• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing

DPAUL

Smash Rookie
I've recently picked up Peach and while playing around with her grabs, I've noticed that its possible to Up throw C.Falcon into another. But I can't seem to get any other characters.

Who else can I possibly chain grab?
Can the down throw be used to chain?

I also found that if I down throw I can do an quick short hop into a down air to get a little more damage in before a down smash to finish the combo.

Do you think this is an effective combo. or will most people tech it?

Sepph

Smash Rookie
You can chain grab fox/falco (meaning fast fallers) at some medium % (even if they DI) and sometimes large/tall characters using your DThrow (Sheik can be dthrown and then grabbed again, but its harder to CG using Dthrow).

For the combo I'll have to try it and I'll tell u later ^_^'

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Try searching next time, but Peach chains Fox/Falco from ~35-100 if they don't DI, and to ~120% if they do. Dthrow chains don't work. Merely DIing away ruins any combo you have out of dthrow, and if it's Luigi that you try to dthrow, you eat a nair in the face if you don't shield. Dthrow is far from unusable though. At the edge, if you happened to be facing towards the stage, you can quickly grab and dthrow to regrab them, only facing outside into a fthrow. This may work if they don't expect you to dthrow, but since the animation is so ****ed long, it's rather easily DIed out of. Btw, the chain on Falcon goes from a bit less than 40 to a bit over 80.

Top Bottom