• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gringos in Peru 2014

Sedda

Smash Champion
based on pedro miguel? pedro miguel has never been considered one of peru's best afaik. alancitu beats that guy pretty easily

that is unless you consider the usual south american "I'm/my city/country is better than you" bias

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
well the internet here is not good at all for uploading videos

I stopped taking pictures and mostly take videos now lol

I want to upload videos and pictures in chronological order so no more picture / video updates

there is no internet at the venue so streaming wouldnt be possible anyways

boom's first match in tacna was a ditto and he got 4 stocked LOL

friday gohan wants to record a lot with mariguas and boom

saturday is tournament, recording as much as possible

Last edited:

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
where's Alancitu? damn it why does this dude always flake
how did Alancitu gain the reputation of being a flake? He met and played with Isai on his visit. Went to Brazil for a tournament. Played with mariguas this week. Sounds like he's more Apple Jacks than Corn Flakes.

Flakes are people who promise to eat their hori then don't.

Last edited:

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
well the internet here is not good at all for uploading videos

I stopped taking pictures and mostly take videos now lol

I want to upload videos and pictures in chronological order so no more picture / video updates

there is no internet at the venue so streaming wouldnt be possible anyways

boom's first match in tacna was a ditto and he got 4 stocked LOL

friday gohan wants to record a lot with mariguas and boom

saturday is tournament, recording as much as possible
You should keep taking pictures and upload them all and let the videos for later when you comeback to your home. Just a suggestion.

Sedda

Smash Champion
how did Alancitu gain the reputation of being a flake? He met and played with Isai on his visit. Went to Brazil for a tournament. Played with mariguas this week. Sounds like he's more Apple Jacks than Corn Flakes.

Flakes are people who promise to eat their hori then don't.
He played with mariguas? I thought he hadn't and it was a joke lmao

edit- boom vs tavo on DL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2WoLGVA4Fo

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Take pictures and videos and poetically describe them instead of uploading.

example: girl attempts to deep throat wall mounted dido while boom is thoroughly unimpressed

Sedda

Smash Champion
1:15 - "ah... dream land es otra cosa"

get rekt
yo mixa how good is your spanish? their peruvian gibberish was hardly evenn audible

edit:
thecapitantavo
4 hours ago

los habra no se preocupen esto solo es simples amistosos para irnos conosciendo ps :) preparanse para lo q biene

LOL. my SA bias appreciation thread is going to be amazing

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
ATTENTION:

For some reason they want me to run the tournament. I dont speak spanish.

Can someone please make a translation of the rules:

STAGE:
Only stage allowed is hyrule, but players may agree to play on any other stage.

PROCEDURE:
To beat a person you must win 2 games against them. Each game has 4 lives.
For the first game, characters are chosen in secret. For the following games, the loser of the most recent game may pick their character after the winner picks theirs.

If there are 32 players or less:
There will be 4 groups of players. You play everyone in your group. The 2 people with the most wins in each group proceed to top 8 bracket. The bracket will be double elimination. (pools)
If there are more than 32 players:
There will be a seeded double elimination bracket.​

EXTRA:
If you pause at a bad time, you automatically lose a stock.

During the tournament, only tournament matches are allowed to be played on TVs. (no friendlies)

Entrance fee is 15 soles. 10 goes to prize and 5 goes to venue (liz).

2nd place gets 60%
3rd place gets 30%
4th place gets 10%
1st place gets a grand prize​
Starts at 4pm here, which is 5pm EST

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Stage/mapa:
Hyrule es el unico mapa que es legal pero jugadores pueden jugar en qualquier mapa si los dos jugadores estan de acuerdo.

Procedimiento:
Para ganarle a una persona, tienes que ganar 2 juegos. Cada juego sera de 4 vidas/stocks.
En el primer juego, los personajes/monos se escogen en secreto. En los siguiente juegos, el perdedor del juego mas reciente puede escoger un personaje/mono despues de que el ganador escoga el suyo.

