• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

glitch? probably. old? I dunno.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
so I was playing this Kirby player yesterday on Smashville (me being Pikachu, of course) and I used Thunder when the moving platform came over me when trying to hit him. when I used it he was right above the platform which was moving to the right and he reacted to the Thunder and jumped right away from it. this is where the weird thing happened: the cloud appeared where it was supposed to and all but when the Thunder was released another Thunder appeared to the left of it without a cloud. they were both parallel to eachother and had about the size of a Pikachu between them. the "clone" was identical to the "real" one, but didn't make a cloud and came out a liiittle slower than the original. they both hit the moving platform and made their own explosions on it, so the other one probably had a hitbox as well.

not useful, just thought I'd share.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
That sounds like what raptor said happened to him a lot on smashville for the "cross thunder effect." When pikachu is under the platform, the rod is separated (either you just went below the platform, or the platform moved over/past you). It'll look like 2 separate thunders and depending on how you move or set it up, it could be parallel. This works with any stage with a moving platform. Also just to confirm if what i am talking about is the same things as this thread: does the "second thunder without a cloud" form above the platform or only below the platform. What is happening is that the rod which is continuously hitting the platform, suddenly can pass through again, so it does while the first part of the rod is still happening. If the late thunder hits pikachu again, that's a minature cross thunder. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, a fledgeling smashboards'er

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Legendary pretty much said it. ive noticed this for a long time. i am also pretty sure the second thunder has a hitbox as well. could be used to surprise someone but i highly doubt it.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
omfg I'm a scientist in the pointlessness. :D

That sounds like what raptor said happened to him a lot on smashville for the "cross thunder effect." When pikachu is under the platform, the rod is separated (either you just went below the platform, or the platform moved over/past you). It'll look like 2 separate thunders and depending on how you move or set it up, it could be parallel. This works with any stage with a moving platform. Also just to confirm if what i am talking about is the same things as this thread: does the "second thunder without a cloud" form above the platform or only below the platform. What is happening is that the rod which is continuously hitting the platform, suddenly can pass through again, so it does while the first part of the rod is still happening. If the late thunder hits pikachu again, that's a minature cross thunder. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, a fledgeling smashboards'er
hmm I see. still believe the glitch is pointless, unless we can find maybe a way to make a third thunder on the other side of the original or something else. or I'm just dreaming. I'm gonna head into my igloo now.

it's cold in here. :(

Top Bottom