• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
1460 elo teemo weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The flaming is more reasonable these days.

Lately I feel useless in my teams though. I am totally out of my depth at this level haha. My only strength is common sense.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Treelub (the guy who drew the Sion that Mogwai is using as his avatar) is my brother. He will be ecstatic to see you using the drawing :)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I tried out Anivia yesterday and she was pretty fun.

Lately I have been struggling between knowing when to leave mid lane and when to stay. I think my farming has improved overall where I can usually keep or outpace the solo I'm laning against. But I feel I just don't know when to use an advantage when I have one.

I know for the most part it will just take experience and game time. But does anyone have any game sense thoughts?

I feel that if I get say two mid kills I feel like I should be in a commanding lead and can start snowballing a team at that point providing the other lanes did not lose. But that's often not the case.

Just rambling but yeah.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok... Bilgewater Swain goes on sale this weekend so I think I'm picking him up. We need to do a pirate-themed team this weekend. Gangplank, Miss Fortune, Bilgewater Swain, Bilgewater Katarina and for a tank... umm... Surfer Singed!

Anyone down?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Treelub (the guy who drew the Sion that Mogwai is using as his avatar) is my brother. He will be ecstatic to see you using the drawing :)
We can't be having anyone be happy now can we? Mogwai, I suggest you change your avatar immediately, probably to a lesser picture of Sion. That'll so this Treelub fellow.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Ok... Bilgewater Swain goes on sale this weekend so I think I'm picking him up. We need to do a pirate-themed team this weekend. Gangplank, Miss Fortune, Bilgewater Swain, Bilgewater Katarina and for a tank... umm... Surfer Singed!

Anyone down?
do we have to have the bilgewater skin?
its the only kat skin i dont have x:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why do people say Kog isn't as good a carry anymore? I saw one in my last game build nothing but offense and ****. I think part of it might have been that they had a superior tank (Malphite > Amumu) and melee DPS (Trynd > Mundo, it was really bad in late game) but it still felt like Kog is still a great carry.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Guys, I just don't understand why I lose games. I'm map aware 99% of the time, I buy wards, I push lanes, and I play my role in team fights, and yet...I keep losing. It scares me because I'm now in the 1000 bracket and I know that I'm better than that :( It's just so many things...

For one, it's hard to fill the missing role when we're missing 2 or 3 of them. Then there's people who don't actually know how to play their roles in the actual game, meaning that even if I do mine right I still can't win because they don't do theirs right.

I know I'm not this bad of a player...and yet here I am. Maybe I am...ugh

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Guys, I just don't understand why I lose games. I'm map aware 99% of the time, I buy wards, I push lanes, and I play my role in team fights, and yet...I keep losing. It scares me because I'm now in the 1000 bracket and I know that I'm better than that :( It's just so many things...

For one, it's hard to fill the missing role when we're missing 2 or 3 of them. Then there's people who don't actually know how to play their roles in the actual game, meaning that even if I do mine right I still can't win because they don't do theirs right.

duo queue and mass game with a good pug carry

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Read 5HITCOMBO's thread. If you already have, do it again:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=452151

I really don't know what other advise to give you. Elo isn't perfect for a team game, but it's not bad enough that'll you'll stray more than say 100-200 Elo from where you belong unless you actively try to tank it. You need to accept that you don't understand the game as well as you think you do and try to grow off of that.

Turazrok

Smash Master

Anyone down?
Bad idea is bad.

It'd be funny though.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Cool link. I think I have a similar style of play to 5hitcombo. I readily admit my skill level is lower than others. But I have common sense.

I think the most useful thing is to stop blaming others when you lose. I went down to 900 elo at one point. I have steadily climbed to 1460 elo and I'm still rising. You need to view the situation in a constructive manner; what could you have done to prevent a bad event? Until you do so, you cannot best the opposition. Yes, you will get impossible matches sometimes. But you have more influence than you realise.

I've never jungled, I don't buy wards and I don't like to play carries. I just have good strategy. Common sense > skill.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
IMO, this is the most important quote in the entire thread:

"The best way to convince people to do things is to let them figure it out for themselves by placing all the evidence in front of them. If you ward the map well and end up acing them late in the game when baron is up, you can usually convince your team to baron with a well-placed ping. If you can't, you haven't made it obvious enough that it's the correct thing to do, OR MAYBE IT'S NOT. I go by the veto system in my games regardless of who I'm playing with. I will attempt to call the shots and if everyone agrees with me we go and do it, but if two or more people disagree I immediately let them make the decision for me. Having two people fight for dominance on a team is dumb and is worse than doing the wrong thing. If you have the whole team doing one thing, even if it's dumb, it's better than half the team doing the right thing and half the team doing the dumb thing BECAUSE AT LEAST YOU CAN WIN THE FIGHTS."

Frolossus

Smash Lord
finally discovered how to keep neutrals aggro'd to shacos jitbs
when you pull them into your boxes you need to wait for the fear to end before you start attacking

Turazrok

Smash Master
Tom can you find the larger size of the pictures?

The full ones I mean, not just the headshots.

S l o X

Smash Champion
what's a good first rune page for casters / ap damage champs? i mostly play lux morg kennen annie akali and i'd rather have a rune page for them then my AD Champs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
mapen marks health quints
mana per 5/level blues and yellows for the mana users
i disagree actually, especially for building a starting set of runes.

ideally you want cdr or ap/level on blues IMO, but flat MRes blue are hands down the best bang for your buck rune in the game. 205 apiece and at least top 3 glyph choice on every character's page IMO.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i disagree actually, especially for building a starting set of runes.

ideally you want cdr or ap/level on blues IMO, but flat MRes blue are hands down the best bang for your buck rune in the game. 205 apiece and at least top 3 glyph choice on every character's page IMO.
cdr boots more then make up for flat cdr runes

maybe its cause i play anivia i just have a mana per 5 preference

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Generic AP page choices

MPen Marks

Mana regen/Lvl Seals (for non mana user, Flat Armor/Energy/suitable replacement)

AP/Lvl Glyphs (CDR also a common option)

Flat AP/Magic Pen Quints

That kind of stuff covers casters in a broad sense. Some champs you might want a more specialized runeset, maybe more AP or more mana regen or CDR, etc etc. But you can't go wrong if you focus on AP, Magic Pen, and Scaling Mana Regen most of the time.

S l o X

Smash Champion
AD build is trickier now. You used to just do the old standard ranged DPS build of IE + LW, but now.... well, you need a new way to buff your Attack Speed. What I would do is:
d-blade
zerker greaves
IE
recurve bow
LW
Madred's Bloodrazor
Guardian Angel

but that's just a theorycrafted build
I just went this and it was pretty fun. Then I went to check Azen's recent games because I'm a stalker like that and he played AD Kennen in two ranked going: (most likely out of order)

Oh and thanks guys about the info. I've got magic pen reds so far. :/ Saving saving saving for the rest. (probably going AP / lvl blues and god knows what yellows)

Top Bottom