• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, the only reason I voted earlier was because I forgot this game had the alternative voting system. If I remembered that from the start, I woulda never voted.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Yes, because voting for someone with the alternate system takes off pressure rather than adding it. You can't make someone snap under pressure by making them more relaxed.

Really? What did you learn?
The pressure comes when someone realizes they don't have any votes :p

I learned that he wanted to satisfy my pressure while still being very very safe with his vote. :p

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Also, the only reason I voted earlier was because I forgot this game had the alternative voting system. If I remembered that from the start, I woulda never voted.
I think you're just trying to play extra safe and keep me from reading you. :( is that what you want?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The pressure comes when someone realizes they don't have any votes :p

I learned that he wanted to satisfy my pressure while still being very very safe with his vote. :p
Oh, I think I understand what you're getting at now. I still don't trust anyone, though, and need to get some shut-eye.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think you're just trying to play extra safe and keep me from reading you. :( is that what you want?
No, I just don't trust people who haven't shown anything to be trustworthy about. My read list right now is Moosy slight scum, all else null.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Heya guys! I'm currently V/LA driving cross country from CO to MD but after tomorrow I will be able to post consistently. (And not phone post because I'm terrible at it)

Vote: Orboknown

If I have the voting thing right, votes = good in this game, correct? If so, I'm gonna have a lot of fun this game considering I prefer to look for town early on.

Why Orbo? Cuz <3 Orbo #NoHetero

No, I just don't trust people who haven't shown anything to be trustworthy about. My read list right now is Moosy slight scum, all else null.
Could you explain where you feel this bolder bit?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Safe: Rake [Orboknown], Maven [Moosy], Moosy [Vult Redux], Vult Redux [Darkpit54], Orboknown [#HBC | J]
Not Safe: Spak, Red Ryu, #HBC | J, Darkpit54

Not Voting: Rake, Red Ryu, Spak, Maven

:059:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Heya guys! I'm currently V/LA driving cross country from CO to MD but after tomorrow I will be able to post consistently. (And not phone post because I'm terrible at it)

Vote: Orboknown

If I have the voting thing right, votes = good in this game, correct? If so, I'm gonna have a lot of fun this game considering I prefer to look for town early on.

Why Orbo? Cuz <3 Orbo #NoHetero

BROOOO WHAT'S UP LET'S DO THIS

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
He pushed everybody to vote for who they most without explaining why that would be a good idea (on only the 21st post of the game, which I don't know how anyone could have an informed opinion at that point,) he said that he trusted Maven quite a lot from only three joking RVS posts and one analyzing how RVS should work in this game and sucking up to Maven a LOT thus far, and he ignored Volt's question in #143. Out of everyone in the game thus far, I like him the least.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Oh, one more question. How long do days/nights last?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
oh wait Orbo is already voting....

Spak Spak I did you a solid so now you owe me. please please please vote darkpit pleeeeeease

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
oh wait Orbo is already voting....

Spak Spak I did you a solid so now you owe me. please please please vote darkpit pleeeeeease
I've thought over the whole pressure thing today and decided that using votes is a good way to pressure, as long as we're careful not to preemptively lynch anyone (since we don't have a majority vote on one person to lynch, it'll be a bit more confusing).

Vote: Darkpit

I'd suggest that people slow down a bit on the voting until we get a new votecount, though; I'm not sure how many votes away we are from a lynhc, I want Moosy to have a chance to defend himself, and I don't think anyone would want the day to be cut short.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
\o/ where is my maven and j ;~;
Bro, don't rely on other people to defend you. Giving people town reads != them becoming your guardians. Take action and answer questions/points presented against you personally; J and Maven aren't responsible for your safekeeping.

I'm headed to bed. Good night, everyone!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
yeah I've been thinking about the best way to use that mechanic. I think one good way is to ask the would-be lynchee to vote for a player that the town considers the second scummiest. that way, if both players are mafia, then there's a 50% chance of the fake "safe" mafia player being lynched, exposing both mafia members. if they aren't willing to do it, then they are more likely to be working together.

but anyway you're trying to focus on the new voting mechanic so it's looks like you're contributing (there are several other things you could/should be talking about...) :/ all jokes and fun aside I would be okay with you being lynched.

Top Bottom