• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
who is the best pm player right now? Is it like Zero or ipk or what?
Not enough major tournaments to know. I can tell you who are the most dominant players of each region, but it's too hard to say who the undisputed best player is.

I guess that makes this tourney more interesting because it's two or three regions clashing with each other.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Not enough major tournaments to know. I can tell you who are the most dominant players of each region, but it's too hard to say who the undisputed best player is.

I guess that makes this tourney more interesting because it's two or three regions clashing with each other.
who is the most dominant in socal I could just go by that lol

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Xanadu pm is trash tbh

On a good note though, there's a very high chance that when I get old I'll look like Joel from The Last Of Us

You dont know how much this excites me

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
who is the most dominant in socal I could just go by that lol
tbh I don't think SoCal is, at least undisputedly, the best PM region, but it's probably M2K followed up by IPK, but like in true SoCal fashion, it's hard to cement who the single best player is. I could name players like Venom and Jason Waterfalls for example. In fact, @Venom_909 can probably answer this question better than I can.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I had too much free time today and made some ****s and giggles reels for a custom PM announcer. It all uses the same piss poor microphone, but I wanted to see if I was satisfied with the voice at all before I recorded something serious. First reel is mostly just standard quotes with some ad libbed additions and variations for fun. The second one has additional characters from the additional character thread followed by some Smasher names announced in an announcery style.

Lemme know if it sucks, if anyone checks it out. Any and all criticism shall be accepted, even if you just wanna say that I suck, though how I suck would be more useful.

Test Reel 1
Test Reel 2

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe that's the most recent 3.02 Power Ranking, not updated as of 3.5 results.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I believe that's the most recent 3.02 Power Ranking, not updated as of 3.5 results.
They updated the banner Monday, didn't really read the comments and assumed it was updated pr too.
double checking

Edit: it's the new PR for 3.5 as of monday.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Since Christmas is over now, should I change my signature to just say that I'll photoshop avatars in general for likes?

I mean I'll totally photoshop pretty much anything.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I see that, but if that is what the sonic matchup boils down to, y'all are way too salty about Sonic.
I'm glad you can stand the Dair nerf. Falco might be my best bet in 3.5 PM, but I don't want you to watch my feet when the hitbox is turning into a toothpick after 4 frames. And my favorite past time of laser camping was already weakened. The lagless reflector bug also made 3.02 PK fire so nice to deal with. And the MUs I'd want to use him in, like vs Fox, is totally in Fox's favor more than Melee. I need the far away Laser DMG more than he does (he ain't gonna be lasering when I am), and his Up-smash being PAL probably just makes it combo better beyond easier with C-stick (not having to JC, which I'm just saying is easier which is a good thing).

And Sheik's throw changes might be better vs Spacies in PM I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damnnn Joe played the Mario MU so well.

So many great setups and traps with the platforms. Gotta watch the vods later and take notes
bair on shield from top platform>da off side platform to catch Gallo getting knocked off >uair was beautiful

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
To be completely fair, Nazo does use wiimote + nunchuck.
To be honest the only real weakness gameplay-wise that wiichuck has is you don't have the cstick right/left inputs, so no instant fsmashes or perfectly retreating fairs/bairs. Oh, and buffered rolls. Never heard why he doesn't use GC.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If we are fair, Falco has lasers and a nair, Shiek has needles, and Marth has a sword. You just have to play reactively, thats what I learned today. Defender's advantage is real guys.
- - - - - -
Luigi is kinda a bad matchup for Shiek if you can maintain stage control. Luigi has better combos.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
To be honest the only real weakness gameplay-wise that wiichuck has is you don't have the cstick right/left inputs, so no instant fsmashes or perfectly retreating fairs/bairs. Oh, and buffered rolls. Never heard why he doesn't use GC.
The day before his family got brawl, they got robbed and they took all the GameCube controllers
he learned on wii-chuck and just plays that way.
and he definetly still does instant fsmashes, he did at least 2 pivot fsmashes to take stocks game 2 vs emu

ALSO ELI IS AT XANADU. This bracket is 2 stacked for me. Gahliek.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You have all the problems of Light press Air Dodge, Brawl, (and Smash 4?).
- Can't buffer shield in the air without being in a action to hault the air dodge
- Can't Aerial OOS without letting go of shield with tether characters
- Can't Shield drop Aerial without letting go of shield with tether characters
- The tech window is being used on L-cancel
- The tech window is being used on Shield (Power shielding, this is more of a benefit)

And if PM had buffer on, around 2 frames or more, you would notice cancels sometimes being buffered into air dodge. This is forced in Brawl for things like Lucario's aura, and similarly in Smash 4 I think.

