• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia 2 - Game Over & Who won?!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
probably never!

he's having too much fun with the sillies.

Serious mode: If I am lynched, which is probably going to happen, (and yes I will flip town) check out the people who lynched the easy target please :D

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot to add, people should answer the questions :D

If you really want me to answer some questions before I'm lynched, ask away!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I don't think Summoner is scum. His "in your face" attitude with his long post is something I've only seen from townies. Not necessarily good townies, but usually silly or frustrated ones. I know I've wanted to make similar posts on other games. Also, this doesn't fit his scum play from Popcorn. I know that's meta, but that's what I have to work with.

I'm not willing to vote on KeeKee because I get strong town reads from him too. Given some evidence, I think I am willing to consider a vote on anyone else. Since we don't have a deadline looming over us any more, we don't have to rush, right?

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Hey Summoner let's look at the current deadline.

ZV said:
April 5, 2010 11:59AM EST
Cool let's look at that post where you were all hey guys I'm not a ****ing ******** obvscum I'm a ****ing ******** obvtown lol ur dum.

Summoner said:
Fresh update!

Summoner was actually jut tunnelling a random person for reactions. Who would have thought?!?

He's going back to make a proper post :OOOOOO

such amazing news! Let's not lynch him anymore :D
Oh wait this is just a filler post.

My bad let's look at the timestamp on that post.

The Grand said:
Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Yesterday being April the 4th. So, the story as you tell it is that you decided to play a gambit, aggressively avoid all lines of discussion directed toward or relevant to you or things you were saying, including reactions, and you played this gambit until...

...Just over 24 hours before deadline?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Oh, wait. Let's look at when that post was actually delivered!

SWF said:
Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Alright, so let me make sure I have this straight. You could have made a "real" post -- and you've acknowledge prior posts as 'not real' via your own words -- this entire time. And you elect not to do so until a scant day before deadline, when you are, and have been for a very long time, the strongest lynch? Signs were pointing to you long before you decided to stop being an idiot, pal.

Oh, wait. Did you?

Let's look at your post. You don't get pretty Halloween colors.

Scummoner said:
Tando said:
I figured Hando is town so there was no real need for a serious question for him. So I threw in a completely silly question. From my limited experience with RQS, I've noticed not all answers need to be same level of inquisitive. As previously stated, I like my mafia games best when I just have fun with them.
Why ask him a question at all?
Only ask good questions :D Fun!
*snip*
Well, here's essentially the only point you actually seemed to conjure up wholly through what was contained in your snippet... but it's also, you know, blatantly parroted from several players. Yep, including us.

We've waited this long for you to start saying things of substance and you bring nothing original to the table with your very first point in your very first post of [what you call] substance. Uh, yeah. Gross. Icky. Scummy, even!

Ugh, I can see that quoting everything you said is going to be a pain in the ass. So, I'm just going to point out that the vast majority of your "points" from here onward are: Interesting! No, really! Is that bad or good? Any more thoughts about it? What was your intention behind posting this? What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?

This may -- may -- be followed by the vaguest thing that actually specifically relates to the snippet you quoted. But it barely registers enough to convince me you even read the ****ing thing you quoted and aren't just quoting and copy and pasting things at random. However, that doesn't make it any less clear that you just haphazardly slapped this **** together at the last minute.

The other problem I have with this, of course, is that in many cases of what you've quoted, your "questions" have already been answered, or already asked by someone else, and the rest is so generic you'd think it was taken out of a mafia playbook.

So now that I've picked that bone, I'll glaze lightly over what you did, snippet by snippet and player by player.

Kataefi said:
Prodded for elaboration. Already done by several players.
Kevmo said:
Prodded for activity, laziness, etc. Already done by Marc, possibly others.
Then this:

Cello Asking a Direct Question said:
@Summoner: What do you think about Tandora's supposedly random questions? Her last post implied that she specifically chose her questions for each person, as compared to just writing a bunch of questions and randomly assigning them as filler. Why do you think she chose a question for Marc that he would have no idea how to answer? Why do you think KEEKEE is trying to create a link to Tanny so early on? What do you think about Kevin's willingness to let Tanny get lynched?
Wow that's a lot of stuff. What do you have to say?

Scummoner said:
No opinion! None whatsoever! It doesn't even interest me at all!
Oh. Okay then. "Summoner here's a bunch of pointed questions". "I have absolutely no opinion whatsoever."

But, wait, hey! Didn't you prod Tando earlier? So then why were you prodding Tando -- about things and with points parroted from other players -- if you have "no opinion whatsoever" on what was just asked of you?

This looks blatantly scummy to me. Scum has to fake scumhunting, so if you were to just go through the thread retreading old ground, a mafiat is likely to trip up and become inconsistent in a long post. And you already have. You've prodded someone on something about which you have "no opinion! None whatsoever!"

