• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Give your opinion on this adapter, plz

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Recently, my N64 to usb (also has ps2) adapter stopped working. I ordered another just like it and it doesn't have functionality with the controllers I have (classic issue, I am aware). So I'm looking on eBay and find a type of N64 to usb adapter that i've never seen before...(it may not be new, but it's new to me)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-USB-adapte...oysticks_Game_Controllers&hash=item2ea90f43c0

Does anyone have any information on this one? Does it work as well or better than the other adapter I described? I am aware that the "adaptoid" is the best adapter at this point, but I'm not willing to spend that much money on one at the moment. So guys, please share your opinions on this other kind of adapter, and let me know if any of you have used it.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i use that one with no "apparent" issues with the official n64 controller
didint work with me for
madcatz wheel
alpha 64 controller
horipad mini

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried the adapter with several different controllers? The N64/Ps2 to usb adapter only allows certain controllers (official nintendo ones) to work with it, I was just curious if your adapter is the same way.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I have a N64 PS2 USB adapter, and it only works with my gray 64 controller. I've heard that some colors of the classic 64 controller just don't work, like the clear purple ones.

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
@Sharksquail:

Thanks for the input. My clear purple classic 64 controller was actually the one I used online for years. I've actually heard that it's pretty much random whether or not the controller works with the adapter, doesn't depend on color etc.

Top Bottom