*I've analyzed these issues because I support Light press air dodge. The ergonomic (and faster use) benefit still weighs out.
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm glad you can stand the Dair nerf. Falco might be my best bet in 3.5 PM, but I don't want you to watch my feet when the hitbox is turning into a toothpick after 4 frames. And my favorite past time of laser camping was already weakened. The lagless reflector bug also made 3.02 PK fire so nice to deal with. And the MUs I'd want to use him in, like vs Fox, is totally in Fox's favor more than Melee. I need the far away Laser DMG more than he does (he ain't gonna be lasering when I am), and his Up-smash being PAL probably just makes it combo better beyond easier with C-stick (not having to JC, which I'm just saying is easier which is a good thing).

And Sheik's throw changes might be better vs Spacies in PM I'm not sure.
Falco player moaning because they have to put in a very slight effort to actually spike with their dair now?

Not like you're one of the only two characters in the game who even has an instant frame 1 spike or anything still

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Not like you're one of the only two characters in the game who even has an instant frame 1 spike or anything still
He doesn't
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why don't people use Mew2's shleep. Think of the full charge U-smashes.

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
You have all the problems of Light press Air Dodge, Brawl, (and Smash 4?).
- Can't buffer shield in the air without being in a action to hault the air dodge
- Can't Aerial OOS without letting go of shield with tether characters
- Can't Shield drop Aerial without letting go of shield with tether characters
- The tech window is being used on L-cancel
- The tech window is being used on Shield (Power shielding, this is more of a benefit)

And if PM had buffer on, around 2 frames or more, you would notice cancels sometimes being buffered into air dodge. This is forced in Brawl for things like Lucario's aura, and similarly in Smash 4 I think.

*I've analyzed these issues because I support Light press air dodge. The ergonomic (and faster use) benefit still weighs out.
Can't aerial OoS/OoSD without letting go of shield with tether chars? Never ever encountered that problem with wiichuck.

2 important questions. First... Is light press not in PM, or is it just light shield that's not in?
Second... can you utilize light press while using a mayflash adapter?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falco player moaning because they have to put in a very slight effort to actually spike with their dair now?

ay cmon now his dair is frame 5

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Can't aerial OoS/OoSD without letting go of shield with tether chars? Never ever encountered that problem with wiichuck.

2 important questions. First... Is light press not in PM, or is it just light shield that's not in?
Second... can you utilize light press while using a mayflash adapter?
It should trigger tether given you're still holding shield, which for getting an Aerial OOS is annoying, and for Shield drop Instant Aerial very hard. Please test it for me.

PM has two versions. Light shields (shield expansion) is in neither of them.
There's the Wifi set: which works for Wifi and Replays to not have any codes that desync the game.
The Fullset: which codes like adding the additional variable (hard press) desync replays/wifi.
It also has things like C-stick buffer, which the Wifi set amusingly has an inferior but usable version of (inferior in that it requires your Control Stick: not allowing you to pre-emptively DI).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-D-RTrt0c

Brawl has 1 variable for shield, which for the GCC was set on hard press.
PM version 1.0 changed this variable to light press.
PM version 2.0 made a version where they added a 2nd variable (set to hard press): and thus began the Fullset.
Smash 4 realized they should have gone with light press for shield for the GCC. For whatever reason, just like why Brawl did for whatever reason.

There might be a Wifi set changer add-on during the PM Launch screen with the Fullset, I remember seeing something of the sort on reddit.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad , you are so right about 4 being satanic, all the smiles in the victory screen are like Majora's Mask eulogy of emptiness statue smiles.
ay cmon now his dair is frame 5
Don't you secretly hate Flaco with all your soul?

That's still near instantaneous

I guess it's okay because muh melee tho, rite?
It's ok cause squirt fair comes out frame 5. (and can waveland)

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad , you are so right about 4 being satanic, all the smiles in the victory screen are like Majora's Mask eulogy of emptiness statue smiles.

Don't you secretly hate Flaco with all your soul?

It's ok cause squirt fair comes out frame 5. (and can waveland)
I want to like spacies but they get away with too much dumb ****

Like having instant/near instant spikes, no other character in the game has these. Every other spike in the game has a pretty decently long start up or has tiny ass hitboxes, so you have to actually time and aim your ****

Idk, I just really dislike that they get so many good tools because Melee, yet any other character who gets tools of their level is destroyed

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
So if PM has no light shields, is light press just used for lcanceling and hard shielding?
Still don't know if mayflash registers lightpress or not...

Top Bottom