Curious. Oh, no. My bad. I meant scummy.

Moving on...

Kataefi said:
More prodding Kat. I don't think anyone actually bothered with this, but then again, most of your questioning was already self-evident in what you quoted. As often happens in your post, making it look even more random and desperately slapped together.
Oh, now you talk to us. Fun!

Scummoner said:
KEEKEE said:
No, it implies only that I know you've played at least one game. I expect rationally-minded people to realize that town reads offered for no reason are stupid and bad play very quickly. Which you have not. 1. Interesting! 2. No, really! 3. Is that bad or good? 4. Any more thoughts about it? 5. What was your intention behind posting this? 6. What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?
1. I know, right? Got anything of substance to say?

2. I know, right? Got anything of substance to say?

3. So yeah, it's pretty obviously a bad thing. Pretty sure I used the words "stupid" and "bad play" in there. Literally in exactly what you quoted. Do you have absolutely no reading comprehension skills whatsoever, or are you just randomly attaching your little Post-It note of a fake-scumhunting attempt to anything that even vaguely seems to fit it, so you can pretend you're useful?

Because methinks the latter.

4. Nope, my point was his terrible play was putting me in a dumb-or-scum vacuum. Again, this was pretty self-evident.

5. Thanks for the generic question! My objective was... to point out a terrible play... that was putting me in a dumb-or-scum vacuum.

6. Depending on Cello's allignment, it would:

(a) Point out his bad and suspicious play so he could can the crap and play better, if town.

(b) Point out his bad and suspicious play so both the particular play and the player himself could be evaluated by other townies, who may have missed this intricacy while initially perusing the thread, which is how you play mafia. You are certainly doing it wrong.

Jesus ****ing Christ, I didn't realize what an utterly generic pile of crap that post is until biting down to answer the questions. I feel like I'm writing a textbook on how to play mafia. And how to read, for that matter.

...and I have two more snippets just in that one quote to go through.

Scummoner said:
KEEKEE said:
Actually, the rest of my post boiled down to dumb or scum, which is an important question to ask when you think people are playing in a haphazard or plain ol' crappy manner. Especially when the way someone types their posts implies more intelligence than their points are conveying. Then I get suspicious. 1. Interesting! 2. No, really! 3. Is that bad or good? 4. Any more thoughts about it? 5. What was your intention behind posting this? 6. What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?

3. ...this snippet wasn't even a point about a player. It was a requested elaboration on an earlier point.

Jesus there is no way anyone could be this stupid that they write this drivel from a town POV.

4. Uh, no. Considering it was, in itself, an elaboration.

5. Elaborating on a misunderstood point.

6. Elaborate on my misunderstood point.

One more, God help me. Give me the strength to finish this post without tearing out my eyeballs.

Scummoner said:
KEEKEE said:
I'm pretty into the game, I'd say. Lucky for you, I've seen plenty of townies try to discredit a post in a single line Jedi-style, so I won't hold it against you. I'll just cackle to myself and continue playing D-or-S with you. 1. Interesting! 2. No, really! 3. Is that bad or good? 4. Any more thoughts about it? 5. What was your intention behind posting this? 6. What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?

3. This snippet had literally nothing at all to do with good or bad. I ripped up his limp notion that I wasn't playing the game, then noted that I won't take it as scummy because I've seen townies do it before. It was pretty clear in my wording that what I was saying and responding to had in no way changed my opinion.

So yeah, reading comprehension and all that noise. Got any? No? Didn't think so.

4. There's barely anything there to begin with, and it was a response to an offhand remark in the first place, so no.

5. Disagreeing with a point and calling it null in my read of the player. Obviously?

6. I freely admit that this advanced nothing. And it wasn't intended to, nor did I masquerade it as doing so (unlike you with this post!) I suppose it helped town in stinting anyone who may jump to conclusions on this nulltell out of lack of experience/ignorance.

Ugh. My head.

Moving on...

Kataefi said:
Scummoner finally stops with the copypasting to offer a few parroted thoughts, and then goes right back to the copypasting and it's just as dumb as ever

Oh hey, now you finally answer our lingering questions.

...right?

son of a

KEEKEE said:
Summoner have you played with Cello before? If so what's your read on his general playstyle?
Scummoner said:
Yes. No comment!
Well, that was illuminating.

...what's that, schizophrenic sidekick? It wasn't illuminating? He's still dodging our questions!?

Well gadzooks sarge! That's not townie-ish! That's not townie-ish at all!

...but that could only mean...

Oh, phew! He answers us here! ...right?

KEEKEE said:
How is that a read on his general playstyle. That's basically the opposite of what I asked. also I you didn't say if you've played with him before.
Yes! Surely he must, called out so completely on his horse**** post!

Scummoner said:
There! That put me at ease.

Hey, wait a minute. That's not an answer.

