• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Bowser Partners?

Lozzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
eey_b0ss
3DS FC
3539-9024-8068
So I've been playing Bowser for a while now and I really enjoy him, however the main problem I have is fighting long range or faster characters. I'm looking for suggestions for a character to pick up alongside Bowser who can cover his weaknesses well. I've been leaning towards characters like Marth and Lucario, both having good range and speed, the latter having a good projectile. Thoughts?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You mean a secondary character to play yourself right, not a team partner? My Bowser (and my other character, Link) usually gets wrecked by the fast top tiers: Sheik, Fox, Diddy, you know the drill. Trouble is it's hard to counter them without a similair character. Captain Falcon, Sonic, another Sheik or Diddy, Falco perhaps? Marth or Lucario might work -- it's just unfortunate Marth was nerfed a little.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yoshi honestly. You get speed. A projectile. Good air game. Your attacks are generally safer. And you get a command grab that can potentially toss people in a egg to their doom if they can't mash buttons fast enough at high percents. And Yoshi's boots are made of the same stuff that Bowser's Fists are in some attacks.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Ever since the 3DS version came out I've been running Bowser/Falcon and it's worked quite nicely for me. Falcon is a good rush down character and Bowser is good for staying alive and making reads with a passive aggressive playstyle.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
Try Bowser and Little Mac. Little Mac and Bowser are both extremely powerful and can both kill at early percents.

Top Bottom