• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings everyone!

SSJ X Cloud Strife

Smash Rookie
Hi all. :)

New to the Smash boards and new to competitive Smash in general.
Little intro about myself: I've been a fighting games fan all my life and am especially a huge fan of the SF and KOF series. My Smash career is not so great as the only exposure I've had to it was casual Smash 64, but through emulation. Missed out Melee, mostly because Nintendo never had a presence in my country until the Wii. (everyone used to own a bootleg NES though, haha). And while Brawl did interest me, I never pulled to the trigger to buy both the game and console.

Fast-forward to the Smash 4, and while I had planned on getting the Wii U eventually too, Cloud Strife gets announced for Smash and it was literally the straw that broke the camel's back. (Who says 3rd party characters don't sell games? :p)

So thus, this weekend past, I picked both game and console and have been trying to absorb as much Smash knowledge and tech as I possibly can. Which has led me here. :)

My goal is to not only learn the game become part of the community, but to also introduce Smash into my own local FGC scene. So I'm counting on all of you for our help!

PS.
I don't know if I should/could be asking this here so please direct me to another thread if need be, but as an outsider coming in, the amount content out there is almost overwelming. And while I am picking up a few things here and there, if anyone could point me to a comprehensive beginners guide(written or video) for someone like me coming from another fighting game, like one that covers terminologies and training mode exercises etc., I'd really appreciate it.

Also, while awaiting Cloud's advent (heh), I've been enjoying playing Toon Link, Pikachu and Sonic. Are any of these beginner characters? As in ones that can help me get acquainted with the system? Are there any beginner characters (like Ryu is to SF) that I should concentrate on instead or are my character choices fine?

Thanks in advance.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Welcome to Smashboards!
oL8VNtu.png

PS.
I don't know if I should/could be asking this here so please direct me to another thread if need be, but as an outsider coming in, the amount content out there is almost overwelming. And while I am picking up a few things here and there, if anyone could point me to a comprehensive beginners guide(written or video) for someone like me coming from another fighting game, like one that covers terminologies and training mode exercises etc., I'd really appreciate it.
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-guide-to-becoming-a-competitive-smash-4-player.370561/

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-traps-a-primer-for-gameplay-concepts.380200/

https://www.youtube.com/user/mysmashcorner/videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Tqh9MN57X-dLX2HFjUXtWCjZLtLwUwS

I hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

SSJ X Cloud Strife

Smash Rookie
Hi There SSJ X Cloud Strife SSJ X Cloud Strife Welcome to Smashboards, enjoy your stay here and more importantly is to have Fun. :bee:

:estatic:

Good Luck with Everything and I See You Around. :b:

BTW: Nice Cloud Avatar Final Fantasy VI Boy that take me back :colorful:
Thank you! :D

I'm actually replaying FF7 for the umpteenth time while waiting for Cloud in Smash and the FF7 remake! XD

Top Bottom