• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'd be happy to put money into some sort of drafted crew of 4-5 people per one with 4+ crews, although there would have to be some sort of way to just stop all the top 4 go in the same crew rofl

Aiko

Smash Champion
i would give point values to every player and then make each crew of similar value,

eg: (these are based on results from GGT)
Charles - 5
Zeppo - 4
Blinky - 2
Hugo - 1

If there were crews of 2, It would be charles and hugo vs zeppo and blinky.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Paul would surely have 5 as well by that system. That might work but I can see it turning into a mess like the rankings really. Perhaps just doing the most obvious thing and have the top 4 or 5 players captains and have them choose 1 person each until the crews are filled, that way someone cant just choose 4 **** people at once. Just have to decide who gets order of pick.

Your system Ant is probably the most fair in a mathematical accurate sense but giving people such rankings just won't happen rofl

Aiko

Smash Champion
we all know charles is in a tier of his own. theres no denying that.

but yeah, 4/5 captains would be good and it would be in reverse ranked order, so it would be like

p.pro
VA
Frosty
Zeppo
Charles

in that order

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Alright who has suggestions for getting crews up and running!?!

I'd like to see regionals regardless but some form of draft crew could be fun. I remember us trying it once though and we only got 1 stock each, thats ****e banter.
i believe that was our fault

i remember that, the abuse shouting match in the backround was amazing.

id like to come to this if i can find the money/ am not busy and crews is always fun.

have to keep up my record.

J03

Smash Master
aye, dont worry, its stupidly difficult to get to this =/

i mean charles buying the tickets for you

the venue being 30 steps for the station

it only being a 1 day event

simply impossible

Z you seen this...

and try to be more like Zeppo for the banter. As long as you are more like Zeppo you will be alright.

imagine more then one Zeppo, id quit xD

Kone

Smash Master
Crews- When forming crews I think there needs to be a reason behind them, as in, they are a team. By selecting the top 5 players who then draft players I dont see what the reason for the "team" is except that they were chosen by the team captain. Crews are normally formed through region or friends. Thus, playing for that cause matters. If were talking regions then the only one we can do is north v south but that isnt a crew tournament nor can it be priced. personally I think people should draft themsevles into crews of 5/6 based upon who they want to crew with. Yes, this makes things a bit unbalanced competitively i.e. good players normally group with good players but this happens in doubles. Id much prefer the banter of playing with joe/will/ryan and others than,potentially, four people I dont know to well/dislike lol ;)

COEY

Smash Lord
I agree i'm not very happy to do random crews or even balanced crews. It's not as if singles is very balanced lol plus that way you get more upsets and bad beats.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
This sounds awesome, especially with the inclusion of pokefloats :). I'd like to try and come (would be my first tourney) but I've got to find out when my uni exams are. Stupid first semester...

Kone

Smash Master
Second semester starts the last Monday every Jnauary, so itll be like the 26th. Before that is when your exams or other hand in dates for semester 1 will be. Basically, you should have exams that are after this tourney date :) and if you've just started uni its unlikely that you'll need anything more than 40% and it don count towards your degree ^_^. Unless ur uni is odd or your doing like pharmacy.

basically divnt worry

me+ran+z+will+joe vs all

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Crews- When forming crews I think there needs to be a reason behind them, as in, they are a team. By selecting the top 5 players who then draft players I dont see what the reason for the "team" is except that they were chosen by the team captain. Crews are normally formed through region or friends. Thus, playing for that cause matters. If were talking regions then the only one we can do is north v south but that isnt a crew tournament nor can it be priced. personally I think people should draft themsevles into crews of 5/6 based upon who they want to crew with. Yes, this makes things a bit unbalanced competitively i.e. good players normally group with good players but this happens in doubles. Id much prefer the banter of playing with joe/will/ryan and others than,potentially, four people I dont know to well/dislike lol ;)
I agree. As long as there's no entry fee to this though, its rather obvious as to who the winner will be.

Me.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had just started uni.... sadly no. I've been here before...literally. I'm redoing my second year unfortunately. Good news though I've just found the dates and mine should be the 26th to the 31st so I should be able to come along to this :)

grayfox

Smash Champion
I would have disagreed with you given how all the good players will just team and it'll be gutting but you brought up an interesting point. The banter would actually be incomparable! IA with this stance.

Will crews like this be sorted on the day or get them sorted on the boards?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Me
Dave
Hugo
Tamoo
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Tails Chao
Professor Pro
Vanity Angel

1 ticket spare o_O

The 11th person has to pay £10 unless they go their own way

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hey fuzz, if u have 1 spare seat, I have two friends who may be interested. Ill check as soon as possible, but one of them usually has commitments and the other one usually has guitar lessons on a sat. The first person is probs unavailable but the second may want to come, as he's finished guitar lessons and really wants to go to a tournament. Ill check as soon as possible, and if theres a seat available then, he can take it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah, i guess, im just sayin if there is still a spare close to the date and nobody's taking it, one of my friends probs would, theres quite a large smash community in my year at scool

Tamoo

Smash Master
I bet you demolish them init lool. I remember destroying some smashers at my college.
lol, its actually quite a level playing field in our scool, well u already know hugo and dave, but there are other good smashers in our scool, melee and brawl. Theyre just always busy when it comes to ranbats. Theres at least one person better than me at melee at my scool tht hasnt come to ranbats yet.

Tamoo- cant your friend just buy the ticket themself?
Well he doesnt have an account so im kinda acting as the middle man here. Ill make him make an account if he does wanna go, but i dont think he can confirm anything in the short term, so if there are any spares closer to the date, he could take it or if not, book another way of gettin there i guess

Kone

Smash Master
Tamoo - All charles is doing is going to the following website - www.nationalexpress.com and booking bus tickets from london->birmingham. Look for the 'funfare' tickets as there cheap. All he did was buy ten of them himself when they were released and at their cheapest by means to make it easier to encourage people to go to the toureny in b'ham i.e. as people are lazee as out. So, ask charles what bus times he booked and book same coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom