• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Luigi partners?

nublet06

Smash Lord
well....im not the expert on this.

but in general you can throw fox or peach with anyone and its a good team. i teamed with a sheik and did pretty well at my last tournament tho so maybe sheik does well too.

it really depends on your style tho. if your luigi is very aggressive and gets a lot of kills you might want a peach on the team. if your luigi sits back a lot.......fox is great because he gets so many kills.

luigi is a risky stock saver tho because he can be gimped on accident a lot.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Anyone with noticeably good killing potential(quick killing potential is probably more appropriate). I've always worked well with Fox and Falcon.

It really does depend more on style though. In teams I take less risks to get kills, so it's good to have the knee/upsmash to clean up while I preserve stock.

And I'd actually take Doc over falco...

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
I say... that its not SOO much a big deal about who the character is...just if u know ur partner well enough...because the grab up b combo definitely kills...and id say...duel luigis pwn for the luigi ladder :D

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Ganon, peach, marth, falcon, and fox are the best partners they can survive a lot or and score kills very quickly (specially fox) Jigglypuff can die fast thats the problem.

LOL, Luigi's ladder is banned >_>

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
WTH? nOOOOOO....Luigi ladder rulez T_T...its a recov technique...not a stall technique..at least for me...and...i think all the good partners are basically the high or top tier chars...its just mostly based on skill...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
My brother and I go Luigi + Sheik. His Sheik is extremely offensive so is a good partner.. except when he comes face to face with a Fox. I'd suggest people like:

sheik
peach
marth
fox
falcon
falco
everyone else

yeah just pick your own partner. It really depends on preference, skill levels, and style of play.

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
I should pick the Doc on this one guys, most of his attacks are instant killing when they are used well, plus his pills are just amazing! Just 3 pills gets ppl about 21 to 23 % and that was just only 3, imagine pill spaming! and ofcourse the cape! His B. aerial can get characters out of the stage quickly and that's pretty much what he needs! cause of the cape! he can turn them the other way when they are trying to recover

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I should pick the Doc on this one guys, most of his attacks are instant killing when they are used well, plus his pills are just amazing! Just 3 pills gets ppl about 21 to 23 % and that was just only 3, imagine pill spaming! and ofcourse the cape! His B. aerial can get characters out of the stage quickly and that's pretty much what he needs! cause of the cape! he can turn them the other way when they are trying to recover
I think you're in the wrong topic.

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
Like nublet06 said, I mean, it all depends on your style.

If your luigi is up and about, aerial and on the ground, you might want a good Peach or Pikachu to aid you.

Now, If your luigi is pure aerial, prays on those who are sent flying, You NEED someone to send them flying, lol >_>

So I'd recommend Cap Falco or Gannon for this Knnead ful task lol.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I don't think you need to be Ka-Master and Eggz to make the Mario-Luigi team work.

I'm a mario main and my friend a luigi main, and we play against each other all the freaking time. This leads to insane knowledge of the spacing needed for teams. I can't even think of how many times our moves have combo'd flawlessly together.

So basically you just need to know the spacing and how your partner plays... but that is true with any team.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
So basically you just need to know the spacing and how your partner plays... but that is true with any team.
Good point in that.

But I think Ka-master and Eggz will make a good mario bros team because they are in the same crew

Top Bottom