• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grenade duration Bug [SOLVED, TL;DR: don't edit Common3.pac]

Obskore

Smash Ace
i was testing a SFX mod for kirby, and i played against him as Snake (no i didn't modify any moveset files, rels, codes, or item files) and managed to copy the grenade ability, after some uses he mode of it, he SD'd (as usual), and ever since that, snake's grenades last for 3 seconds (like Brawl) instead of 1.5 seconds, even if i'm playing a "lone player match"

i tried playing Snake vs Snake, but that didn't fix it neither, even went to training mode chose Kirby myself against snake, copied him, threw a few grenades, taunted to get rid of it, and still they last as long as brawl in "lone player matches"

i'll insert a video in a while for evidence

[EDIT:] video embedded

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
have you tried reinstalling? common3 from previous versions or edited in any way will cause snake's grenade timer to be incorrect
now that you mention it, i tried to give Toon Link's Bombs a Cell Shading effect, but i don't see what's the point if i just edited the materials and textures <.<

i'll confirm the issue as false alarm once i re-test with the restored original Common3.pac, thanks for the info

[EDIT:] the issue was Common3.pac :p, thanks for the advice

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
No problem. When we added the turbo item model and put it in common3, it moved where common3 is written to in memory. We had to update our item codes to work with its new location. Modifying common3 further will cause it to move where it is in memory and the item codes will not work

Top Bottom