• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great possibility

scooter388

Smash Rookie
I just discovered a new use for the down throw. When you got your opponent at a suitable percentage for an up b, grab them and do a down throw. Go to where they are going to land, and if you get to the right spot, use the up-b and: instant death! I've tried it on all the different characters, and it is possible to do this to all of them (though it is harder for smaller characters), but this is only proven after a training mode session. I'm looking for feedback as to the possible quality of this combo. If this info was already posted: I apologise for repeating it. If not: :). Hope this info helps every luigi out there.
LONG LIVE THE LUIGI REGIME!

EazyP

Smash Ace
I have comboed from a throw into Up B in real matches, but it's only because they messed up on their DI, it really isn't a for sure combo since real people have better DI

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
yah,they would have to be sandbagging or having a bad day basically for this to work.

scooter388

Smash Rookie
While I realize that this is true, They still can't recover from the throw easily, and even if they DI it, you can still chase after them. I did learn a few things about it though. For some reason, it is extremly hard to pull of on C. Falcon, while it's realitivly easy to do on fox and falco..., and it's extremly convienent against peach (knocks her away at 55% before the combo), marth and sheik (knocks them away at 60%). So at least give it a shot before you give it your final decision on it if you haven't tried it out already, it could be a handy tool.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
This is too avoidable =P. Teching away, DI'ing So many things that will make sure you don't land this. I say just do the Rofl Combo :laugh:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, I dont see this as any good usee, I go for Chainthrows, resulting in an Up-B, hard, yet Powerful..... Like trying to Rest a Pichu XD

Top Bottom