• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good secondaries/alternate mains for Lucas mainers

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys.

I feel like it's time for someone to exhibit some burning desire to make Lucas better. Which is why I'm trying to spark some discussion about which members of the cast we should instead. No, just kidding. Seriously though, what other mains do you guys think provides a good balancing of the scales match-wise. I personally have been training with diddy lately, and in some weird way I feel as if his playstyle complements Lucas's well. Feel free to call me on that. Basically, I'm just trying to keep the lucas spirit alive!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Even though this has been discussed numerous times....
ZSS,Marth, DK, and G&W are cover all of his weaknesses
But mostly ZSS imo cause she does good against Lucas' worst matchups: Marth and Snake

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Yeah i feel like we've discussed this on several occassions...

This is my lineup
1. Lucas
2. MK (bc everyone should play him, lol)
3. Snake (Call me a tier wh*re)
4. D3
5. Marth

IMO, marth is a character that everyone should have in their lineup as well as mk. I have snake in there for those really annoying G&W's and just bc he's fun to use. tbh though, i have more trouble against sonics then i do G&W. we should discuss the lucas/sonic matchup in the matchup thread next if it hasn't already been done.

~Nasty~

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
Thanks you have a good lineup too takerfan ;)

I'm currently learning to infinite with ICs but it's pretty difficult .
I believe I'll stop it >_<

I use D3 to counter Snake and Dk and because I hate them :p
Marth to counter Yoshi and GaW

Diddy because I love his bananas , they can own you so simply lol

And MK to counter ... all the character \o/

If you have to choose only one secondary , personally I'll take Marth or Meta Knight

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I'm using Lucas as my main, but I also decided recently to pick up Diddy Kong.
I figure if I could have those 2 really good that would cover mostly everything haha.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a lucas mainer, but take metaknight. He counters everyone.

Basically, use MK for any matchup below 50-50.
Snake is also a good option too.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lucas
Bowser (Even though he doesn't even counter any of lucas' bad matchups =/)

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I have a thing against metaknight haha.
I don't care about the whole ban situation etc but I just don't like metaknight.
So that's why Diddy seems like an awesome idea since he's fun.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've been going with Diddy for the past few months. And Mk's the best, Rachmaninav, is case there are still people in other galaxies who don't know; therefore, as lil cj pointed out, he's also the coolest.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Here's who I use:
Lucas
G&W
Snake

Snake is to cover Marth, because Marth likes to **** little boys and 2-D men

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, I don't see how people can even use Marth... he's just so annoying. Is it just me or is it basically almost all Lucas mains?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Why do people even play Marth? He's so boring. >_> It's just Fairs and Dash dances all day
yeah, but if you tell that to a Marth player he'll just say it takes skills to get tippers... but somehow they do it EVERY match... skills is getting b-air spike with Lucas everytime

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
My List is:

Lucas
Ness-He's awesome
Falco-I have an easy time with everybody (the laser-> reflector -> phantasm combo is sooo cheap and fun to annoy people with)

I don't think Marth is that boring or that annoying (unless they are the multiple LOSERS that use the infinite grab on Lucas/Ness), I also like playing as Jiggs (what real men play), Luigi, Kirby, Pikachu, and Marth for fun.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ness and Lucas almost share the same type of secondaries. If you want to get better with spacing, you might want to go for Jigglypuff, Wario or Marth. They're supposed to help with that, from what I've been told and I believe in that particular order. Anyway, I don't think Ness is a good option since both characters are similar in a way. It's up to you, though. Mario or King DeDeDe might be other good choices.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I've been looking into G&W, he plays a lot like lucas, and has some decent matchups against the characters that like to touch lucas in the no-no zone

Top Bottom