• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Anime Series to Watch?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Yea for almost all cases, the sub is obviously better than dub.

Although there are rare occurrences. Plus after watching DBZ on dub, I am unable to watch sub.
Just kidding, man. I'm on the same boat as you, I like dubbed more because of the awkward japanese voices in subbed.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just kidding, man. I'm on the same boat as you, I like dubbed more because of the awkward japanese voices in subbed.
You know right that, that was not my list?

I do prefer dual-audio so I can switch it up but most of the time I end up picking subbed.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Has anyone said Boku no Pico yet? I highly advise any smashboarders thinking of it to not say it.

Simmons

Smash Cadet
How has nobody mentioned Log Horizon? It's an amazing anime based on people trapped in a world similar to a video game. Sort of like Sword Art Online, except it actually has character development, world building, relatable characters, and a lack of huge gaping logic flaws. Other action anime that I can think of off the top of my head are Code Geass and Baccano. Watch those too.

If you're looking for some feels, you can watch Clannad, although you may have to get used to the art style. Or if you're feeling lighthearted, watch the Comedy-Slice of life series Nichijou.

Last edited:

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Azumanga Daioh is another comedic SoL series, like Nichijou but... different. Something near the opposite could be Serial Experiments Lain, I guess. Which is pretty interesting.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
How has nobody mentioned Log Horizon? It's an amazing anime based on people trapped in a world similar to a video game. Sort of like Sword Art Online, except it actually has character development, world building, relatable characters, and a lack of huge gaping logic flaws. Other action anime that I can think of off the top of my head are Code Geass and Baccano. Watch those too.

If you're looking for some feels, you can watch Clannad, although you may have to get used to the art style. Or if you're feeling lighthearted, watch the Comedy-Slice of life series Nichijou.
Im waiting for season two subtitles completion.

I also suggest you to not associate yourself with the Katawa Shoujo community or its games anymore. this is your choice so feel free to disregard my advice.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I watch High School of the Dead for the extremely enticing plot and character development.

D

Deleted member 269706

Angel Beats anyone? I've never been able to get into any other anime except for this one...I love the idea behind it, I love the themes, characters, and story. If I'm being completely honest, a few tears may have slipped at one point...

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
I just started watching Tokyo Ghoul out of Curiosity, and I regret nothing.
This anime is really great, im glad it's getting another season.

Regardie

Smash Rookie
Ping Pong the animation(not action and adventure)
Legends of the Galactic Heroes(really good)
Ergo Proxy
Claymore
Berserk
Crest of the stars(also really good)

umbrapunky

Smash Rookie
Hunter x Hunter (2011).
Fate/Zero.
Yahari Oregairu.
Hellsing Ultimate.
FMA: Brotherhood.
Angel Beats.