That's not an answer at all!

Aaaand moving on, thoroughly unenlightened and thoroughly incensed...

Hando said:
Yet another copypaste, this one making almost no sense whatsoever in the context of what it was replying to. Which can be said for pretty much every single reply, but you know. Worse so in this case.
Oh, wait. What happened to only asking good questions? One of the few things you actually said sans copypaste in that post?

Man! It's almost like he blindly parroted it before, and is inconsistently contradicting himself now!

Cello said:
And another copypaste, see above, etc etc ad nauseum.

Wait. What's this!? An actual answer to a question!?
Cello said:
@Summoner: Whatever it is you're doing, stop. Also, willing to vote Kat with you if you give me bus credit. Deal? Also, please actually answer what I've asked.
Okay! Let's check out that response.

Scummoner said:
NAH MAN NAH

You saw it here first, folks. The man has discovered a way to answer one question and dodge another in the same sentence while managing to say nothing of substance in the process!

Wowzers!

Okay time to--- **** there's some left.

Oh god and it's to us again.

Scummoner said:
KEEKEE said:
did DG meta suddenly become "play as scummy as possible" and no one told me? cello and summoner are making my head hurt1. Interesting! 2. No, really! 3. Is that bad or good? 4. Any more thoughts about it? 5. What was your intention behind posting this? 6. What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?

3. Because playing as scummy as possible is sometimes a good thing. Derp derp da diddly derp stop skimming START READING.

4. You're playing poorly and it induces migraines. That's more of a restatement, but hey. Obviously you didn't read it the first time so it's all good.

5. See above. Informing people of that.

6. See above.

Ooooh look! A response that isn't copypaste! Those have been consistently illuminating, productive, and valuable. Oh, wait. No they haven't, but hey. I've stuck to the trenches this long. Might as well tough it out a bit longer.

Scummoner said:
Kat said:
-blehblehbleh-
_

@summoner: the comment that apparently links myself and Cello isn't credible imo! Where is any good analysis on this? Your current one is just selectively perceptive based on your current 'tunnel' of Cello. You aren't credible imo!

...wait hold on.

Okay give me a second.

Alright, I think I wrapped my head around it. Your point to a rebuttal was... the equivalent of a "your face [insert paraphrase of rebuttal]".

Wow.

Alright, let me look back on all that.

0. Summoner literally refuses to answer any question directed at him or make any post resembling something containing substance.

1. Summoner made us wait until the night before deadline day for his "real" post, which was clearly just a bunch of random bisections chopped out of the thread.

2. To these clearly random selections, he affixes a canned response which, far more often than not, didn't even make sense in the context of what it was questioning.

3. Occasional jabs on the level of middle school playground arguing peppered in here and there, intended to pass as actual original thought.

4. What few statements actually make some sense are parroted from various other players.

5. Even giving his poor (to be polite) questioning an A for effort, it also is the kind of stuff you need to ask at the start of a Day. Or game. If at all.

5. (b) And we only managed to rip this fluffy crap out of him by making him our lynch candidate the night before deadline. Wow. Trés protown, oui oui?

6. He managed to say all of that while still dodging questions asked of him earlier.

7. He managed to say all of that while making no actual case.

7. (b) He managed to say all of that while pointing to no suspects or fresh strings of conversation.

8. He managed to, in other words, do the exact same thing he has been doing from the beginning of the game: Dodge questions, tunnel, and be stupid.

If I seemed meaner than usual, it's because this actually managed to pass the threshold I have not seen since WWYP3 -- a jumble of words so thoughtlessly put together, such complete and utter crap, that I actually become genuinely resentful of the person for making me waste so much of my time telling them why it was so. And oh my god. Was it ever so.

So, do all those dots connect to a townie? I sure as hell don't think so.

Here's what I really think Summoner did: He tried a gambit of portraying himself as a player of the caliber that he can read any player like a textbook in bifocal print. Think about it. Think about all the time of ours Summoner wasted by doing this, and all the meaty conversation he avoided by posting the same crap over and over again.

He tried to be obtuse, allowing him to hide behind a crap playstyle, and now it has backfired, and he's flailing about, trying to portray it as some grand "master plan". Guess what, Scummoner? If you were actually fishing for reactions, maybe you should have collected them and posted about them before the penultimate night of deadline?

Oh wait.

You didn't point to these reactions which you were supposedly testing for. Not a single one.

Hmm! That doesn't look inconsistent, or like a blatant lie, or anything else! Certainly not an idiot being scum!

Alright Scummoner, here's a line of questioning for you. For that ENTIRE post. It might look kinda familiar!

Interesting! No, really! Is that bad or good? Any more thoughts about it? What was your intention behind posting this? What did you think it would do to help town as a whole?

Vote is parked and please die quickly and stop wasting my time.

Rghggh.

