• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Clever

Smash Journeyman
What's up, got bored and figured i stop by. This is CleverAdvisor (maybe see my stream?!). If u guys play inhouses i wouldnt mind playin in a couple, I get bored a lot lol. Send me PM for friend add, i usually decline all my friend request because like 15 a day o_o;;

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
anybody heard of dexirian/samitat on yt. i think he's a pretty good player. seems to know a fair amount about the game.

anyways, what do u guys think about gragas?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's up, got bored and figured i stop by. This is CleverAdvisor (maybe see my stream?!). If u guys play inhouses i wouldnt mind playin in a couple, I get bored a lot lol. Send me PM for friend add, i usually decline all my friend request because like 15 a day o_o;;
Clever plays smash? I watch you stream all the time, dude. lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Sup clever. We play inhouses quite often. I was actually watching your stream today for the first time. Enjoyed it. I'll let you send the friend invite "UTDZac"

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's what happens when you make yourself e-popular :p

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
well, I'm not saying it's a conscious decision, I'm more musing that it's an incredibly curious phenomenon with you. I mean, it seems like your enjoyment of this game derives from variety and experimentation, both of which should theoretically be obtainable through diversifying your character selection beyond 2, yet you claim that all you really want to do is experiment around with GP and Grag. It just seems odd is all.

And to be completely honest, I can't imagine that your suggestions would really keep you in the game. I mean, I know you talk about experimenting with builds and stuff, but at the end of the day, there are just going to be certain optimal ways to play each champion. Like, would a mastery setup that suddenly made AP Pirate viable REALLY do anything to change the way you think about the game or the enjoyment you could derive from it?
It definitely is true that much of my enjoyment comes from experimentation and (to an extent) optimization, but I just enjoy doing that on the champions that have the full kit of abilities that I enjoy. Other champions have one or two aspects I may enjoy, but when it comes down to it, Grag/GP are the only 2 in the game that have everything I look for. Strangely enough, I'm not alone in this. Another Gragas main, A077, also seconds Pirate and plays those two exclusively... and we both played pre-nerf Galio too. Weird, eh?

Also, I completely disagree that there are optimal builds for every champion. Some champs may have 1 build that is by far and beyond their best build, but many champions (or perhaps just the ones I play) require you to look at the opposing team and choose your skill order, item order, and overall build accordingly for whatever role you're trying to play. For example, I actually have a fun (and potentially viable) Supportplank build for side lanes, but the aura items I buy are different according to what the team can use best which is dependent on not only our team comp but the opposition's team comp as well.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Btw, not sure if I posted this thread in here, but it kinda sums up how I feel about LoL right now: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=490399

Honestly, I just don't have another game to turn to atm, so I have no reason to quit LoL right now. But unless they finally make things more interesting before something worthy is released I can't imagine playing this game for too much longer.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/tencent-takes-further-investment-riot-games

Good news?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I watch your stream quite often. I'd like to play sometime. My lol name is ChewbaccaSauce.

so..... much....... MAGIC RESIST
i lol'd.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh man, we just got stuck w/ the worst Karma player I've ever seen... and he was apparently 1600 elo. How does that happen? Like... I don't understand how some people w/ little to no semblance of good gameplay can make it that high, haha.

To top it off, after feeding 5 times early and while our team is losing he decides to grab a Mejai's.

Dekar173

Justice Man
To top it off, after feeding 5 times early and while our team is losing he decides to grab a Mejai's.
Now THAT is just downright bad.

In the lead? Mejai's can be good. Are you an amazing burst/guaranteed to rack up some kills in fights? Mejai's.

Are you feeding and bad/don't have "dat" burst? Opt for something else, cocksmurf.

Then again, not everyone has a message board they go to that has a bunch of people more than willing to post up builds/critique builds on their free time <.<

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh man, we just got stuck w/ the worst Karma player I've ever seen... and he was apparently 1600 elo. How does that happen? Like... I don't understand how some people w/ little to no semblance of good gameplay can make it that high, haha.

I think there's still going to be quite a few bad Karma's around while people are still figuring out that she shouldn't be played as an AP burst carry instead of a more supporting role.
A lot of people are so bad at video games and logic that it isn't common sense :/

In more happy news, I'm 5th for 3s now woot :O
Wow, congratulations. Now I actually know someone on League's homepage ^_^

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
riot should release another vlad so i can go on the forums and not read anivia QQ for a week or two
What are you talking about? Anivia is pretty ridiculous. She has extremely large range with a ton of CC and anti positioning/trapping. Double damage from being chilled lets her be able to build sustainability earlier on instead of having to focus on AP right off the bat to do damage. 2 of her main weaknesses: mana reliant and needing aim to string longer combos together, are covered up through Golem/items and having a team around.

She's too good at varying team aspects. She does a ton of damage, can support well and save people, she can do a ton of burst 1 v 1 and do respectable damage to a group of 5 with her Ult and Q. The other team doesn't want to bunch up and have everyone eat up the Ult damage/get slowed, while at the same time having a looser formation can be deadly if you trap a guy or two with the wall.

On top of it all, even if you insta focus her down in the fight, you have to deal with her team while your spells are on CD from trying to beat her to a pulp.

If you look at the character completely alone, she doesn't look too ********. But when you can negate her flaws through having a competent team, and her strengths shine even brighter with others around to benefit, then she starts looking completely baffling as a champ.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Corki is really good. People are dumb.

He doesn't bring that much CC to the team, though, so if you need more hard CC you're better off choosing Ashe.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? Anivia is pretty ridiculous. She has extremely large range with a ton of CC and anti positioning/trapping. Double damage from being chilled lets her be able to build sustainability earlier on instead of having to focus on AP right off the bat to do damage. 2 of her main weaknesses: mana reliant and needing aim to string longer combos together, are covered up through Golem/items and having a team around.

She's too good at varying team aspects. She does a ton of damage, can support well and save people, she can do a ton of burst 1 v 1 and do respectable damage to a group of 5 with her Ult and Q. The other team doesn't want to bunch up and have everyone eat up the Ult damage/get slowed, while at the same time having a looser formation can be deadly if you trap a guy or two with the wall.

On top of it all, even if you insta focus her down in the fight, you have to deal with her team while your spells are on CD from trying to beat her to a pulp.

If you look at the character completely alone, she doesn't look too ********. But when you can negate her flaws through having a competent team, and her strengths shine even brighter with others around to benefit, then she starts looking completely baffling as a champ.
she is one of the easiest champs to counter pick in the game
also you can use the same arguments for annie
you don't want to stay too close together or you get a bear dropped on you and will be hit by the aura
you don't want to seperate or you will get hit by her Q and picked off, she has insane burst 1v1 and AoE she is very good at supporting other champs late game and she has damage reduction

Top Bottom