• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grounded B reverses- Possibly underused tech

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
So while messing around a while back I saw that Luigi's grounded B reverse makes him slide a decent distance. Though it is difficult I think it is quite possible to use this trick to sneakily get in some fireball damage or even a misfire. To see what it looks like watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkSF3ZK3J7w (sorry for the phone quality, it is all I have right now). I think this could let you do some crazy stuff like to (maybe) even WD through someone's shield and then do a crossup misfire. Yes, I just said crossup misfire.

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
So while messing around a while back I saw that Luigi's grounded B reverse makes him slide a decent distance. Though it is difficult I think it is quite possible to use this trick to sneakily get in some fireball damage or even a misfire. To see what it looks like watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkSF3ZK3J7w (sorry for the phone quality, it is all I have right now). I think this could let you do some crazy stuff like to (maybe) even WD through someone's shield and then do a crossup misfire. Yes, I just said crossup misfire.
*Eyes pop out from awesomeness*

I'm gonna experiment with this a lot. Particularly on spacing matchups like Marth and Zelda.

1+1=3

Smash Cadet
What would be the controller input for a grounded B-reverse Green Missile/Missfire? I can't seem to get it down

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
What would be the controller input for a grounded B-reverse Green Missile/Missfire? I can't seem to get it down
I think it's what you'd expect but the timing may be weird- if you want your b reverse to end to the right you sideB left and then immediately reverse it to the right. The reason you are messing up may not be the inputs but instead the timing, which can be weird depending on which sideB B reverse you are trying.

Top Bottom