Rgh.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Bad! None! Reactions! Reactions!

:D

I liked you post KEEKEE, please continue :D
It sounds like it hurt though.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I completely agree with all points except the ones where I'm scum!

You're going to have an aneurysm when I flip town ohoho~

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
What happened!
I decided to try something new, it got out of hand and now I'm going to look like a **** either way, so I'm going to go out in the way that takes least efort and still look like a **** :D

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I was about to post this three days ago, then Smashboards died on me and didn't come back till this morning. Good thing I make a habit of saving long Mafia posts in a document file before I post them:

Cello: I'm judging you based on the trainwreck that was your playing style in NSM. It might be because of the experience I now have with you, but you seem to put in more effort to attack other people to the point where your logic is easier to follow. Note that I still think you're all over the place and not very convincing.

Obviously, I'm not Handorin's or your partner. Neither Summoner nor Tandora would have asked me to change (Summoner's Nothing Special mafia log and Tandora's personality show that). Kevin wouldn't tell me what to do or how to play (I've asked, before). KEEKEE wouldn't/doesn't know about Nothing Special, as the flow of our conversation would not have gone to how "random" I was in my last game. That leaves Kat and Marshy. Tell me that you think one of them is my partner, and why. You want to vote for me, after all, and there's no way in hell that it's pressure-based.
This comes dangerously close to muddying your trail. While I'm obviously looking for pairs, it's premature to rule most people out.

Also, why'd you say ":confused: Calm the **** down." when KEEKEE just told you to stop double-talking? It was really disconcerting. Also, "just making conversation to appear active?"
The :confused: was because I didn't know what the word meant, nor do I understand what he meant after looking it up. The "calm down" bit was because he seemed overly aggressive, we don't need a KevinM knockoff (unless KevinM continues to be this quiet).

Since I won't be able to be on SWF long in the next day or so...

Unvote
Vote: Cello

Happy Easter, everyone.

^This should also answer Starshy's question. I can settle for Cello. Summoner gives me completely different vibes from last game where I saw through him being scum on Day 1. Can someone change his playing style this drastically? It seems to me he might very well be restricted in some way. The same might go for KEEKEE actually. =/

Did you just join this game without the intention of playing it?
Oh, the irony. >_> Start posting more, because now you're one of those players who no one has a read on because they're borderline inactive. You're also the easiest target for Mafia ever if you aren't scum yourself because you'll leave nothing.

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Marc why do you keep suggesting that there are nonexistent roles or restrictions when this is an open game? Also, equivocate: "to avoid committing oneself in what one says". You said something like "I don't think KEEKEE should be lynched over doing A but by the way this other thing B he did bothers me!"

Kevin/Starshy, re: Summoner: do you think he's the "easy lynch" like he claims? Also Kev did you read up like you said you were going to?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for ???.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 5:
Cello_Marl: SummonerAU, KevinM, Handorin, Marc (
)
Handorin: (0)
Kataefi: Tandora (
)
KEEKEE: (0)
KevinM: (0)
Marc: Cello_Marl (
)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: §tarshy, KEEKEE, Kataefi (
)
Tandora: (0)
Not Voting: (0)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KeeKee said:
Kevin/Starshy, re: Summoner: do you think he's the "easy lynch" like he claims? Also Kev did you read up like you said you were going to?[/b]

Doing it when I get home from class actually :D

Tandora

Smash Rookie
You're still scum though Cello.
Summoner, can you give me a good post on why you think Cello is scum? He's at L-1 right now so if you convince me, then I'll vote for him. If your response is as silly as your recent batch, I'm voting for you because you'll have proven to be dead weight.

The power is in your hands. =D

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Marc said:
Tanny said:

Good point. I should have thought that through a little better. ^_^;;;

If you were one of the Jackson Five, which one would you be?
I really don't know much about anyone other than Michael, so... Michael? >_>
Why did Marc even bother to answer this question? To not stand out?

He's kept saying that I'd been "calmer and less random", but he refused to explain what he meant by that, or even when/how he started to believe it. Yet, he recently just changed his mind on that detail. This is especially important since it's the cornerstone of why he's voting for me. If I'm just as footloose as I was then, then isn't his reason void? It's just null. But his vote is still on me. And if it's because I'm footloose, then why the heck isn't his vote on Summoner?

He won't go into further detail about his accusation that I just made up my whole "Starshy is just Marshy" belief to "appear active", despite being asked about it. He doesn't explain why he didn't intervene between KEEKEE and me, and if that was intentional, he doesn't tell us why he did it or the fruit of his observations. He's just gone off on his own tangents about possibilities which aren't even possible since this is an open set-up (like the double voter and posting restrictions). In a way, it's like he's managed to play this game even less than Kevin or Summoner.

