• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed (??) KO setup at 110% and up

LanceStern

Smash Lord
So I'll be brief

Starting at around 110% you can short hop Fair and toss a bell.

The stun from the fair is REALLY hard to avoid. Almost guaranteed you hit the bell. Then you can fsmash them or up smash them however you want.

Shiek and other characters land on the ground. If they don't tech, the bell will stun them on the floor. Kinda hard to time it but you can running pivot upsmash them for the low % KO if a fsmash is not viable

I've been using it on for glory and at tournament friendlies. It is legit.

About the only downside is you have to be a little unsafe with spacing (i.e. next to the opponent when they are at 110% or above).

Here are some low quality video references: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmXVMwKKzlQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygrgy0nLtKc

Try it out, get easier KOs

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tested this one out and it's not bad... But why not replace the Bell with the Key?

You'd have less gambling for a kill using somewhat laggy smashes when you could throw a key for a KO instead.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The smashes hit harder and they are guaranteed. The stun last long enough for every smash attack to land.
Hoo, I see.

Possibly we could keep the Key-method for higher percents where trying to land next to the opponent via SH-Fair gets hard due knockback growth? I wanna still fiddle with that method if there's nice way to make it compliment use of the Bell in this kill setup.

EDIT: The SH-Fair -> Bell works until 145%. If you replace Bell with the Key at this point, it's quaranteed KO for next percents. Key has to be throw less "instantly" from 150% onwards. (Or you could just go for other ways to kill)

EDIT 2: Is Key good for catching tech rolls?

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Btw, I'm glad that there are still Pac-Man mains labbing for more reliable KO options (Adding more to the many that we have) instead of sitting back and whining about how we have none.

Semi rant

Last edited:

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Stutter-step FSmash people. Its important tech that PacMan definitely benefits in almost every situation with the Bell.

USmash is inconsistent. Stutter Step FSmash on the other hand is very consistent. Takes a bit of practice though.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Could you imagine if it was Rage boosted? Although too be fair, it doesn't suffer from stale moves either.
It would help our KO power a good bit. Other than that, I don't think too much would change other than optimal galaxian combo %'s changing slightly. In the end I'd rather the KO power, but w/e devs.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Ok, I didn't know the name but I know the AT thanks @ Nu~ Nu~
You can also perform a Stutter-Step FSmash off of a foxtrot.

The typical bell distance is Foxtrot -> FSmash btw. You can foxtrot all the way to the edge and then "choose" to do a FSmash or Dash Attack... as long as you are fox trotting, you have (one) more option.

Its probably best to practice foxtrots into our various options (USmash, Trampoline, Dash Attack, Grab, FSmash, Fruit, and Hydrant)

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Bonus fruits don't get rage boosts, all of them

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
Has anyone gone through and tested the KO%'s of 'Bonus Fruit' for the different weight classes? I'm out of town and away from my copy of sm4sh or else I'd go and do it myself. It would be nice to test the top/bottom character of each weight class so we can have a nice range of kill percentages for 'Bonus Fruit.' Unless someone has the time/patience to test every individual character;)

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Weight

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I went to the Lab with this. Lightweight characters around 108% and heavyweight characters 135%. I only tested when fair lauch the enemy on a position to true combo with a key. I will recommend to try the fair to key combo around 113% on lightweight and 140% on heavyweight because @ the exact % is really hard to pull off

Top Bottom