• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Maven89

Smash Master
I was just pointing out my problems with J's post, I didn't touch on any of his Rake counter points, except for that last one because I felt it needed to be said

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 receives a prod for breaking the activity rule.

Safe: HBC | J [Moosy], Red Ryu [Vult Redux], Vult Redux [Darkpit54], Orboknown [#HBC | J], Darkpit54 [Spak]
Not Safe: Moosy, Spak, Maven, Rake

Not Voting: Rake, Red Ryu, Maven, Orboknown

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak by #236 i meant #326
I don't think that Moosy dodging questions isn't scummy because there were some legit questions (like your question about his Maven read) that he's been intentionally dodging and isn't responding to accusations against him (like your #245). That's not trolly play since those seemed like Moosy's serious read statements, so he should have been prepared to defend those points. Additionally, Moosy has said the least out of everyone while using the most words (or in this case, the most posts), but I'm not sure if that's him trying to look like he's generating content, or if that's just his playstyle. I don't know how much of a pattern he needs to consider Moosy scummy, but not answering serious questions and failing to clarify reads seems a little sketch to me.

TL;DR I need someone who's played with troll Moosy to honestly tell me if this is normal activity for him. If nobody has seen troll Moosy before, I need to know how close to Alakaslam's playstyle this is to determine if the question/accusation dodging is normal.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think that Moosy dodging questions scummy because there were some legit questions (like your question about his Maven read) that he's been intentionally dodging and he isn't responding to solid accusations against him (like your #245). That's not trolly play since those seemed like Moosy's serious statements, so he should have been prepared to defend those points. Additionally, Moosy has said the least out of everyone while using the most words (or in this case, the most posts), but I'm not sure if that's him trying to look like he's generating content, or if that's just his playstyle. I don't know how much of a pattern he needs to consider Moosy scummy, but not answering serious questions and failing to clarify reads seems a little sketch to me.

TL;DR I need someone who's played with troll Moosy to honestly tell me if this is normal activity for him. If nobody has seen troll Moosy before, I need to know how close to Alakaslam's playstyle this is to determine if the question/accusation dodging is normal.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I... don't really see J as scum. Maybe I'm just missing something, but he's null for the moment.

Orbo is completely null, as is Maven.

Vult seems pretty town at the moment.

Spak doesn't seem mafia.

Don't really trust Rake

I kinda trust Ryu

Not sure how I feel about Moosy. He was trolling, but now he's giving some serious answers. I'm wary of him, though.

Did I miss someone? U feel like I missed someone...

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
me liking Maven solely because of #359?? it's more likely then you think.

@Moosy if you unvote J I will save you. Deal?

i'll also give you an IOU redeemable any time D2 :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I... don't really see J as scum. Maybe I'm just missing something, but he's null for the moment.

Orbo is completely null, as is Maven.

Vult seems pretty town at the moment.

Spak doesn't seem mafia.

Don't really trust Rake

I kinda trust Ryu

Not sure how I feel about Moosy. He was trolling, but now he's giving some serious answers. I'm wary of him, though.

Did I miss someone? U feel like I missed someone...
Why do you like spak,

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
problem #1 with J: his reads and the timing that he posted them are sloppy. he made it seems like he was interested in pushing Spak, but didn't follow through at all even though he had a really good chance to do so (when I unvoted Spak). He instead dropped Spak completely, naming Moosy and Rake as his preferred lynch choices (see #304).

#2: his defense vs. Rake's accusation wasn't good. For example, he stated with he was "unconvinced" with Rake's reasons to not lynch Moosy (they were really good points), but didn't explain why. He accused Rake of having convenient timing and of picking something random to post about - that is a huge stretch for reasons Maven and I touch upon in ours posts responding to him.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Why do you like spak,
I don't like Spak, I just don't dislike him. I've never played with him though (or anyone, for that matter) so I don't know how this differs from his usual play style.

he made it seems like he was interested in pushing Spak, but didn't follow through at all even though he had a really good chance to do so (when I unvoted Spak). He instead dropped Spak completely, naming Moosy and Rake as his preferred lynch choices (see #304).
That's a good point. I completely forgot about that. Definitely don't trust him now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Quite honestly, I think that J just needs to get in here and answer some questions/accusations. His responses (or lack thereof) will probably be the determining factor for who will get lynched this phase, if we don't run out of time.

Also, Darkpit54 Darkpit54 I forgot to mention earlier when you were asking about phase length that Gheb usually waits for conversation to die down before declaring a deadline. With his method, we can debate as long as we feel necessary and the phase will hit a more natural end when there's (seemingly) not much left to talk about.

About twenty and a half hours left; we should probably determine a lynch in the next fifteen-or-so hours so that we have a buffer in case someone needs to go inactive.

Maven89

Smash Master
Spak Spak I remember Moosy giving up in the game he was masons with J, however I was a spectator for most of it and in my little brief search I didn't find the pages where he did that, so there's a small chance this is a wrong memory

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 why do you have me as null?

Quite honestly, I think that J just needs to get in here and answer some questions/accusations. His responses (or lack thereof) will probably be the determining factor for who will get lynched this phase, if we don't run out of time.

Also, Darkpit54 Darkpit54 I forgot to mention earlier when you were asking about phase length that Gheb usually waits for conversation to die down before declaring a deadline. With his method, we can debate as long as we feel necessary and the phase will hit a more natural end when there's (seemingly) not much left to talk about.

About twenty and a half hours left; we should probably determine a lynch in the next fifteen-or-so hours so that we have a buffer in case someone needs to go inactive.
This is a very armchair comment where you avoided giving your opinion on J.

Also, I want to direct everyone to Spak's #340. Look at the question J posed to him, look at Spak's response. Despite arguing, both him and J are agreeing with lynching Moosy, and Spak chooses to ignore the main focus on J

Maven89

Smash Master
More specifically, J threw the softest of questions at Spak (why did you like that post) yet spiced it up as if he might vote Spak for it (liking a post without making a post to explain why=lynch?) . Spak says Rake didn't provide solid evidence of his accusations (comment on that is null), but also says "he doesn't agree with some parts of it" without elaborating, then the rest of his post is "arguing" with J about lynching Moosy when J already agrees with that line of approach. J doesn't seem to care that Spak is pushing Moosy either.

So is this a real misunderstanding, or is this a forced argument? I can't tell and without any flips there's no way to know yet, but it definitely caught my eye.

Either way Spak Spak should explain more about what he liked/didn't like about Rake's post and what he thinks of J

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
So is this a real misunderstanding, or is this a forced argument? I can't tell and without any flips there's no way to know yet, but it definitely caught my eye.
!!! this also fits with J magically losing interest in Spak!!!!

maven I'm sorry for ever doubting you.

That's a good point. I completely forgot about that. Definitely don't trust him now.

Did you forget or did you just not notice?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak I remember Moosy giving up in the game he was masons with J, however I was a spectator for most of it and in my little brief search I didn't find the pages where he did that, so there's a small chance this is memory
He didn't give up, he just played incredibly stubbornly because he was convinced that he had the game figured out.
Also, I want to direct everyone to Spak's #340. Look at the question J posed to him, look at Spak's response. Despite arguing, both him and J are agreeing with lynching Moosy, and Spak chooses to ignore the main focus on J
I don't know why J hates me, I don't know why he wants a Moosy lynch even though he thinks I'm more scummy, and I've questioned him on this point. Like I said earlier, I think that J needs to get back in here and answer some questions before I can determine if he should be my main concern. With that said, he has no incentive so speak since he's safe and Moosy refuses to unvote.
Either way Spak Spak should explain more about what he liked/didn't like about Rake's post and what he thinks of J
Look at my #365; I wrote out a paragraph on Rake's post. I'll tell you more about J when I get off of mobile, but he's my second lynch choice at the moment (as I stated in #351.)
!!! this also fits with J magically losing interest in Spak!!!!
Since when did J lose interest in me?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I don't think that Moosy dodging questions isn't scummy because there were some legit questions (like your question about his Maven read) that he's been intentionally dodging and isn't responding to accusations against him (like your #245). That's not trolly play since those seemed like Moosy's serious read statements, so he should have been prepared to defend those points. Additionally, Moosy has said the least out of everyone while using the most words (or in this case, the most posts), but I'm not sure if that's him trying to look like he's generating content, or if that's just his playstyle. I don't know how much of a pattern he needs to consider Moosy scummy, but not answering serious questions and failing to clarify reads seems a little sketch to me.

Which is funny, because the reason I gave for why I scum read Maven is pretty much exactly the same as what Vult said except I said mine first.

My playstyle is nowhere near Alakaslam's at this point. On the other site we used to play, he was mildly confusing but a decent player. I thought it looked fun so I took it all the way to the extremes to where I'm actively trolling. :D But on the other site, this is actually I usually play. The best thing is that no one here plays on that site so ya'll have no idea how to deal with me.

thank you.

this means Moosy, Spak, and Rake are not safe.

and Red Ryu, Rake, and Maven are not voting.
Somebody vote Rake.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
why do you like J?
I was town mason with him and he did the exact same shadowy dodgy posturing stuff. I would say it's null until later on. I might have to go back and re-read that game and his scum game before that.

me liking Maven solely because of #359?? it's more likely then you think.

