• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good god..

OverLade

Smash Hero
**** I was gonna post this. >_>

And actually, at 0 percent, most of those combos look pretty legit. Not impossible to pull off....

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
japanese luigis arent better then american/candian luigis. their meta game is pretty ******** espically with a *** ledge grab rule lol.... they leave themselves open alot.... not to mention they hardly gimp, and make matcvhs seem like 2 hours....

i like how this thing is getting alot of attention lol....

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
japanese luigis arent better then american/candian luigis. their meta game is pretty ******** espically with a *** ledge grab rule lol.... they leave themselves open alot.... not to mention they hardly gimp, and make matcvhs seem like 2 hours....

The ledge grab rule is legit as hell, try playing someone who planks like an motha****a. They keep stuff fair, and I don't think we should count them out until we see evidence that American Luigis>Japanese Luigis

napZzz

Smash Hero
This is just stuff I've never seen american luigi's try. Its usually the same follow ups and strings. Its new stuff I guess.

Apply this **** and predict the proper dodge and it can take an easy stock. I think =]

DI'ing out of combo's in brawl? lololol who even does that anyways.

Eten

Smash Ace
Really the only NEW thing we should be absorbing from this video is that dthrow on the ledge = really good for extra damage.

The SH triple aerial->jab-> up-B stuff doesn't work on a human players on those characters shown(at the very least it's been PROVEN that the jab->up-B is always blockable on those characters, even if they can't DI out of it before then), it'll work on a large heavyweight like bowser frequently enough though, but I think that's what we said before in an earlier thread on easy matchups- you can practically 0 to firejumppunch KO bowser.

And the video shows a lot of dthrow->fair stuff. That's luigi's highest potential damage building followup we know, but I only expect it to land on characters like snake, and then only sometimes. Most often what happens anyway is that you fair(they airdodge)->nair->some followup. I mean remember Themann vs. Ankoku? That's how the fight starts out, man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkSaWDo0gzA

you know, thinking on it, maybe we really should scientifically break down all of luigi's combos/tech chases/followups on different characters and %s.. figure out when ones we can actually dthrow->fair, dthrow->fair(techchase airdoge)->nair, and when trying to dthrow->fair->techchase gets you punished(floaty/high DI character/too high of %). They had some crazy detail on what % you could fthrow->knee as C.F. back in the day...

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace

It works pretty much on fastfallers, other then that.... its not a legit combo espcally when they di away....... luigi is a stringer, not a combo-er in reality lol....
Hippie just hating cause he newb :3

I mean...EVERYONE can land that combo against Diddy on Corneria, sheesh you guys are just lame.

/sarcasm

That Dthrow thingie looks pretty cool though.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Very entertaining. Looks like some of the stuff I used to try early when the game came out. But then I got ***** in matches and stopped lol.

What I really want to know though is how is he killing people so early with up + b? Lack of DI? Because I know from experience that it takes a bit more percentage to kill those people characters with up + b. Like he killed ZZS at the starting percentage of 40%....... O.o

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Very entertaining. Looks like some of the stuff I used to try early when the game came out. But then I got ***** in matches and stopped lol.

What I really want to know though is how is he killing people so early with up + b? Lack of DI? Because I know from experience that it takes a bit more percentage to kill those people characters with up + b. Like he killed ZZS at the starting percentage of 40%....... O.o
YEa i think its a stationary person. And they don't DI at all so they died early. People would be able to get out of those in a real match.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
The answer you're actually looking for is that the upb is killing earlier because the opponent's feet aren't touching the ground. Any vertical killing move will drop in required % when the opponent is off the ground, even just a little bit off.

ZSS DOES die at like 43 from a grounded shoryu though. She's really super light. When she's off the ground it probably goes to like 39.

And yeah, I can't see any of that actually happening in a match unless you're some kind of mindgame master...or a hypnotist.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Yeah... moves have 20% extra knockback against an opponent who is in midair.

Also, interesting tidbit... moves have 20% extra knockback against an opponent who is in the middle of charging a smash (as in holding down the A button to power up, not the starting lag itself).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The Japanese just like to be showy. As Luigi, being this straightforward/aggro is just going to get you shieldgrabbed a lot, lol.

Fun as hell to watch, though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The Japanese just like to be showy. As Sonic, more specifically RATS, being this straightforward/aggro is just going to get you shieldgrabbed a lot, lol.

Fun as hell to watch, though.
Fixed, QFT, and can I use this when somebody compliments RATS, please?

If you're not willing to share at first, I can always offer you Steak to tempt you to allow me copyright to your now editted post.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes, you can use it... I find myself using it a lot to describe any non-Kite Japanese videos (I tell people he wins b/c he's the only patient player in Japan).

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Why is everyone arguing that these aren't legit?

LuigiKing does these, like, routinely all the time against floaty characters and spacies.

The moves those Wigis used have almost ZERO knockback (fair, sourspot uair) so even if you DO di, there's nothing to DI away from.

Magus420

Smash Master
The reason DIing away doesn't do much of anything is because you can't DI them beyond A/SDI (some moves also can't be SDI'd despite having hitlag) which does very little in comparison. There is plenty of knockback though, where if you actually were allowed to DI them normally you would definitely get out. Moves that are too weak to make you fall down and just make you flinch instead can't be DIed like stronger hits (they also have more actual hitstun when weak like this than they do at higher damage/knockback).

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
magus, DI allows you to jump out of these combos.

But they are still extremely sweet. As a Mario player I'm very jealous rite nao..luigis makin mehot

Magus420

Smash Master
Multiple SDIs on hits allow you to do a lot of things. My point was you can't change the angle you get sent on the aerials or jab because the knockback is too weak on those hits. A/SDI does very little to change where you end up afterwards by comparison. You follow the same exact flight path from the hit regardless of the direction you hold on that type of knockback.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone actually tried doing those combos? They don't work. After dthrow you can dodge any of Luigi's follow-ups. Go to training mode, set the comp lvl to 9 (yes, on stop) and try those combos out.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Regardless, this is what had me coming to Luigi back in the Melee days: crazy-*** combos (or strings, whatever you prefer) left and right and not giving the enemy breathing room. I think we should fiddle around with this more and look for an inescapable form of this unreal stuff that we randomly pull off on brain-dead people or computers. Who knows? Maybe we'll find something obnoxious enough to push Luigi up in the tiers even more than he probably will in June.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Who can't pull this **** off on brain-dead players? Every legit luigi I've ever met can do this stuff, assuming your opponent is ****ty. The problem is that **** doesn't really matter.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Chill...

I can't do this to any player who is decent, I'm not good or bad, but the fact of the matter is, your opponent is never constantly that bad.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
This will only be pulled off if your opponent is watching something else while your comboing him.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The only combo was FFdair>jab>grab which works on most chars. There's a variety of those "cool combos" you can do on a non-di'ing opponent like FFdair>jab>dthrow>dair>dbljumpnair>upB on ROB. It won't kill him, but it'll do like 60-something %. If your opponent isn't used to luigi you could maybe pull off one of those combos once.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
If your good, an your facing really good competition, its possible to to "bad ***" comboes.

Not copies of the ones in the vids, but i have 0-death alot of people, including good and VERY GOOD ranked players.

It dont happen alot, but it can be done.

You usually get just cool setups into up-Bs and up-angled f-smashes, but combos exist with Luigi.

Ive gotten alot better and Ive realized the beauty of luigis little hits an how almost everything mixes into or flows right into another move or mindgame.

Oh an downthrow to up Air(bair and fair sometimes) works alot on several characters

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Down throw to nair and upair work like charms on heavy characters, not always big, but heavy like Link.

Top Bottom