• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Snake level

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
If you ever need to counterpick a light character while playing Snake, I found that taking them to Mario Kart is a great way to score some really easy kills. Snake's high knockback allows him to kill light characters at ridiculously low percentages. This strategy also works well while playing as other heavy, powerful characters like Ike and Dedede.

Just as an example, Snake can kill Falco with a Dair at around 39-45%. Even his up tilt kills at really, really low percentages. And if you catch them with any decent move anywhere near the sides, they are done for. Try it.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
It's a walk off, of course you can kill at really low levels. Mind you I love Mario Kart, it's just that there's a reason to low-percent kills here with anyone.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
A better stage that I found to play on with Snake, especially with the right camo, is PK stadium melee
I actually was near impossible to see when I was crawling around, lol and then the tilt out of no where is great or a grab is hilarious.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
It's a walk off, of course you can kill at really low levels. Mind you I love Mario Kart, it's just that there's a reason to low-percent kills here with anyone.
Small characters cant kill Snake at low percentages based on the fact that Snake is so heavy. On the other hand, Snake can kill them at ******** low percentages. Theres a big difference.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Walk offs can be a problem for Snake if your opponent is a Dedede who is capable of chaingrabbing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Frigate Orpheon. Not even close to kidding. No right ledge in the beginning great slides there. Really easy for you to edgeguard people there. I always counterpick there.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Any level with dark surfaces where Snake's mines don't stick out really bad is a good Snake level. Also levels where there's good mortar sliding room.

Eddy 650

Smash Rookie
I like Yoshi's stage. You can't see snakes mines and C4 when they are on the top platform.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm gonna say Shadow Moses. Snake is ungodly heavy, so it's difficult to KO him there. Snakes Utilt and Usmash also give some awesome vertical knockback so those are useful. And if that fails just break down the towers and send them flying. The left and right boundaries also seem to be fairly close together, so it makes it that much easier. Also, platforms are Snake's best friend in my experience. I love them anyways.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Frigate Orpheon. Not even close to kidding. No right ledge in the beginning great slides there. Really easy for you to edgeguard people there. I always counterpick there.
The sides arent too far away in that one... interesting. I'll give that one a try.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
On a side note, Snake's bair can destroy the whole wave of carts when they travel on the top platforms. Serious, try it.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
On a side note, Snake's bair can destroy the whole wave of carts when they travel on the top platforms. Serious, try it.
I thew a Pokeball up on the platforms once and a Wobuffet came up. I laughed my *** off as only one cart remained throughout the match.

Spy_Hunter

Smash Cadet
SkyLand owns. You have all the time in the world to boby trap the platforms and they have to jump AROUND them to get you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So can his up tilt from below.

Another board I would reccomend is Hanebow. You can camp on the leaf that player 1 starts on and dish out more damage than your foe can return if you play defensively and campy.
I am still going to play more single matches to prove my point.

Top Bottom