• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings from Wizzkidwas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzkidwas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wizzkidwas
Hello everyone! I'm your average smasher with some decent competitive knowledge

Who do you main and why?
You'll see under my profile picture that there is nothing but Kirby, can you guess who i main? Hehe
I main Kirby since he holds the second biggest nostalgia for me, right behind Sonic (Is that the right way to phrase it?)

INCOMING STORY

SHORT VERSION

I grew with with a mega drive, that explains the sonic nostalgia, I had a wii, played mario games mostly, that wii went away, rediscovered Nintendo years later through Kirby, played Smash flash 2, mained Kirby since i thought sonic wouldn't be in a smash game, got a wii, got brawl, immediately played kirby, loved him, unlocked sonic through SSE much to my surprise but stuck with Kirby

(Long version at the end of this post)

Why did I join?

I've joined smashboards so that i can actually comment and show my appreciation for all the wonderful things this site provides, and in hopes of meeting new people from England! I know about the site since every smash fan should know about it.

Okay, what about Tournaments?
Man, if there was a tournament in my area of England, i would sign up before the TO could organise it! hehe
Basically, I would love to go to a tournament, but they're just not available....and a 14 year old can't really go to America just for a smash tournament

Controller?
SIDEWAYS WIIMOTE, HATERS GONNA HATE!!!!

Wow, going away from smash, what do you do?

Go school, come home, play games, if not smash, either Puyo Puyo, Splatoon, Kirby or Pikmin 3 and on some occasions, some Wii games i have.

Music?
Purely Video game music, yes i have no life XD I'm usually listening to the smash soundtrack, Kirby soundtrack, THE AWESOME SOUNDTRACK OF PUYO PUYO or Hooked from Splatoon and some other things

So...Any other forums you're in?
Puyo Nexus, Smash bros Google+ community, Kirby fanclub Google+ community...not much else though

Anything else?
Yes, I'm one of the lucky people who have siblings that don't suck at smash. It's my older sister who mains Ike, because, I kid you not, when he first appears in SSE, she said 'That's me' and I replied "That's not Marth" (Since I made sure I played as Meta Knight, because i love the kirby series) "That's Ike" and she replies "He's me now" and proceeded to be Ike, she says she found him easy to play, due to being a slow character (so she can keep track of him, she was playing smash for the first time back then) who just swings a sword, she also really likes the fire emblem characters. I have way more spare time than her, so i'm better than her, but she still pulls out the odd win or two. Although, back in brawl, i had a hard time dealing with Ike's sheer power, especially with a lightweight suck as Kirby, she won more than i did for that reason.
I was pretty nervous my sister wouldn't like smash, though it was pretty funny how i got her to play, she already played Wii games a lot with me, usually mario kart, anyway, I just said 'I need help on this stage' (The 2nd/3rd one, it has Kirby in it) even though i'm doing perfectly fine, and she's like 'ok' and joins, i teach her the controls (how to move, jump and attack) and the first thing she says is "Why am I Zelda?" and i just say, "Oh, it's just Kirby and Zelda right now" (In my head i was freaking out.) Fast forward a few stages and Marth, she immediately likes marth, she thinks he looks cool and everything and continues to play him while i go to Meta Knight, then Ike appears (Shortly after my sister comments on Meta Knight not being able to dodge the laser) and loves how he plays, and continues to use him whenever she can, she was also the one to find him in the Subspace levels, she got more used to how the controls worked, got the hang of recovery and how to mix up her recovery as well as avoiding being gimped.
Oh, and let it be known, SHE won our first ever match in Smash 4

That was pretty long...what about the long version of why you main Kirby?
Oh yeah, I grew up with a mega drive (genesis) in the 2000's. Cheap? Maybe, but i loved it, it also explains the sonic nostalgia, fast forward many years to when i was going to my mums car from primary, i noticed a white box with 'Wii' on it, and freaked out, get the wii setup and stuff, played mario games on it, such as Mario kart, Mario party and Mario and Sonic at the olympic games, fast forward a few years and my brother trades in the Wii (and PS2 and the majority of our Xbox 360 games, despite major protests from me and my sister) to get a PS3, but it was a blessing in disguise, fast forward past my time of playing CoD and Halo, to 2012, in which i had become interested in watching 4-player lets plays, i found WiiRikeToPray (WiiLikeToPlay now) and almost immediately subscribed, where, when watching one of their Wii Party videos, someone had made a comment complaining on some of their swearing, in which someone replied "If you want less swearing, I suggest you watch TheRunawayGuys." So, curiosity led me to search this channel and i watched their wii party LP and loved that too, i explored their other LP's and saw Kirby Adventure Wii (or Return to Dreamland, as the Americans put it). I watched it and became increasingly curious about Nintendo, all from that one Kirby LP, so i searched for the kirby series and fell in love with the games and the music, then i recall Super smash flash, a game everyone played in primary school (i've just started high school at this point) so i search for it, and realise a sequel has been released, this is where i learned to play smash bros (using a keyboard, which is similar to a wiimote) and i played Kirby, despite sonic being there, I loved how Kirby could still fly, though limited, and i liked the copy ability mechanic, so i stuck with him, i tried playing sonic, but found his play style to not work with how i played (terribly XD). Back to Kirby it was. So my mum and sister, realising how much i loved Nintendo, got me a Wii as a surprise, fast forward to my birthday later that year, i would get Wii Party and Brawl for my birthday (the only smash gameplay i've seen is a few episodes of TRG's LP) and I start with the SSE, part way into the 2nd/3rd stage (the one with Kirby) I ask my sister for 'Help' and quickly teach her the controls, after clearing a few stages with her, she tells me she likes the game, but i'm digressing, even though it was a huge surprise when I saw sonic appear just before the final boss, i never actually used him, and Sonic was one of the last characters that I could play at a decent level. But Red Kirby has been with me through thick and thin with smash, I couldn't think of having anyone different as a main!

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Welcome to Smashboards!
UQeTcY7.png

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

D

Deleted member

AGGHHHH OMG WIZZKID AHH YESSSSSSSSS
I mean, welcome!
(i'm your biggest youtube fan)

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greeting Wizzkidwas Wizzkidwas Welcome to the Boards nice to meet you friend I'm Rage enjoy your stay here and have an amazing time in the Boards.

Its wonderful to have you on Smashboards I wish you the best of luck with everything and I see you around :D

Cool Metal Knight avatar there Wizzkidwas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom