• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for Ike?

1337Kai

Smash Cadet
NNID
1337Kai
There's a tourney coming up near where I live and it's the biggest one I've ever been to (at least in smash, I've played UMvC3 competitively at one point). Lately, I've been practicing a lot with my 4 mains, Ike obviously being one of them. Here's the thing, I know good and bad stages for my other characters, but it's Ike that I usually get confused on. What are some good (or bad) counter pick stages for Ike? Thanks in advance!

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
From my experience ike is one of the few who benefits a lot from lylat. I find it better than BF or Town and city in the multiple platform type.
If authorized skyloft is pretty fun too, and so is delphino. But wuhu as some transformation ike don't really like. Castle siege is ok.
DF and smashville are meh, avoid DF.
Avoid halberd and kongo jungle too. They're are not that bad, but ike can't really shark and it overall doesn't give him any advantage.

It depends of the opponent character, and if you have good tech.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Battlefield is definitely a great Ike stage; you can maneuver around with platforms and a lot of Ike's attacks go through them.

Lylat is really good as well, same benefits as Battlefield plus the stage tilting/ angles can mess up projectiles from enemies. (Just got to be careful when recovering.)

Other than that, it's a bit more MU specific. I've had some luck on Duck Hunt with characters who love to kill from the top, and Halberd for ones that can't/ don't.

Delfino usually works against me more often than not, so I'd say to stay away from there if you can.

Top Bottom