• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I never once saw Azen buy Rageblade.

Also, MPen works with Madred's/Wit's End/Malady/etc as far as I know. I haven't tested it myself but it would be pretty ****ing silly if it didn't.

Also, if you're counting the rest of Madred's, then it still scales upwards with Crit and Damage and Armor Pen and all the other standard ****. If you're going to count that negative, it's stupid to not count the positive aspects of it, but we're talking about the on hit proc (since you're saying it only scales upwards with attack speed and MRes reduction).
I'm nearly certain MPen does -not- work with those things. Even though I could be wrong... I thought the same rule applied to things such as Sunfire capes.

And, increasing your attack speed increases the damage your auto attack does, while increasing amount of damage your madred's bonus does. However, getting critical chance does not scale up your madreds.
So Base 100 AD + 80 damage (2000 HP). Total 180 damage. +40% Attack speed is being applied to those two things. Crit damage is increasing only the former. At the time, an auto attack is dealing 9% of their health. Increase that to 2500 HP and its 100 + 100 which is only 8% of their health, etc etc. Health is reducing the effectiveness of your total dps, either way, especially considering that 4% of the health is mitigated by magic resist.

Base damage and the AD bonus you get on madreds exists in the formula, no carry is 100% scaling. We were talking about madreds as a DPS item, right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Having Magic pen increases magical on hit damage. Teemo poision for example, if you want to test something easy. Run pen runes and Sorc Boots, compare it to 0 magic pen teemo. You'll see the poison doing more damage.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm nearly certain MPen does -not- work with those things. Even though I could be wrong... I thought the same rule applied to things such as Sunfire capes.
I would assume there is consistency between the two, and the damage formulas as I know them would apply penetration (no reason they wouldn't as far as I can tell. Penetration is consistent in that it only cares about type of damage, damage source and damage target, unlike say spell vamp which is a cluster**** of inconsistencies from what I've heard of people testing it).

And, increasing your attack speed increases the damage your auto attack does, while increasing amount of damage your madred's bonus does. However, getting critical chance does not scale up your madreds.
So Base 100 AD + 80 damage (2000 HP). Total 180 damage. +40% Attack speed is being applied to those two things. Crit damage is increasing only the former. At the time, an auto attack is dealing 9% of their health. Increase that to 2500 HP and its 100 + 100 which is only 8% of their health, etc etc. Health is reducing the effectiveness of your total dps, either way, especially considering that 4% of the health is mitigated by magic resist.
Just as Crit chance would only scale up your AD and not the Madred's proc, your opponent getting HP would only scale down the % HP done by your AD and not the Madred's proc. Again, your criteria for scaling is inconsistent and you're portraying Madred's benefits in an overly negative light when you say that it scales down vs. HP and doesn't scale up with Crit. They're very much the same on opposite sides of the coin and you're only showing the side that supports your argument.

Base damage and the AD bonus you get on madreds exists in the formula, no carry is 100% scaling. We were talking about madreds as a DPS item, right?
What formula? What 100% scaling? Yes we were talking about Madred's as a DPS item, and I said it's pretty much the most complete single DPS item we can have and then made various points poking holes in how you were portraying the item. Other items are more synergistic with each other, but if I want tanking items in 4 slots and I want 1 DPS item, Madred's and Trinity Force are basically the only reasonable options.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah. Having Magic pen increases magical on hit damage. Teemo poision for example, if you want to test something easy. Run pen runes and Sorc Boots, compare it to 0 magic pen teemo. You'll see the poison doing more damage.
Gotta love that +3 dmg

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OK so quick question

Sorc + HG + abyssal scepter is -60 Magic Resist if they are in the aura field of Abyssal scepter and get hit by me?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tested it, you were right. Does scale with regular penetration.

Some crazy thoughts have been placed in my mind, somehow, somewhere.
And I knew magic damage from champion abilities scaled with magic penetration, was just under some cooky assumption that didn't apply to item damages.

-

Madred's is a DPS item. If you say its a "complete single dps item" and bring up an example of it being used like you have, then it's an addition that scales with health, but a major portion of the damage you'll be dealing (up until pretty high healths) is being negated by health [still]. Different views of it I guess. I just kinda cringe every time I see it being used on any ranged carry.

But talking about complete DPS items.... Trinity Force is good, Cleaver is pretty nice (attack damage, armor reduction and attack speed), and funnily enough the likes of sword of the divine (attack speed, magic damage and 30 armor pen active). Oh of course you can't go wrong with Youmuu's (there's a reason its pretty popular :p) AD, Crit, Attack Speed, Movement Speed and cooldown reduction!

And I most definitely see Youmuu's on those nice bruisers who buy 4 tank items and boots more often than madred's blood razer.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno how to name search DMG anymore. The asterisk trick doesn't work anymore for 3 letter words.

I just have a **** ton of Subscriptions

like over 1300

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I dunno how to name search DMG anymore. The asterisk trick doesn't work anymore for 3 letter words.

I just have a **** ton of Subscriptions

like over 1300
I cant namesearch myself either, unless people spell out UTDZac. normally its UTD or Zac or UTD Zac.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
namesearching isn't working for posts after 3/31 for me :(

Madred's is a DPS item. If you say its a "complete single dps item" and bring up an example of it being used like you have, then it's an addition that scales with health, but a major portion of the damage you'll be dealing (up until pretty high healths) is being negated by health [still]. Different views of it I guess. I just kinda cringe every time I see it being used on any ranged carry.
look, the way you view it is fine and I don't have a problem with that, but if you consider the non-proc damage, you have to consider that that damage still scales with standard AD ****. I don't have a problem with you view that HP still is useful vs. a bloodrazor user, but I do have an issue with you saying that AND at the same time saying that having a bloodrazor only scales with Attack Speed and Magic Pen.