@Moosy if you unvote J I will save you. Deal?

i'll also give you an IOU redeemable any time D2 :p
No deal. I already told you I don't really care if I die lol. However, if I do cooperate some, get someone to vote for Ryu to leave me and Spak, will you?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Vult and Darkpit are highly likely town. Darkpit be careful, because Mafia will likely keep you alive and try to convince you to take their viewpoint later in the game. xP Not telling you to be paranoid, but definitely note how people interact with you. Vult's probably town because he has very similar thought process to me.

Orbo and Red Ryu are leaning town for me. Orbo because this looks like what he does as town and Ryu because he wants to kill me and he always wants to kill me when he's town. Ryu read is weak af though, I'll admit.

Rake and J are null. J can do this as town and he did do this when we were masons together but we'll see in the future. I'm actually very interested in finding out his alignment which makes me want to try to stay alive but that's just too much effort. Rake is null, he needs to post again. His earlier posts certainly looked good but his alignment really hinges on how J flips for me.

Maven and Spak are in weird spots for me. I'm interested in Maven's push on Spak and Spak is just an interesting individual overall. I want to see the outcome of this so I encourage people to leave the RNG vote between me and Spak.

Oh, and Moosy's scum so burn him with hellfire and brimstone. Also, he's blue so don't kill him yet.

Ok but seriously, can we have an RNG vote between me and Spak. If I die I'll be happy. If I live to D2, my meta is to start tryharding at that time using all the bait I threw about on D1. Also, I want to see the outcome of Maven's push on Spak.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
For people wondering what the best way to deal with my style is, normally you want to let me live until D2/D3. If I haven't done anything productive by then, you kill me so I'm not there in lylo. But normally I prove what alignment I'm in by then. I'm also really handy as bait for town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vult and Darkpit are highly likely town. Darkpit be careful, because Mafia will likely keep you alive and try to convince you to take their viewpoint later in the game. xP Not telling you to be paranoid, but definitely note how people interact with you. Vult's probably town because he has very similar thought process to me.

Orbo and Red Ryu are leaning town for me. Orbo because this looks like what he does as town and Ryu because he wants to kill me and he always wants to kill me when he's town. Ryu read is weak af though, I'll admit.

Rake and J are null. J can do this as town and he did do this when we were masons together but we'll see in the future. I'm actually very interested in finding out his alignment which makes me want to try to stay alive but that's just too much effort. Rake is null, he needs to post again. His earlier posts certainly looked good but his alignment really hinges on how J flips for me.

Maven and Spak are in weird spots for me. I'm interested in Maven's push on Spak and Spak is just an interesting individual overall. I want to see the outcome of this so I encourage people to leave the RNG vote between me and Spak.

Oh, and Moosy's scum so burn him with hellfire and brimstone. Also, he's blue so don't kill him yet.

Ok but seriously, can we have an RNG vote between me and Spak. If I die I'll be happy. If I live to D2, my meta is to start tryharding at that time using all the bait I threw about on D1. Also, I want to see the outcome of Maven's push on Spak.
....i a tually like this post

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I was town mason with him and he did the exact same shadowy dodgy posturing stuff. I would say it's null until later on. I might have to go back and re-read that game and his scum game before that.

No deal. I already told you I don't really care if I die lol. However, if I do cooperate some, get someone to vote for Ryu to leave me and Spak, will you?
uhhh hpw about this: I help you lynch spak tomorrow if we lynch J toDay.

Cmon he's a null read for you and there's a decent chance he's spak's partner. please moosy, my dear friend

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
uhhh hpw about this: I help you lynch spak tomorrow if we lynch J toDay.

Cmon he's a null read for you and there's a decent chance he's spak's partner. please moosy, my dear friend
:p Personal interests say kill Spak now. If we kill Spak, we know both J and Maven were gunning after me. (and me ofc) It's better to kill Spak and deal with ambiguous J later. I also don't have a clear read on J and I highly disagree with shooting people we don't understand.

@#HBC | J would you be happy with killing Spak today?
Maven89 Maven89 would you be happy with killing Spak today?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
:p Personal interests say kill Spak now. If we kill Spak, we know both J and Maven were gunning after me. (and me ofc) It's better to kill Spak and deal with ambiguous J later. I also don't have a clear read on J and I highly disagree with shooting people we don't understand.

@#HBC | J would you be happy with killing Spak today?
Maven89 Maven89 would you be happy with killing Spak today?
j
If we kill Spak, we know both J and Maven were gunning after him*

Maven89

Smash Master
No, I would not be happy lynching Spak today, I want to lynch J today because he seems by far the better option. The biggest scum-Spak read for me is based off interactions with a possible scumJ, without proof of a scumJ I do not feel comfortable lynching Spak.

