• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
*Puts on a scrub costume*

So Gimpy, I heard Ike has a Marth costume?

Also, he can't really be that slow, he's the new Ganondorf.

*Dissapears*

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Gimpy, I've been reading your updates, and watching (well..watched) your video blogs and stuff.

Good stuff.

I have a suggestion for you, that you may like. For all the questions and such that you will no doubt be getting, (and have gotten) you could always do "Half" updated video blogs. Take say... a 5 minute video where you just answer the most common questions, that way you can update those things either in between your major discussions, and you can answer a lot of questions. Plus, you can break things up easier in each episode, and cover more without having to worry about the time you've used.

Not to mention, for noobs like me who are stuck on dial-up, it'd be nice to download/watch them in smaller pieces :D

That's all, keep up the great work man. Let me know what you think.

....you probably were already thinking about it though...

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Good show.....all it needs now is Bowser Fsmash hitting a title everytime you finish talking.. but you dont have editing skills like that, do you?

What else...umm? Who seems to be the lightest/easiest character to kill @ low percentages on the demo?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo, Gimpy, I just watched the blog.

And the music is too loud!

That's the one criticism I have. With the music almost as loud as your voice and then all that random text popping up, I had to focus to get everything you're saying.
But it still worked pretty well considering that flaw, as you really speak very well, and the little bits of text were really hilarious at some points, so... just replace the music with some of that calm music you were given by us and turn down the volume, then everything is good.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
:cool:More Song Suggestions(If you need them)
Starfox 64 V to the X Power
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01488/
Fire Emblem: "Etude For Piano in F# Minor
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01287/

Anyway, I know that Yoshi cannot DJC in Brawl. I also know it's meaningless to reverse Flutter Jump Edge Hog with the new Edge Hog tactic. However, I am still wondering if he can still Edge Cancel Eggs. Thank You.:)

By the way, excellent Brawl Talk debut.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I actually do have a question, although you may have already answered to it (in which case I just didn't notice lol), and it's about metaknight's (and possibly someone else's) weak point: problems KOing opponents. This sounds just way too familiar to me.. I mean.. look at the sheik trophy. It just claims the same but giving a better look at how the competitive gameplay developed sheik doesn't lack a KO move at all.. all she needs to do is knock the opponent off stage and edgeguard the hell out of him. Now, considering metaknight has got most likely higher priority than sheik (sword???), good agility (expecially comparing him to the others because of the new brawl physics), nice air game, multiple jumps and good recovery skills isn't it just going to be the same for him?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Okay Fawriel, I had NO problem focusing past the music. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. It was louder than before, but it's not a big deal cuz Gimpy's way too good of a speaker to let that interfere.

Eternal Yoshi, that first song suggestion was basically already used in the first one...T_T
Different version, but still the same song.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Excellent work Gimpyfish! I look forward to future episodes.

It's a **** shame how slow Ike seems to be, although i still look forward to seeing how he plays. Can't wait for next episode!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay Fawriel, I had NO problem focusing past the music. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. It was louder than before, but it's not a big deal cuz Gimpy's way too good of a speaker to let that interfere.

Eternal Yoshi, that first song suggestion was basically already used in the first one...T_T
Different version, but still the same song.
I'm not a native speaker, so I have to pay more attention by default. Cut me some slack, jack. D=

And I have to scold you for inferring that remixes of a song don't count as proper songs in their own right. *scolds*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ah but cort your question will be the first question ever answered on brawl talk!

didn't you see? link grabbed the smash ball! I HAD NO TIME TO PONDER SUCH QUESTIONS!

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Very nice use of the subtitles over the speaking.

"You must recover!" got a chuckle from me. I hope you continue to use the them.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
From my sources..
ive been told i might do one of these..

Im even thinking of shaving my little chin hairs for this

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Very nice video. I like the subtitles.

I have a question. Could you address third party possibilities? Basically just give your opinion on who you think the third will be?
That's completely irrelevant to anything related to Brawl impressions. No offense but that's a dumb question, really.

From my sources..
ive been told i might do one of these..

Im even thinking of shaving my little chin hairs for this
Ze mor, ze betar

gimpy you should also talk about the interesting cameos and stuff you saw in the demo
;) it'll be interesting
He did say he was going to.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
That's completely irrelevant to anything related to Brawl impressions. No offense but that's a dumb question, really.
i disagree, i accept any questions in regards to brawl, melee, or basically just general stuff going on in my life

i'm not allowed to say what i think a third party character will be for some reason?

its just an opinion, i'm pretty sure most people have SOME sort of opinion haha

Dynamism

Smash Lord
i disagree, i accept any questions in regards to brawl, melee, or basically just general stuff going on in my life

i'm not allowed to say what i think a third party character will be for some reason?

its just an opinion, i'm pretty sure most people have SOME sort of opinion haha
haha yeah i suppose it's a free world
But I figured it's the Gimpy "impressions" thread and that was in no way "impressionable" but hey, it's your episode :lick: *backs out*

Fawriel - I scold you for thinking a remix is it's own song. :p Cause that's not the way it works. :p

Also episode Q:
1. Are Link and Samus's grapples "jump out-able" or "longer" to make up for the lack of air-dodge distance?
2. And did Zamus's Up and Side B both home the ledge? Or are they controllable? Or both different and directional?

Koaluffalo

Smash Rookie
Great video! I learned a lot. It's nice to hear the facts directly from someone who's played the demo.

But anyway, keep up the good work, and as a suggestion from me goes, I think it would be cool if you disscussed assist tropies/pokemon, and confirm/disconfirm any rumored ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom