• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I use to love Chill Out. I played Halo 1 over xbconnect ALL the time back in the day. I havent been on here in a little while. Got up to a 49 in swat...Probably just jinxed myself though.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
shwatguns is killing my k/d ratio. i have yet to play swat ball or flag yet though. me, alt,and one more person, and hotrod need to get together for some swat sometime soon. remember 9:00PM EST saturday first smashboard halo meet. we'll probly do team snipes

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I had one excellent game today Blazer(shotty snipers on narrows), and I also had easily the worst game of my life( that first one, team slayer on valhalla. )

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
I had one excellent game today Blazer(shotty snipers on narrows), and I also had easily the worst game of my life( that first one, team slayer on valhalla. )
good, i was surprised when i saw you had more kills than me on narrows. valhalla is my stronger map, be it team brs, regular team slayer, or shotty snipes. speaking of sinpers on vlhalla, you know you have crappy teammates when you hear sharpshooter killingfrenzy and your teams total score is 12.
i asked the people at high speed halo about a match but they said no and closed the topic.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
woot three missions left for me and my brother. ark, floodgate, and cortana. i have a feeling cortana is going to be hard as hell.

and i had my first sharpshooter in a game of shotty snipers on last resort, probably my best game of shotty snipers yet.

I'm a total of 6 campaign missions away from jsut needing my ranked free for all achievements.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Cortana is tough as hell if you do it by yourself on Legendary. But if you have 2 or 3 people with you, then it won't be as bad. The Ark isn't too bad in my opinion, my main problem about it was that it's a long level so it's kinda annoying when doing it on Legendary. Floodgate, I think you can beat it by yourself although you will probably die a couple of times. I have managed to beat Floodgate on Legendary by myself, but those carbine flood forms were annoying as hell. If you want me to help you WG, just pm me what time you want me on and I can help you with the remaining levels.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
woot three missions left for me and my brother. ark, floodgate, and cortana. i have a feeling cortana is going to be hard as hell.

and i had my first sharpshooter in a game of shotty snipers on last resort, probably my best game of shotty snipers yet.

I'm a total of 6 campaign missions away from jsut needing my ranked free for all achievements.
floodgate is te easyest level in the game. here is a video of it being done very well by yours truly without shooting. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DVCPlvj2i5A
cortana can be hard if you don't know what your doing. always have these 2 weapons with you and you'll be fine, needler and energy sword. ark requires patience and is really hard IF you don't know exactly what your doing. but we cant really help you until you renew your live.
speaking of campain, me and my friend nailed covenant heroic in 13:04. we would have gotten sub 13:00 but he messed my up in the end with the hammer, knocking me off the edge in front of the switch and later into a wall.

congrates on the sharpshooter. i know of an awsome sniper spot on last resort, all you need is a bute shot and a grav-lift.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I was playing at my friend's house last night and today in the morning and we got rocked.

We played Team Snipers on Valhalla and lost like 50 to 9.

One of the guys got a "Perfection" medal (At least 15 kills and 0 deaths in a game).

He had 28 total kills at the end of the game. It was very disheartening.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Alright, I'll probably figure out for myself when I play the game tomorrow (Woo, Bungie day!), but I was just over on the Bnet forums and noticed somebody said something about changes they've made to Narrows. Apparently the bases now both get Overshields, grenade spawns have been moved, the Rockets are where the Shotgun once was, there isn't a Shotgun on the map and there's a Bubble Shield where the Rockets used to be... I hated Narrows, but shoot, I might just enjoy this set up.

smashman90

Smash Lord
The changes in norrows doesn't really bother me. And I heard that they changed the spawn locations in Narrows so that people won't get spawned killed so easily. Thank god they did that because I kept getting spawn ***** on Narrows whenever I play Team Swat.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So I played Halo tonight and god, Narrows plays so much better now. I absolutely hated Narrows prior, but the new version didn't seem bad at all. Feels really weird to be playing Halo after playing so much Bad Company though. Halo is so **** floaty compared to it, but so much more fun as well.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol that's pretty funny. I go for those a lot at the pit and I've had kills but apparently not with the cone.

me and my brother just finished all but cortana, he's not the best so he's just been my weapon caddy lol

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
So cold sotrage huh? Couldnt have asked for more from a free map, seems ok just been playing on the rubish free for all (I hate free for all) game type, wanna see what its like in a team game.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
that means you killed some one with senery. REMEMBER THE NEEDLER AND SWORD!!!!!
It was nice, my brother just held fresh swords and needlers, and i had my sensitivity up to max and straight melee'ing with the sword and we got through really quickly.

