• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Why the **** do you hate prayer for teh refugee? other than the fact that your fingers hurt after teh chorus, i's a great song.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna list songs they hate? Don't be afraid, but I'm memorizing them just incase i see you online-

-Kool Thing
-Before I forget (I hate most songs that are all chords.. and I hate Slipknot)
-Stricken
-Mauvais Garcon
-The Fact Wii Doesn't Get DLC
-The Seeker
-Avalancha
-Take This Life
-Raining Blood (Only for the Mosh part being a ***** on sightread
Quoted and changed for my preference =P

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Songs I dislike?

"Before I Forget" - Slipknot
"When You Were Young" - The Killers
"Lay Down" - Priestess
"Miss Murder" - AFI
The new version of "Anarchy In the U.K." - Sex Pistols
"Knights of Cynodia" - Muse
"Helicopter" - Block Party
"Monsters" - Matchbook Romance
All the bonus songs except "In the Belly of a Shark" - The Gallows
"Through the Fire and Flames" - Dragonforce. Sure, it works for the concept of the game and attracts customers, but it's still awful.
EVERY COVER SONG, ESPECIALLY "La Grange" and "Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll"

Yeah, I'm glad my brother bought this game so I didn't have to waste money on easily the worst set list out of any GH game.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Chartwise? I really don't have a problem with Mosh 1, I like when a game kicks my ***

Prayer of the refugee is sucks. Oh, and online needs a random song feature. I hate people picking songs they know. Some guy kicked my *** at Can't Be Saved, yet I ***** him at a tier 5 song and something

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
What's a 6, 7, or 8 star on scorehero? I just got 19th on miss murder (for the wii), FCed it, but didn't know what the the extra stars were, so i'm only listed as a 5 star.

D

Deleted member

6,7, and 8 stars apply when you get a certain times the base score (which is the total possible score at 1.0 multiplier)... the game will not show you them, but it's nice to know just how much better than 5* you did...

Code:
|                   |   Avg. Mult.     | SH Decimal Rating |
|   In-game Rating  |   GH1  |   GH2   |   GH1   |   GH2   |
----------------------------------------------------------------
|      4-stars      |  2.0x  |  2.0x   |   4.0   |   4.0   |
|      5-stars      |  3.0x  |  2.8x   |   5.0   |   5.0   |
|      6-stars      |  4.0x  |  3.6x   |   6.0   |   6.0   |
|      7-stars      |  5.0x  |  4.4x   |   7.0   |   7.0   |
|      8-stars      |  6.0x  |  5.2x   |   8.0   |   8.0   |
|      9-stars      |  7.0x  |  6.0x   |   9.0   |   9.0   |
That's from ScoreHero, thread available here.
Extended ratings will only be shown for songs whose cutoffs have been proven...

Yeah I restarted my sightread for The Way It Ends to show my friends... middle chords are so dumb...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well the reason i only have a 5 star for both songs i've uploaded, even though one is 19th and one is 26th, because the two songs (generation rock, and miss murder) both don't have any defined cutoffs yet -_-'. Someone get on that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Erm, that's the entire point of playing online in a 1 on 1 game, you're showing off your skills, so of course you're going to pick songs you're good at. Anything other than a 1 on 1 game? Play for fun and play random things.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
GH3 is my first guitar hero game too, except when I played GHI waiting for the Wii, but that hardly counts.

I beat it on Medium after a couple of days, but Hard is...well hard.
I'm on tier 7, Knights of Cydonia is killing me. Stupid Amending Chorus and Rampaging Triplets my fingers can't keep up.

Oh, and I couldn't follow Through Fire and Flames with my eyes (couldn't even see what notes were coming), let alone try to hit them all. Anyone here who can beat that on Expert, I salute you.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
If you want to see the notes more clearly, put it on hyperspeed 5, things that looked like chords before won't.

D

Deleted member

When I play ranked matches, I pick songs I'm good at or songs that people suck at... most of the time the other person isn't good enough to give me a good challenge, so I enjoy playing their songs, unless I hate the songs...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
people love taking me to monsters and reptilia because they assume i've never played them. which was true the first time. not after the like 20th time though lol.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I just won a faceplate signed by Slash. :)

I might be putting it on Ebay, how much would you guys pay?

Volrec

Smash Lord
Sunday I went battle mode, just for laughs, those were some good times.

Oh, and why can no one play FCPREMIX? I had people fail about 20 seconds in on a hard battle.

Hey that's pretty cool GAW. There are some "\m/ >.< \m/ SLASH YEAH WOOoooo" that would pay big bux for that

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I just won a faceplate signed by Slash. :)

I might be putting it on Ebay, how much would you guys pay?
Are you Jph93 from GameFAQs?

edit: Just realized I was on the 360 GH3 board, not the Wii one, so you probably aren't. =\

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually I am. I posted it on all 4 GH forums to get an understanding of how much people would pay for it. That, and I don't know what system the faceplate is for yet.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Haha, I suppose that would be kind of weird. Well, do you guys think it's worth selling it, or should I just keep it?

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I honestly don't give a **** what's on my faceplate when I'm playing it, as long as I know that the guitar belongs to me. Just the stickers I put on it do me fine.

However, having a Slash-signed faceplate could get a ton of on-lookers and people drooling over your (presumedly) mad skills. I do love attention.

Then again, I've really strapped for cash right now, so if I could get some good money out of it, I'd sell it. Money is always nice. =)

It's really all up to you.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'd sell it, personally. Having some celebrity's name etched onto a piece of plastic doesn't mean anything to me, but to some people out there, it does. Onwards to Ebay!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm, I suppose selling it would be best. I dunno though, I better get at least 100 dollars off of it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hmm, I suppose selling it would be best. I dunno though, I better get at least 100 dollars off of it.
There are A LOT of G n' R fan boys out there, you could (and should) easily get more. Just advertise it to the right crowd and they'll be fighting like wolves.

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
I just played someone on "Through the Fire and Flames", and they hit 90% of the notes on expert. : (

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No there isn't. I would give my....well no, i really wouldn't give bodily organs for GH skillz, but still, GH is fun to play, plus it has more of a wow factor. A random guy sees you tapping the intro to TtFaF and he's like OMG MAD SKILLZ BRO. He sees you then dirllshine infinite a peach accorss FD to a usmash kill and he's like dude smashbros is fun, why aren't you playing with items?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm finally playing through on expert. I just finished bulls on parade. i fizzled on knights of cydonia on hard and i went back to 100 percent everything in medium and after i got about 3/4 of the way through that task and i cam back, finished hard, and im going through on expert.

May not sound impressive, but i suck at guitar hero. this is my success story lol.

Top Bottom