@Marc: Let's just say that it's obvious I'm not Hando or your partner then. That should be evident enough. Talk about everyone else then. You said my words were "dangerously close to muddying my trail". Then, you must have something in mind, a theory, an idea. What is it that set you off in my post? Who did you have in mind for a pair with me, even if it's multiple people? What do you think I'm trying to obscure, or were you just talking to appear active?

@Summoner: Replace out.

@Kevin: If you read this before you finish your post, then open up all four pages so you can read them and make your post in Notepad or something if you get an error again. Then you can copy-post it.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Summoner, can you give me a good post on why you think Cello is scum? He's at L-1 right now so if you convince me, then I'll vote for him. If your response is as silly as your recent batch, I'm voting for you because you'll have proven to be dead weight.

That's silly, make up your own mind on who should be lynched. I think it was pretty clear I was just being annoying at that point. If the power is indeed in my hands, you're telling me that you're going to hammer Cello just because I gave you a reason to? I don't even know why I'm not even dead at this point. I'm very confused as to why my opinion (at this point) would be worth even listening to at this point in time. Actually, we don't even have a deadline as of yet, so why should we be wanting to finish the day?

Thanks for tearing me a new arsehole KEEKEE, I deserved it for being like that. I really did enjoy reading it as most of it was true! Except for the parts where I'm scum and such. Minor details. I'm pretty much okay with being today's lynch if the deadline is set again. Until then, let's 'pretend' that I'm town.

Cello said:
@Summoner: You're grating on my last nerve. If lynching you would affect my opinions in the slightest, I'd have jumped on you in an instant.
Pretty clear you were either really mad or wanting a reason to vote someone when you eventually did vote me. I'll assume mad, why were you so mad Cello? Being called scum for no reason or me being stupid(pretty much the same thing)? Am I scum? I also refuse to replace out, what I've done is done and I won't be able to change it, but replacing out us just running away from it to me. Regardless of how much pie is on my face, I'm going to stick to this until I die.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Marc why do you keep suggesting that there are nonexistent roles or restrictions when this is an open game? Also, equivocate: "to avoid committing oneself in what one says". You said something like "I don't think KEEKEE should be lynched over doing A but by the way this other thing B he did bothers me!"
And where did I say you should be lynched over B? *_* I just don't votehop every other post and was semi-away for a while. I don't suggest there are nonexistent roles (when I discussed them I gave you a response in general as I assumed your question was on a meta level), but I did forget post restrictions aren't possible because the full PMs were actually posted (I memorized all roles and forgot about the PMs). That just makes Summoner a random tool and your early game overly aggressive. I do apologize for this particular slip, I've become too used to closed setups. It doesn't change my perception of the game much though.

Cello: I don't feel I owe you more answers than I've been giving you. Your early posts seemed more structured and less random than in NSM. After that you started badgering Starshy for a pretty irrelevant reason and were quick to vote for me when the pressure started to build up, even attempting to get Summoner to vote with you. You also keep asking me to play my entire hand and are so overly defensive on every little stab I've made it isn't even funny. As for why I'm not voting Summoner, his style is too different from NSM. I might very well be wrong about you, but you seem scummier with every post.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ouch summoner why did you have to end that long post with one of mine?! :mad: that's a bit of a quote dump... who are you now finding suspicious exactly? I still think a me/cello link is not.........credible imo! har har

unvote vote Tanny because this is good extended time to draw out some info!

I want to accuse tandora the explorer for nothing but safety, perfect alibis and major inconsistencies! o the scandal! I'm working chronologically backwards so this makes my post infinitely more exciting - let's have a look:

you're using summoner here as the platform to which you can jump on and vote safely - I don't like how he's the decider and also cover to your vote. Circumstances show you cannot use the excuse of deadline pressure, which makes this weirder to me, because your post is after Xiv the mod declared an extension.

So now couple this with your last post...

...and you have inconsistency numero uno! Specifically:

I don't think Summoner is scum. His "in your face" attitude with his long post is something I've only seen from townies.
You cannot use the excuse that his change of play affected your decision, because your post was after this. I can only deduce you thought summoner was town at the period in which he was tunnelling me/cello and at his change of play.

Spot the contradiction!!!!! It should be painfully obvious so:

- why are you prepared to hammer summoner based on the fact you should be thinking summoner is town?

^ NOTE: it's a possibility this could coincide with you giving summoner 'the power of his own fate' (#138) to cover your own tracks, no?! Me thinks this could be a scumslip Dora!

- At what point between your last post and now could summoner have suddenly possibly messed up for you to think he's scum?

_

Anyway let's continue! Let's rewind two posts back:

For similar reasons to #138, except I believe this post supplements your inconsistencies a little further - what exactly does this post mean now? where was it leading too?

It's standout to the fact that I can't workout how you've jumped from A to B regarding myself and cello/summoner as the play, despite thinking summoner is town yet worth hammering etc etc... What was so significant about my post #94 in response to yours that stopped you pursuing me any further?

