• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch found with Robin: Nosfer-sliding

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I found an amazing glitch with Robin I call Nosfer-sliding. Just watch.

Sorry for bad quality. And bad mic. Just general bad everything.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Sorry, I can't hear the audio well; can you tell us how this sliding is done?

It's actually obviously useful. It's not a huge benefit, but being able to move your opponent a few character-lengths means you just got:

A little damage
A moderate amount of healing
AND some 'corner carry' to relocate the opponent to a spot near off-stage (or other bad locations).

This is a nice advantage, and one I'll start trying to use once I know how to do it.

Scarf Wynaut

Smash Cadet
Can this be used when Robin is off-stage? Because if so it may actually have a use, saving robin when she uses nosferatu off-stage to avoid a suicide

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Sorry, I can't hear the audio well; can you tell us how this sliding is done?

It's actually obviously useful. It's not a huge benefit, but being able to move your opponent a few character-lengths means you just got:

A little damage
A moderate amount of healing
AND some 'corner carry' to relocate the opponent to a spot near off-stage (or other bad locations).

This is a nice advantage, and one I'll start trying to use once I know how to do it.
Very simple, you actually just use Nosferatu on the stage and it will automaticly start, though how far it goes varys between where you are (I found the left side of the stage to be the best spot for it.).

Can this be used when Robin is off-stage? Because if so it may actually have a use, saving robin when she uses nosferatu off-stage to avoid a suicide
I don't know, haven't tested that. I doubt it, because it seems that this happens because of the floor's position, but I'm not sure.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
So the slope of the floor causes you to slide, making it stage specific and location specific? Good to know. It's still useful, but admittedly not a huge thing. Still, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Scarf Wynaut

Smash Cadet
All the legal stages have flat surfaces besides lylat and it doesn't really do anything useful anyway but i showed it to some friends and they got a kick out of it, nice find though

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's probably gravity related. I highly doubt it's possible on any stage other than regular Windy Hill Zone and Mario Galaxy.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
It's probably gravity related. I highly doubt it's possible on any stage other than regular Windy Hill Zone and Mario Galaxy.
Yeah, your right. Though if you manage to make a perfectly curved custom stage, then yeah, if could work.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
This happened to me when I was playing in a For Fun FFA tournament and actually saved me from a Home-Run Bat swing - my jaw hung open. This was on the Windy Hill stage. I'm surprised they haven't fixed this yet tbh considering the date of this topic.

Top Bottom