Si hay 32 jugadores o menos:
Habra 4 grupos de jugadores. Jugaras con todos de tu grupo. Las 2 personas con mas victorias en cada grupo proceden en el top 8 bracket. El bracket sera doble eliminacion. (pools)

Si hay mas de 32 jugadores:
Habra un bracket preseleccionado de doble eliminacion. (Jugadores juegan con otros jugadores dependiendo de su poder)

EXTRA:

Si pausas en un mal tiempo, pierdes una vida (un stock)

Durante el torneo, solamente partidos de torneo seran permitido. (No juegos amistosos)

El precio para entrar el torneo es 15 soles. 10 va para el premio del torneo y 5 para el establecimiento/lugar.

segundo lugar agarra/gana 60% del premio total
tercer lugar agarra/gana 30% del premio total
quarto lugar agarra/gana 10% del premio total
primer lugar agarra/gana el gran premio

You're welcome.
(Some parts may sound odd/weird/unnatural because my Spanish is very informal, but at the same time formal. IDK. For example, matches would be retas, but it can also be partidos. Retas being the informal form but also the most used I guess. The Peruvians should be able to understand it all.)

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
What about the rule where if you pause then upon unpausing your opponent loses a stock, you lose two stocks instead of one

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
i dont know whats up with the sticks in peru but they all end up ghosting; everyone resets them with L+R+start in between stocks its so weird

What about the rule where if you pause then upon unpausing your opponent loses a stock, you lose two stocks instead of one
someone translate this

also translate:
In a stalemate, the person who is not in the lead must approach

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
i dont know whats up with the sticks in peru but they all end up ghosting; everyone resets them with L+R+start in between stocks its so weird

someone translate this

also translate:
In a stalemate, the person who is not in the lead must approach
- If you pause and then upon unpausing your opponent loses a stock, you lose two stocks instead of one aka if your opponent loses a stock because you paused, you forfeit two stocks instead of one:

Si tu pausas el juego y tu oponente pierde una vida/stock por ello, pierdes dos vidas/stocks en vez de una.

-In a stalemate, the person who is not in the lead must approach aka same amount of stocks, person with more % must approach:

En caso de un empate durante un juego (ejemplo: 2 vidas por cada oponente), la persona con mas % debe acercarse primero para evitar camping excesivo.

If you want to add a penatly to that last one you can just say: si ninguno de los oponentes se acerca el uno al otro en caso de un empate, la persona con mas % pierde una (1) vida/stock
translation: if neither opponent approaches for a long time (you decide how long), the person with higher % loses a stock.

You should probably ask them how they feel about that because they might be ok with camp fests, but you're the TO so idk.

Last edited:

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION:

For some reason they want me to run the tournament. I dont speak spanish.

Can someone please make a translation of the rules:

STAGE:
Only stage allowed is hyrule, but players may agree to play on any other stage.

PROCEDURE:
To beat a person you must win 2 games against them. Each game has 4 lives.
For the first game, characters are chosen in secret. For the following games, the loser of the most recent game may pick their character after the winner picks theirs.

If there are 32 players or less:
There will be 4 groups of players. You play everyone in your group. The 2 people with the most wins in each group proceed to top 8 bracket. The bracket will be double elimination. (pools)
If there are more than 32 players:
There will be a seeded double elimination bracket.

EXTRA:
If you pause at a bad time, you automatically lose a stock.

During the tournament, only tournament matches are allowed to be played on TVs. (no friendlies)

Entrance fee is 15 soles. 10 goes to prize and 5 goes to venue (liz).

2nd place gets 60%
3rd place gets 30%
4th place gets 10%
1st place gets a grand prize

Starts at 4pm here, which is 5pm EST
ESCENARIO:
Solo está permitido Hyrule, pero los jugadores pueden acordar jugar en cualquier otro escenario.

PROCEDIMIENTO:
Para derrotar a una persona, debés ganar 2 juegos contra el. Cada juego tiene 4 vidas.
Para el primer juego, los personajes son elegidos en secreto. Para los siguientes juegos, el perdedor del juego reciente, puede elegir su personaje después que el ganador haya elegido el suyo.

Si hay 32 jugadores o menos:
Habrá 4 grupo de jugadores. Jugás con todos los de tu grupo. Las 2 personas con más victorias en cada grupo pasan al grupo de los 8 mejores. Se juega con doble eliminación.

Si hay más de 32 jugadores:
Habrán series semillas de doble eliminación.

EXTRA:
Si pausás en un momento inoportuno, automáticamente perdés una vida.

Durante el torneo, solamente estarán permitidas las partidas del torneo para ser jugadas en los televisores (nada de amistosos)

El costo de la entrada es de 15 soles. 10 van para el premio y 5 para el lugar (liz)

El 2do puesto se lleva el 60%
El 3er puesto se lleva el 30%
El 4to puesto se lleva el 10%
El 1er puesto se lleva un gran premio.

Comienda a las 4pm (hora de Perú), que serían las 5pm (EST)

Top Bottom