Also because of your lack of explanation in this post this particular one stoodout to me:

I think I have been pretty good about explaining myself. Didn't you see those posts between KeeKee and me?
vote kataefi
I am having a hard time saying why I think Kataefi is scum.
Green = the contradiction
Pink = perhaps the most forced line ever!

Speaks for itself

Your response to Marc looks forcibly done. looks like you're trying to say the right things always at the right time. The entire interaction between Tanny/Marc to me looks forcibly done right now.

Let's move on to a minor observation:

Ok, I feel dumb. I just copy and pasted the name list and filled it as I went. -_-;;;
Can I ask why you didn't copy-paste the names for your debut post #9?
_

I would prefer to see Tanny's flip over summoner's right now.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
In regards to #138: I realized we have an extension. Cello and Summoner have the most votes on them right now so I thought I would look further into their cases instead of stubbornly pursuing my sole vote on you.

Summoner has done very little in contributing with his one liner posts and his long, obnoxious post. I wanted to see if he had a good reason for calling Cello scum or if he was saying it as a viral meme. Cello has been very vocal on his ideas, so I didn't feel a need to call him out. Also, to my knowledge, Cello hasn't been saying Summoner is scum.

I knew I had time to get a response back and to consider if I thought the response was good. We may not have a deadline now, but we also don't know when the new one will be. I am trying to be proactive. If there still had been a deadline, I don't know what I would have done. Also, if I was scum, I would have just hammered Cello.

Regarding #123: I stand by what I said. Summoner doesn't read as scum. But he is reading as in your face obnoxious. That kind of play, regardless of faction, is not beneficial to the game. I have seen too many games where someone gets bored or whatever and just starts making posts with the intent to piss other players off. Not cool.

KeeKee's rebuttal to Summoner's long post got me thinking of what Summoner was trying to do with that post. And what I thought was even if Summoner is town, is he worth keeping?

Regarding post #93: I said I had a hard time explaining my vote on you because my train of thought regards eliminating people based on town play, not picking people based on scum play. Unless I post a list (which I have been told time and time again is anti-town), I coudln't think of how to give a good reason.

I'm not giving up on you, Kat. I'm investigating another player. It's not like I've unvoted you.

If my replies seemed forced, it's probably because I am trying to be careful with my responses. I've been burned before on being honest and people misunderstanding them. Or I said the wrong thing. One game I said the wrong moderator name and it got me lynched. Hell, I've already made mistakes in this game with my RQS going so terribly wrong. I don't really want to just go willy nilly and bring more unnecessary ire down on my head. Players discouraged my initial silliness and I said I would settle down.

Whenever I use a player list (especially day one), I always go to the first post. It's the easiest way to access who's in the game.

Why out of all the players you felt you needed to get more information out of me? Seriously, when you do ask me questions, they seem pretty useless. It was even called out on why did you ask me what my expectations where before the game. And now you're nitpicking over what list of names I used? Seriously? You're gonna worry on why I used one name of lists over the other?

I think what you're accusing me of is exactly what you're doing. You've been playing the field buddying up to people, but you've not really committed to anything. Your posts seem to be mostly "What do you think?" I think you targeted me because I showed as an easy mark early game and because I voted for you.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Marc: You most certainly do owe me an answer. If you're voting for me and I'm at risk for being lynched, then I demand to know why. That's not unreasonable, and your thoughts on my posting style have no bearing on that.

As for why I'm not voting Summoner, his style is too different from NSM. I might very well be wrong about you, but you seem scummier with every post.
Once again. How so?

Answer my #139 questions as well.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Your early posts seemed more structured and less random than in NSM. After that you started badgering Starshy for a pretty irrelevant reason and were quick to vote for me when the pressure started to build up, even attempting to get Summoner to vote with you. You also keep asking me to play my entire hand and are so overly defensive on every little stab I've made it isn't even funny.
I think I mention more than posting style.

That said, Kat's case against Tandora is pretty solid. However, I don't know what she usually plays like.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ooo okay that was a big post! let's get going with some questions:
Cello has been very vocal on his ideas, so I didn't feel a need to call him out.
So what does this say about Cello's supposed alignment to you? Considering there's no reason to 'call him out', would you say there's no reason to hammer him? Considering the person you're basing your decision to hammer on is not 'worth keeping' aka Summoner, I'd say this whole affair is not very peachy! Explain this tanny if you can.
Also, if I was scum, I would have just hammered Cello.
So what? What does this show? There's no way to prove/disprove this until your actual flip, tanny, so I can't debate this. This point is null to me sorry.
Summoner doesn't read as scum. But he is reading as in your face obnoxious. That kind of play, regardless of faction, is not beneficial to the game. I have seen too many games where someone gets bored or whatever and just starts making posts with the intent to piss other players off. Not cool.
Okay - there's no recency considerations in this part of your post at all because of Summoner's #114. Would you say Summoner, post-#114, is evidence of what you're saying above?