Cold Storage is pretty cool. Definitely needs a team game type.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Cold Storage unfortunately only works well for Slayer and King of the Hill. Land Grab wouldn't be terrible on it, but regular Territories would. 1 Flag CTF wouldn't work at all, as there's a teleporter right next to the flag, though, actually, you might be able to pull Multi Flag CTF off. There's teleporters that pop right into both "bases", so it doesn't seem like it'd be too unbalanced. It'd be quick as hell though. Maybe good for 2v2, or 3v3 at the most.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Cold Storage unfortunately only works well for Slayer and King of the Hill. Land Grab wouldn't be terrible on it, but regular Territories would. 1 Flag CTF wouldn't work at all, as there's a teleporter right next to the flag, though, actually, you might be able to pull Multi Flag CTF off. There's teleporters that pop right into both "bases", so it doesn't seem like it'd be too unbalanced. It'd be quick as hell though. Maybe good for 2v2, or 3v3 at the most.
What about something like a team odd ball gametype?
Teams of 4 might be okay for it. Teleporters and relative smallness of the level would promote better team work and more movement of the ball as opposed to just camping it in the corner at Guardian or spots you can only reach with grenade jumping.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Auto update 2 and the September playlist update go Live on September 16th. Here is a list of new stuff:
  • Added Epilogue – Epitaph with no Shield Doors. Added alongside default variant.
  • Added Boundless – Snowbound with reduced Shield Doors. Added alongside default variant.
  • Added Sand Tarp – Sandtrap sans Elephants, default team spawns switched in one-sided games. Added alongside default map variant.
  • Added Pit Stop – The Pit with inaccessible spawn hives. Added alongside default map variant.
  • Ghost Town – No longer appears in any asymmetrical gametype.
  • Team Slayer – Spawning configuration in default Team Slayer now includes a secondary weapon – the magnum
  • Shishka is shuffling up the existing suite of playlists, moving things around, deleting others and adding some new playlists.

Ranked Playlists

Lone Wolves
  • Player count increases from six players to 8 players.

Team Objective
  • Crazy King Hill times increased to one minute. Hill Movement set to Sequence (was Random).

Team Doubles
  • This playlist now requires ALL content (Cold Storage, Legendary and Heroic maps are being used in Team Doubles)
  • Objective Gametypes have had their appearance frequency reduced.
  • Crazy King Hill times increased to one minute. Hill Movement set to Sequence (was Random).

Ranked Big Team Battle
  • This playlist is retired.

Introducing Squad Battle
  • Squad Battle is a Ranked six on six Playlist designed to fill some of the void left by excising Ranked Big Team Battle from the Halo 3 Playlists. Squad Battle gametypes are focused on Slayer and Capture the Flag and this playlist currently requires the Heroic Map Pack.

Social Playlists

Big Team Social

Rocket Race

Multi Team
  • Rocket Race has been added to the gametypes and set with a low weighting.

DLC Playlists

Since Big Team was cut from Social, eight on eight action is reborn in the overhauled DLC playlists section of Matchmaking. DLC Slayer and Objective are both retired. These playlists require Halo 3 Downloadable Content (at least up through Legendary, but in the case of FFA, it requires all DLC) to participate.

DLC FFA
  • This is an eight-player Free For All hopper focused on DLC content. The gametypes contained herein are a mix of Slayer, Objective and Infection modes.

DLC Big Team
  • Eight on eight Social Slayer and Objective action (Gametypes from Big Team Social)
  • Focused on DLC content (Requires both Heroic and Legendary Map Packs)

Hardcore Playlists

Team SWAT
  • Objective Gametypes, SWATGuns set to skip after veto
  • Weighting on all Objective games, SWATGuns and Magnums reduced
  • Player Damage Resistance set to 150% (was 200%), players no longer spawn with grenades
  • SWAT map variants now have Carbines and grenades available to pick up.

Head to Head

Additional information on Epilogue, Boundless and Sand Tarp:

Epilogue is the Shield Door-free version of Epitaph and it has seen some tweaks and knob-turns to the weapon layout.

Boundless isn’t entirely sans Shield Doors. In both High and Low base, there are two entrances from the top middle portion of the map – those Shield doors remain. The others (at Shotgun, in the ice tunnels and out the back doors of both High and Low Base) have been removed. Like Epilogue, Boundless has its own series of weapon layout changes.

Epilogue and Boundless will not be replacing Epitaph and Snowbound in matchmaking, but rather they will exist side by side with the other maps – the focus in the short-term is to prioritize these revisions over the existing maps, so you should see Epilogue and Boundless more than Epitaph and Snowbound.

A new, Elephant-less version of Sandtrap, called Sand Tarp, will also appear in Matchmaking. In one-sided games Shishka has also flipped the attacking and defending side of the map – so instead of having to pull the flag out of the impenetrable crypt, the attacking team will spawn in the crypts and have to work their way to the downed Pelican side of the map.

Sounds great. Can't wait to try out Epilogue, Sand Tarp and Boundless. Now, how about some details on the next map pack?

And if you are confused about which Shield Doors will be remaining on Boundless, I went into Snowbound just now and took some screenshots to help you out:

Those four will be sticking around. Everything else? Gone!

smashman90

Smash Lord
Regarding the new map pack, I think it's been confirmed that Purple Reign's official name is Assembly. Also, my 360 is fixed and it was sent to my house yesterday, so I should get it back on either Saturday or Monday (maybe Tuesday). I am definitely gonna love that Squad playlist since they changed Social Slayer to 4 on 4 instead of 5 on 5. It's sad to see the BTBs go, and it is a bit sad that Rocket Race is gone. HtH, I didn't really give a rat's *** about it. I only played it twice and the people I played were d-bags after I defeated them.

Top Bottom