• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Game?

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
What do I do when I grab someone as Falco. Especially fastfallers. I play against Falcons a lot and I get lots of shield grabs when they Raptor Boost, but then I never know what to do. Usually I try to uthrow to a shine and if that hits I JC it into a dair, but that only works like 15% of the time. I've been told to try uthrow nair, but I dunno if I like that. Should I not even shield grab and just usmash out of shield to start a combo instead? What in general is Falco supposed to do when he's grabbed someone?

PB&J

Smash Hero
the best falco with grab game is lambchops..watch him//he has like 300 vids of him ******..who cares about any other falco when it comes to grabs..after u watch like 10 matches of him tell me what u learned

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Seriously a grab game with Falco will make your Falco twice as good. All that laser pressure means nothing if I can just stay in my shield all day. You don't necessarily need to combo after a throw just as long as you gain more control AFTER it. Chops F-Throws a lot off the edge which gains him a lot of ground. Also Chops uses lasers to lead into forward smash after it. Some people simply U-Throw to high jump D-air, you do have to get the read but it works. Don't try shining out of throw... requires too much precision and the other person can DI out of it easily. D throw can work if you tech chase it, but you're Falco so of course you can.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
fthrow off the stage
bthrow to fthrow off the stage (only works if they dont DI away)
uthrow to sh bair/nair when comboing in the middle of the stage (i usually use bair, dunno if its better but it looks better harhar and its a habit that i usually use a bair cause its stronger)
bthrow to any throw if u kno they're DI towards u for the bthrow and u add a bit more damage (and it looks cooler yay)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
If they don't see it coming, bthrow to bthrow, or dthrow to lazer to anything. If they don't tech, just jab them
if you're fighting a floaty, try uthrow to fair (good **** against Marff), and fthrow also has a possibility for CGing. Asides from that, against Fox or someone, bthrow and recovery interception is good if you've got good edgegame, or if you want a scrubby gimp.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i wouldnt recommend doing dthrow since the damage is small and a dthrow to laser is half the damage u can give with a guaranteed uthrow bair.

bthrow is a possible CG, fthrow is not.

if u can fthrow them more than once in a row, then they suck and they arent rolling away fast enough.

Binx

Smash Master
My friend Minh is easily the best Falco in Oregon and sometimes in friendlies he will dthrow and tech chase, obviously this isn't very good but its funny to watch him do it, I've seen him regrab 5-6 times and it's hillarious.

Top Bottom