You said:
I don't think Summoner is scum. His "in your face" attitude with his long post is something I've only seen from townies.
Can you notice the contradiction in what you're saying? - 2 very opposing strong stances there tanny, it's only fair that someone points it out. The transition between both was KeeKee's one post that persuaded you. That's fair, but:
KeeKee's rebuttal to Summoner's long post got me thinking of what Summoner was trying to do with that post. And what I thought was even if Summoner is town, is he worth keeping?
That's an anchoring effect right there if I ever saw one! - Note: you just said in the same post:
Summoner doesn't read as scum.
So clearly KeeKee's post hasn't got you thinking Summoner is scum. What has Keekee got you thinking differently about Summoner? All your conclusions are coming together and hinting strongly that you think Summoner is anything BUT SCUM, lol, so this is why I think your pressure ultimatum "if you're post isn't good enough I will vote you" on Summoner was silly.
Regarding post #93: I said I had a hard time explaining my vote on you because my train of thought regards eliminating people based on town play, not picking people based on scum play.
So what? What are you suggesting here? You haven't explained how that vote ties into you eliminating people based on town play, so right now that's a meaningless defence to me.
Why out of all the players you felt you needed to get more information out of me?
But #142 explains exactly why! This seemed like a 'OMG WHAI MEEE' response!
I think what you're accusing me of is exactly what you're doing. You've been playing the field buddying up to people, but you've not really committed to anything. Your posts seem to be mostly "What do you think?" I think you targeted me because I showed as an easy mark early game and because I voted for you.
This came out of the blue! Could you list examples?

Funny that we have 2+ players who are now 'easy' targets - I might have to use this excuse!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 8, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 6:
Cello_Marl: SummonerAU, KevinM, Handorin, Marc (
)
Handorin: (0)
Kataefi: Tandora (
)
KEEKEE: (0)
KevinM: (0)
Marc: Cello_Marl (
)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: §tarshy, KEEKEE (
)
Tandora: Kataefi (
)
Not Voting: (0)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey guys
Tell me why you aren't scum
and then tell me your top suspect.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
After much consideration...

I'm not scum because I'm the CPR Sorcerer.
My top suspect is Marc.

I wanted to wait until later to say my role, but I'm kind of leery being at L-1 with Tanny being there.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'm not scum because I am getting really irritated. As in I am getting seriously p. o.'ed, which is what I wanted to try to avoid to begin with. I'm tired of being town and getting hounded for being vocal. I don't even have the energy to respond to Kat's recent long post. And I don't think I am going to. I've seen these looooooooong post wars before and all it does it drag the day out and people lose interest.

My top suspect is Kateafi.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm not scum because I am getting really irritated. As in I am getting seriously p. o.'ed, which is what I wanted to try to avoid to begin with. I'm tired of being town and getting hounded for being vocal. I don't even have the energy to respond to Kat's recent long post. And I don't think I am going to. I've seen these looooooooong post wars before and all it does it drag the day out and people lose interest.

My top suspect is Kateafi.
I don't have a problem with you being vocal. or anyone.

Top suspect kinda seems like an omgus or "This guy has beef with me, so I guess I need to argue back, so that kinda makes me suspicious"

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ninja

What was the point of your post 30 minutes ago if you're just gonna vote me after one person has stated his opinion to your question?
He claimed CPR doc. While I don't consider claims 100% true, I take them at their word until someone counter claims at the very least.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Just to be sure, I don't find Tanny suspicious at all. But, if she had been scum and was pushed enough that she thought she'd get lynched, she might have just hammered me. Like I did to Blue Yoshi in Batmanfia.

Also, please don't take my lack of suspicion of her as a scum tell for her. I'd really rather she not get killed, not with the likes of Summoner still around. Who I also think is...probably town. I think he's trying to emulate how people think I played in NSM.

Also, Hando, since you are actually confirmed as a townie, can you coerce Marc to answer my questions for me? Thanks.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Right so cello thoughts on tandyandy as to why she's not scum specifically? You can see I'm getting opposite vibes.

Imo tanny's posts are filled with many loopholes and contradictions... it's only right that they need looking into.

Where is kev? didn't he promise us a reread? *summons kev*

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Also, Hando, since you are actually confirmed as a townie, can you coerce Marc to answer my questions for me? Thanks.
Please go easy on me, Hando. =[

:laugh:

Unvote

Cello's claim might have been too premature considering no one seemed eager to hammer and there were other suspects, but I'll take it seriously as long as there's no counterclaim. This could be a last ditch effort to lure the real Sorcerer out, but I doubt it. Any changes in playing style I picked up on were probably caused by the special role as opposed to a Vanilla role in NSM. I just wish he wouldn't have taken up the spotlight so much again (I still think his attack on Starshy was somewhat silly, although Starshy actually posted then *sigh*).