But talking about complete DPS items.... Trinity Force is good, Cleaver is pretty nice (attack damage, armor reduction and attack speed), and funnily enough the likes of sword of the divine (attack speed, magic damage and 30 armor pen active). Oh of course you can't go wrong with Youmuu's (there's a reason its pretty popular :p) AD, Crit, Attack Speed, Movement Speed and cooldown reduction!
Triforce and Ghostblade are the only other ones that really work as singular damage items, but both scale best when coupled with other quasi damage items like wriggle's and atma's. It's a fine distinction, but it's there.

And I most definitely see Youmuu's on those nice bruisers who buy 4 tank items and boots more often than madred's blood razer.
it's usually wriggle's -> ghostblade with a 5th slot atma's. Again, you're supplementing triforce or ghostblade to get the most out of them.

let's say I got fed on Malphite or Shen or someone like that (real tanky, decent innate burst, decent base fighting stats, but typically build straight tank) and I need to provide sustained damage to my team in order for us to win teamfights. I have 1 slot for that item. It's always gonna be Bloodrazor. Youmuu's is for the less tanky, more bursty guys who build some damage anyway.

I mean, the only guys who have a bloodrazor in their core are Teemo and WW (not even though really, it's still somewhat situational on both of them), so I'm not arguing that the item is phenomenal or ubiquitous or anything outrageous like that. I'm mostly just arguing with you for how you're portraying the item. I agree that it's mostly bad on your standard ranged carry (it has a place on TF builds, Teemo builds, Kog builds, etc but they need to be specialized for the AS build for it to make sense).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always ping those champs before they split. I didn't know anyon didn't know that.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I've had someone Ignite and Exhuast my clone as both Leblanc and Shaco. Most people are dumb.

Brand looks exactly like Frozen Nocturne...but on fire. Way to be original Riot.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Found a pretty cool third party tool. It changes the recommended items to whatever you want for any champ you want. Let's me pick my starting items with Teemo a lot faster so I can get somewhere and stealth up :)

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=178173

Pretty simple to setup & use and it works with new patches.

Screenshot: http://gyazo.com/48b27ec811549bfdd952e525de41a5b9.png
I'm really loving this!
This is going to save those annoying few seconds spent searching through menus.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Katarina builds? Fro I'm lookin at you
always open dshield spec 9/21/0
i prefer cdr boots cause having max cdr = 30 second cd death lotus = 2 kills/assists and you do it again
rylais and banshees are core
late game get void staff and deathcap
last item can be offensive or defensive depending on the situation

stay away from gunblade

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
@fro & Vox, awesome games this mornig 4/0. The game where they were all ap was brutal at first but once I hit 298 mr without defensive ball curll on (nearly 500 with) it was gg.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
New Lee Sin gets hotfixed for being too good.

Calling it now.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't think it'll make Lee Sin OP at all, honestly. Probably still a little lackluster compared to top tier, but in LoL that just means you're actually balanced.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@fro & Vox, awesome games this mornig 4/0. The game where they were all ap was brutal at first but once I hit 298 mr without defensive ball curll on (nearly 500 with) it was gg.
Ditto; I much preferred playing with you guys than doing the Astronomy assignment I had due at 4:30 :chuckle: (Still got it done anyways)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Arrow + teleport + 4 seconds of wailing on opposing carry = lololololololololololol
So you teleport and then attack during it? Implying that there's some kind of invincibility/shield?

Sorry, I'm a scrub at this game so Idk how all of this works...and my friend told me that it doesn't work like that so Idk if he knew what he was talking about or not.

Also, is Ashe good? I mean, I know she is, and I've rocked with her the few games that I played LoL, but every time I bring her up when we're talking about LoL, they're like, "noob character" and "strong, but a carry for novice, so pick others when you get more experience," or "I've never seen a truly good Ashe."

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Shoot the ulti from base > teleport on to where it lands > pick up free kill > laugh

Ashe is one of the best ad carries in the game. People who don't think so don't know what they are talking about. She needs a bit of farming to get going, but has an amazing toolkit. Harass spell, endless slow, amazing stun for team initiates and a move that provides vision.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
So you teleport and then attack during it? Implying that there's some kind of invincibility/shield?

Sorry, I'm a scrub at this game so Idk how all of this works...and my friend told me that it doesn't work like that so Idk if he knew what he was talking about or not.

Also, is Ashe good? I mean, I know she is, and I've rocked with her the few games that I played LoL, but every time I bring her up when we're talking about LoL, they're like, "noob character" and "strong, but a carry for novice, so pick others when you get more experience," or "I've never seen a truly good Ashe."
shes pretty much insanely strong but she really requires a ton of coordination to be made useful

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I feel like I'm crazy because literally nobody prioritizes Ashe like I do.
I always go R>W>E>Q on her, and it seems like R>W>Q>E is almost universally accepted.

Is my justification really that off or something?
Q's slow at rank 1 is 15%, and I find that to be almost always enough, especially combined with Volley to pin anybody down except characters who are able to get away regardless of slows. E gets some crazy range as you rank it up and I find that increased vision of the map to be so much more useful then an increase in your auto attack's slow. I don't even do it for the extra gold, which is just an added bonus.

Top Bottom