• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GUI Project

GOTM

Smash Champion
I have a Java GUI class. We use Swing if anyone needs to know. We have to define and layout a project (of our choice), by tomorrow, and then implement it in the next few upcoming weeks.

The project can be anything we want, but it has to have a good balance between functionality and GUI, since the actual class is a GUI class, but the program still has to do something useful, not just a pretty layout.

So something simple, I only have a few weeks to complete the whole thing, but something cool too. Any ideas?

Talwind

Smash Cadet
If you want something really simple you should make something like a Palindrome checker. you would just need a button and textbox and maybe some fancy labels. Input word then click button.
you can have a label become visible and tell you if the word is a palindrome or not. Then u can make some really small design choices like disabling the "checker" button when theres no text or maybe displaying a counter for the number of palindromes/nonpalindromes the user has inputted.

Idk.. :3

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Do a rough copy maker, because I need one of those and I failed at trying to make one in C++

You put in a text document and stuff, and the program removes a word here and there, messes up the spelling on some words, gets rid of a few pronouns, and messes up some formatting.

I'd love you forever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Do a rough copy maker, because I need one of those and I failed at trying to make one in C++

You put in a text document and stuff, and the program removes a word here and there, messes up the spelling on some words, gets rid of a few pronouns, and messes up some formatting.

I'd love you forever.
what would the point of that be? lol

im in the same class as gotm and im making an extension to tio
i already started coding it, its going pretty well

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the difficulty of the assignment was that it rly has to have a purpose, as a small part of the assignment is explaining why people would want to buy this program, etc

anyone want to suggest things that should be in Tio that I can put into my program?

GOTM

Smash Champion
a check box, where you can put if people are little peesha **** ******s, or little ****in peesha ****in **** ****** *******s

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol I'm pretty good at java programming. Have you guys finished the work yet? Let me know, so I can give you some suggestions

Top Bottom