immediantly, and put it somewhere where Hanenbow will never be shown on my TV.

And that's how much it SUCKS.

Wrong. Random Tripping is even worser!

Zevox

Smash Lord
It's okay. It's colorful, but that's about it - there's nothing about it that makes it particularly enjoyable to play on, but also nothing that makes me dislike playing on it. I generally don't pick it (unless it gets chosen when I do a random pick), but I don't mind when someone else does.

I do wish it had some more/different music, though. I know the music is part of the theme, but that particular tune is rather dull for a fighting game like Brawl.

Zevox

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow is perhaps the worst idea ever in the history of Smash.
It sucks as much as Pichu and Smash64.
If I'm ever forced to play on it, I'm pretty sure I'll eject my disk immediantly, and put it somewhere where Hanenbow will never be shown on my TV.

And that's how much it SUCKS.
You my friend need to get your priorities straight. Smash 64 is the lone reason there ever was a Melee, even more so Brawl. And if you talk bad about Pichu again, he will Thunder you while you're sleeping...

Now that we have that out of the way, I agree with you Hanenbow is definitely the worst thing (besides tripping) ever added to smash.:laugh:

WolFlash

Smash Cadet
It is without a doubt one of the worst stages in brawl. It's too aerial, you cant swim in the water, the leaves move when you hit them making it weird to play on.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
It is without a doubt one of the worst stages in brawl. It's too aerial, you cant swim in the water, the leaves move when you hit them making it weird to play on.
QFT.

Its like were brothers or something. I believe it was a marketing scheme to boost its sales (not brawl) or something.

Feben

Smash Cadet
It's a terrible stage indeed. I always lose when someone chooses Hanenbow. The leaves always seem to move away when i try to reach them. And I always forget you can't swim.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
It's a terrible stage indeed. I always lose when someone chooses Hanenbow. The leaves always seem to move away when i try to reach them. And I always forget you can't swim.
It also leaves you with this thought: If swimming is a three dimensional experience how come g&w can hold 3d items? And mostly stand.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's too aerial
It's a good counterpick for characters with a good air game.
you cant swim in the water
I've never understood why people think this is a bad thing. You can't swim in the water so it's just like it doesn't exist, so the bottom is just like any other stage. I would have thought that after the first time you go to land in the water and go through people would realise that you can't land on it and, I dunno, stop thinking you can? Same with the "omg I keep thinking I can land on the brown stick in the background"
The leaves move when you hit them making it weird to play on.
Means more strategy, imo, and it's funny that often the same smashers who complain about that, also complain about edgeguarding being a lot harder.

Just a shame you can theoretically run laps around in it for singles, otherwise I'd love CPing on this stage because no one ever plays it and aren't used to it. It's a brilliant CP in teams though :D

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Eh, it's pretty fun once in a while, but when someone chooses it just to spam neutral a with MK to screw around with the leaves it just pisses me off.

StrongGaia

Smash Rookie
The platforms are incredibly short, and they constantly change their slope. It's very difficult to play on, which can be either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it.

And Mario 101, you're signature: You have no mains, but 8 secondaries?

Pippi

Smash Rookie
I like Hanenbow. I'm actually fine with Brawling in it. If I recall correctly though, people are saying that it attracts campers, but I find it funny that I actually avoid some camping in this stage. :\.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I don't like having serious fights on it. However, since it is right next to the random button, if one player tries to move the cursor up to some other stage than random and the other player just expected to hit A on random, Hanenbow is easily accidentally picked. In these cases, I always take the time to make a flower before exiting the stage.

It matters. Somehow.

Top Bottom