• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good free recording program for a capture card?

aVerySneakyBox

Smash Rookie
NNID
boxxku
3DS FC
0001-3530-7749
Hi, I don't post much on the forums so sorry if this is in the wrong place but yesterday I found my old EasyCap( I know I know but it was like 5 bucks) so I decided to set it up. Anyways the program I first used made recordings that were less than 10 minutes = 1gb to 7gb for some reason. There were no options to change anything so I used windows movie maker to record, now I can get less than 30mb :)

Skip to about 0:50, I keep pausing cause it freezes sometimes.
I played with lag on a really tiny screen so please don't be harsh >_> I've yet to buy a video splitter

But besides movie maker whats a better program thats free ?
I know easycap is bad but its all I got, I looked around in local stores and malls to find another capture card but no luck. I checked online but our country's "amazon" and is mostly filled with overpriced easycaps that are slightly different...

Pauer

The Pauerful
i would use OBS (Open Broadcasting Software), it's what many people use for streaming and it can record very well too.

Top Bottom