• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ghirahim confirmed as AT, Lana for promotional purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I tried looking around to see if there was any thread made for this already, and I couldn't find one :/

I would like to know people's opinions.

So, recently, Ghirahim has be been confirmed as an Assist Trophy. I know that many people, (including myself), were very dissapointed with this news. It actually came as a shock to me especially considering how popular he is amongst the Zelda fanbase, and how his inclusion would increase the amount of playable villains SSB has. But this news also begs the question: Are we not getting any new Zelda reps at all in SSB4?

I doubt that's the case seeing how Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. We already have seen a Newcomer for the Mario series and the Pokemon series and have seen some newcomers for franchises that are not as big, like Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus (the both of them being completely understandable). Not having Newcomers for franchises such as Donkey Kong and Zelda is unthinkable, in my honest opinion.

So, now that we know of Ghirahim's unfortunate fate, who will take up the mantle as the Zelda franchise's Newcomer?

My friend and I were speculating together, and we believe it could possibly be Lana for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason is for promotional purposes. We have seen this done before with Roy's inclusion in SSBM. He was put in there purely for promotional purposes in an effort to boost sales for the upcoming Fire Emblem game released in Japan. Now, although Hyrule Warriors will be released before Smash, placing Lana in Smash would be good advertisement. Her character announcement on the day of Hyrule Warrior's release would be well placed.

Another reason is that we don't know if Lana will be limited only to Hyrule Warrior's. Sure, she debuts in a game that's not part of the main Zelda franchise, but is that stopping her from possibly showing up in Miyamoto's next game? I don't think so. Especially considering the fact that Miyamoto is supervising the creation of Hyrule Warriors, whose to say that he doesn't like the character himself? He might include her in his next game for all we know.

Also, based on her character reveal in Hyrule Warriors, her moveset in Smash would be very interesting, and adding her would increase the number of female reps in the game as well.

What do you guys think?

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
As much I could never truly forgive Lana for taking Ghirahim's spot, I would enjoy her being in the game. She's pretty adorbs and isn't too similar to another character *cough*impa*cough*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I seriously doubt we'll even have Lana in the final roster since I highly doubt Sakurai would actually be aware of Hyrule Warrior's development before Smash's development came into fruition and the chances of them including some Hyrule Warriors material before the game's release is low. Besides, the main reason why Roy and the Awakening duo were added in the first place was because of Intelligent System's input and I doubt Aonuma would have any say in terms of what Zelda character should be in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom