• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gold

Cattio12

Smash Rookie
What do you think about the games uses for gold? Do you think there could've been better ways for using gold?

Also, does anyone know what the cap for gold is in this game?

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Should've made it so you can buy customs with gold. Gold use in this game is pretty dumb because outside of complesitionists I'm pretty sure nobody is too happy that you can only spend gold on trophies. I guess it's cool that you can use gold to play Crazy Orders but even then we have those passes. Btw I think the cap is 999k

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah it should have been possible to buy equipment, maybe even custom moves

cg0rz152

Smash Rookie
Btw I think the cap is 999k
Actually, I'm currently at 8,223,667G thanks to amiibo farming. So no, It's definitely than 999k.

Reeeeeally wish you could use it to buy custom equipment or custom moves. Would have saved me so much time trying to get the milestone for all 93 equipment special effects.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I have over 9 million gold, much of it from playing Crazy Orders almost exclusively as of late. I will know within the next couple weeks if it allows for another digit, which I highly suspect it does.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I have confirmed that the game does allow you to earn at least 10 million gold. I was at 9.8 million and sold all my equipment to make it go over 10 million, then undid the transaction by not saving my custom fighter. I just wanted to be sure the game didn't "wrap around" to zero in advance. The game's true limit remains unknown at this time.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Agreed that the gold is eventually useless in this game. Some might argue the 2 million earned from completing all the challenges is already overkill by that point.

Nintendo really should use comma separators by now, though (and yes I did intentionally try to hit exactly 10,000,000 G.)

Attachments

Top Bottom