Maven89

Smash Master
What about Vult's thought process is similar to yours? Right now it seems very different

Ryu because he wants to kill me and he always wants to kill me when he's town. Ryu read is weak af though, I'll admit.
Is that a joke read?

Rake and J are null. J can do this as town and he did do this when we were masons together but we'll see in the future. I'm actually very interested in finding out his alignment which makes me want to try to stay alive but that's just too much effort.
How does leaving the RNG between you and Spak help the outcome of a Spak v Maven argument?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
No, I would not be happy lynching Spak today, I want to lynch J today because he seems by far the better option. The biggest scum-Spak read for me is based off interactions with a possible scumJ, without proof of a scumJ I do not feel comfortable lynching Spak.
Well, I want to lynch Spak today in order to be able to read you. I'm not the only one who thought you were pretty scummy at the start of the day and it's an itch that's driving me crazy because I know you'll be a huge asset if you are town.

What about Vult's thought process is similar to yours? Right now it seems very different
? What we want to do is different, but the way we formed our reads was very similar. Weak criticism.

Is that a joke read?
Not at all. This is how I make my reads. ;)

How does leaving the RNG between you and Spak help the outcome of a Spak v Maven argument?
It's a win win for me. I'm happy if I die and I'm fine with living. If I die I don't need to worry about Spak vs Maven, but if I live I can figure out Spak vs Maven.

Also, you've been gunning after Spak for a while. WHy do you want to go after J all of a sudden?

Maven89

Smash Master
Well, I want to lynch Spak today in order to be able to read you. I'm not the only one who thought you were pretty scummy at the start of the day and it's an itch that's driving me crazy because I know you'll be a huge asset if you are town.
So, the main reason you want to lynch Spak is a desire to read me and others, not because you think Spak is most likely to be scum?

What we want to do is different, but the way we formed our reads was very similar. Weak criticism.

Not at all. This is how I make my reads. ;)
I'm not seeing that.

Also, your Red Ryu thing isn't a read. It's like saying I know Gheb is town because last time he was town he had a David Bowie avatar, and now he has a Prince avatar, musician avatar=town, sorry it's just how I play

It's a win win for me. I'm happy if I die and I'm fine with living. If I die I don't need to worry about Spak vs Maven, but if I live I can figure out Spak vs Maven.

Also, you've been gunning after Spak for a while. WHy do you want to go after J all of a sudden?
There was never a Spak v Maven. You need to re-read

So, Moosy, is there any way we can get you to unvote J?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
If we kill Spak, we know both J... gunning after him*
but the ambiguity is exactly when makes J so suspicious! If J were going after Spak, why didn't he name him as part of the preferred lynch pool when he had the perfect chance? (rhetorical question at this point)

I think it's more likely that J will flip Mafia, and if he does, I think the case vs Spak is much stronger (which is why we could join forced D2)

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
So, the main reason you want to lynch Spak is a desire to read me and others, not because you think Spak is most likely to be scum?
If you look at my list of reads, you can see who I'm willing to kill and why.

I'm not seeing that.

Also, your Red Ryu thing isn't a read. It's like saying I know Gheb is town because last time he was town he had a David Bowie avatar, and now he has a Prince avatar, musician avatar=town, sorry it's just how I play
Nope, it's just a meta read. I did say the reasoning is weak af but this isn't the first nor the last time a read like this has/will work.

There was never a Spak v Maven. You need to re-read
You used the term Spak vs Maven in your own post so I'm just using it too lol. I thought you were referring to your push on Spak with it. Unless you meant something else when you said it in which case you could care to explain further.

So, Moosy, is there any way we can get you to unvote J?
Nowhere in the near future at the rate this is going. The more you continue like this, the more I think you're scum. I've already explained which part of Vult's reads I agreed with and came to with the same lines of thinking. And although we don't agree on J now, I was also talking about my earlier post I made which you seem to have missed.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
but the ambiguity is exactly when makes J so suspicious! If J were going after Spak, why didn't he name him as part of the preferred lynch pool when he had the perfect chance? (rhetorical question at this point)

I think it's more likely that J will flip Mafia, and if he does, I think the case vs Spak is much stronger (which is why we could join forced D2)
I'm still not convinced. I want J to come back and post some stuff before he makes a judgment. If he doesn't post then it's a literal flip of a coin on whether I unvote or not. So. Would you like heads or tails?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Note: I may be 30-60 minutes late to finish off the Day phase. In the event that I'm not there on time, votes that have been casted after the deadline [which is in about 5 hours from now] are considered invalid and will not be acknowledged.

:059:

Top Bottom