• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Rapids MI, weekly tournaments at Grandlan

Which day of the week would you like to attend a weekly Smash tournament at Grandlan?

• Total voters

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

For those of you in the West MI area, Grandlan is wanting to start hosting weekly Smash Bros Melee tournaments. As a few of you may know, there is a previous post by another member about holding weeklies on Friday afternoons. There has been multiple times that these events never happened, mainly because the main organizer did not show up. I recently talked with the owner of Grandlan, and he has asked if I would reach out to the community, and find out if you guys would be interested in a weekly afternoon event on either Friday or Saturday. I would like to emphasize Melee at these events, but I am open to Project M as well. We could potentially have separate pools. Let me know what you guys think!

So if you guys have any comments or ideas, post them here! I am waiting for the current TO to respond, as nobody has heard from him recently. I will be in contact with the owner, and you can expect to see a tournament listing posted soon!

Thanks guys!

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Miridia is moving to Ohio and will no longer be able to host these tournaments. I will now be organizing tournaments for GrandLAN. I am in the process of ironing out the details, and I really need everyone's input!

Thanks guys : )

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
So is SSB a thing at these tourneys? And do you guys play on the 64 if so?
Thanks for your question,
Smash 64 is a possibility, but I only have one N64 setup, so I would need help from people attending in order to make that happen. I personally have plenty of equipment for Melee, and a few Project M setups.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, I sent an email to the owner just a moment ago asking for Saturdays. Once I get a response back, I will be posting a tournament listing. The first event will be on November 30th. Turnout is really important if we want to be able to have these events happen in the future!

Thank you everyone for your support!

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello everybody!

As promised, here is the official tournament listing! The first event at GrandLAN will be held on Saturday, November 30th. Please RSVP if you can make it!
http://smashboards.com/threads/simp...nt-november-30th-2013-grand-rapids-mi.342843/

In order to guarantee timely game play, I am providing my own setups for a Melee singles bracket. I understand there has been an interest in both Project M and N64 Smash Bros. If attendees want to bring setups for these games, they are more than welcome, and if enough people bring them, you guys could potentially have a prize pool for those games. I am only one person, and therefore I am personally focusing my resources for this particular event on SSB Melee.

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Over Christmas break Myself and my crew should be able to attend alot of these. I would recommend bi-weekly though because weekly can be very often.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
is there a facebook group for this?
There is not a facebook group for the events I host specifically, however, there is a West Michigan Smash facebook group that I post in. I have been busy with school lately so I have not personally hosted anything recently, but there is usually something going on in this group. Check them out, hope to smash with you sometime!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMISmash/

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
i host here and there. the west mi smash group on facebook. i know you are thinking "come on, its facebook" trust me it works good. i have people over here and there. and so do others. and wee have monthly tournaments in area too. weekly if you want to travel

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
yeah. tourneys are announced there. sometimes more frequently then smashboards. and when i host people its usually friendlies. but money matching adds alittle tourney fun to the mix.

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Well I've joined the group. (actually have been a member for a while now) but I don't see much going on in GR, which is a shame. What can we do to fix this?

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Hopefully more people will not be so busy over the summer and we can get something going at GrandLan.

flat man

Smash Rookie
hey im from indiana i wondering if this gonna happen friday 25th and how much

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Uhhh it's more like just friendlies but we can play on Friday if you want. I can get a few people to go.

danijam

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

For those of you in the West MI area, Grandlan is wanting to start hosting weekly Smash Bros Melee tournaments. As a few of you may know, there is a previous post by another member about holding weeklies on Friday afternoons. There has been multiple times that these events never happened, mainly because the main organizer did not show up. I recently talked with the owner of Grandlan, and he has asked if I would reach out to the community, and find out if you guys would be interested in a weekly afternoon event on either Friday or Saturday. I would like to emphasize Melee at these events, but I am open to Project M as well. We could potentially have separate pools. Let me know what you guys think!

So if you guys have any comments or ideas, post them here! I am waiting for the current TO to respond, as nobody has heard from him recently. I will be in contact with the owner, and you can expect to see a tournament listing posted soon!

Thanks guys!
Are you guys still hosting tournaments and if so what time? Are you guys playing project M?

danijam

Smash Rookie
Cant go friday but I can play anytime saturday. I could also bring a setup for project m and could bring some people to play friendlies.

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Yeah bringing people would be cool but there's only one TV to use so only one setup is necessary. I only need my setup. Although, I believe I'm heading to Flint Saturday. If I'm not, I'll let you know so we can play.:)

eyeheartlovetap

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eyeheart
3DS FC
0774-4528-2318
Yo let's get it set up :)
Just be aware it's more like frendlies and not a tournament at all in the slightest.

Top Bottom