I'm also still very weary of the protectiveness towards Tandora. Cello, what makes you so sure she's Town? Also, why are both you and Tandora willing to lynch Summoner while you both think he's probably Town?

The way things are now I'm likely to stick with Tandora. I was kind of banking on a Cello/Tandora combo, but even if one is acquitted, it doesn't say that much about the other. What really irks me is how quiet KevinM and Starshy are right now. We don't have a reasonable shot at seeing through them if they keep lurking this much (especially Kevin). Day 1 has come too far to get rid of dead weight though, so I'll stick to voting who I actually suspect. Kataefi has gone a long way in saying how I feel about Tandora. Her recent defense (annoyance) is something I've feigned as scum before, although there have been instances where I've been genuinely frustrated (either as Town or Mafia). All in all it's a relatively solid case for a first Day. I really wish someone with prior Tandora experience would comment though.

Vote: Tandora

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Doing homework and such (hey, that's why I hydra'd) so I don't have tons of time but this jumped out:
Cello's claim might have been too premature considering no one seemed eager to hammer and there were other suspects, but I'll take it seriously as long as there's no counterclaim. This could be a last ditch effort to lure the real Sorcerer out, but I doubt it. Any changes in playing style I picked up on were probably caused by the special role as opposed to a Vanilla role in NSM. I just wish he wouldn't have taken up the spotlight so much again (I still think his attack on Starshy was somewhat silly, although Starshy actually posted then *sigh*).
If I may paraphrase, "I think Cello is town".

I'm also still very weary of the protectiveness towards Tandora. Cello, what makes you so sure she's Town? Also, why are both you and Tandora willing to lynch Summoner while you both think he's probably Town?
If I may paraphrase, "I think Cello is suspicious".

You're equivocating again. If you doubt Cello's scum why are you wary of him being protective of anyone? I understand why you'd want more of his perspective but it reads more like you're trying to incriminate him.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Tandora: The five posts you said you were tried to make about Kat that you said didn't turn out alright, what in them did you say? I don't expect you to remember every detail, but what was the gist of the points that you made? Separately, in five sections would be best. Show us where your mind was.

Tandora said:
I got some RQS. -_-
Why did you choose the emoticon that you did? -_- <------- This one.
Starshy said:
Marc wanna hammer tandora?
Why did you ask Marc, specifically?

@Kevin: Now that you are aware of who I am, know that I'm most likely to shoot Starshy or Marc. Are you still willing to lynch Tandora for being an unknown factor?

@Marc: In Nothing Special, you said that certain parts of your play were indicative of not wasting time, when I said that that was one of the 3 bits of information that you gave me. However, in this game, it seems like you're much more willing to indulge in unnecessary and useless discussion, such as the "thoughtless bandwagon" exchange w/KEEKEE. And your two equivocations are, by definition, wasteful, as you aren't committing in any way shape or form.

Also, stop ignoring my questions!

SideOffFootnote: Why were you reviewing Nothing Special before your last post? I was looking for what you may have been looking for, but I can't figure it out. Don't bother answering this if you don't want to.

Marc said:
This could be a last ditch effort to lure the real Sorcerer out, but I doubt it.
This doesn't even make any sense. All the Sorcerer would have to do, if I was lying and scum, is shoot me that Night. No claim necessary.

Marc said:
I just wish he wouldn't have taken up the spotlight so much again (I still think his attack on Starshy was somewhat silly, although Starshy actually posted then *sigh*)
Why are you ignoring that then? Why do you think that he's continued, on multiple occasions, to prove that they are, in fact, two? Why are they bothering to waste time doing that? Why aren't you berating them for it? You obviously think that it was a bad idea, on Starshy's behalf, as you've stated that belief multiple times. Don't you think that is suspicious? If not, why do you keep bringing it up?

@KEEKEE, if you don't get a satisfactory answer from Marc for your question, will you move over to him with me?

If we don't lynch Kevin, Starshy or Marc, I'd rather just go No lynch. Otherwise my shot will throw our numbers off.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
sup grammys

i havent talked to steel since cellos claim but last time i did he thought cello was scum while i said i didnt wanna switch our vote to him so clearly i should pick where the vote ends today

i think summoner should still die. the "easy wagon" logic is dumb cuz uh anyone with the most votes can be considered the "easy wagon" cuz theyre getting the most hate. so i guess i agree that hes the easy wagon but i disagree that thats a problem. but hes no longer getting the most hate which i dont understand and think we need to rectify quick and today

we mentioned marc cuz he hadnt posted at the time

were not no lynching and im hopping on the biggest wagon by midnight

Top Bottom