• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yo, Vult, I didn't get an answer to my question, but more of a runaround from it. I see that your mind could have just taken off elsewhere, but I would still like a response as to why you decided to vote for Sparky to live. I am even more curious if you are talking about possible switching now. Thanks!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yo, Vult, I didn't get an answer to my question, but more of a runaround from it. I see that your mind could have just taken off elsewhere, but I would still like a response as to why you decided to vote for Sparky to live. I am even more curious if you are talking about possible switching now. Thanks!
J I asked you questions, please go back and answer them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Hi J, lets chat!

Do you think Maven is ok right now? Anything in particular you think sticks out about him?

What about Spak?
Got distracted by the picture.

Maven is null at the moment and nothing really sticks out from atypical Maven. He's more of a D2 read for me based on past games where I just read him as scummy first and then move on. I'm more than okay with just sitting on him for a bit, plus his content doesn't have much in terms of alignment telling.

And the Sparky thing I've pointed out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Got distracted by the picture.

Maven is null at the moment and nothing really sticks out from atypical Maven. He's more of a D2 read for me based on past games where I just read him as scummy first and then move on. I'm more than okay with just sitting on him for a bit, plus his content doesn't have much in terms of alignment telling.

And the Sparky thing I've pointed out.
Was more interested in the Maven stuff which is why I pocked but ok all is good.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
:D I can say with absolute confidence that I have no idea who to try and kill. So when are we actually going to kill me? I can see Spak is trying to speed things on in the most scummy way possible, but I'd like for things in general to speed up as well.

Can we have an updated vote count as well ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh jeez, I'm sorry for pointing out why you're playing scummily and trying to get you to answer questions. Would you rather that I sit back and do nothing like some of the other players in this game?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Clarification: The role PM in the OP is not a sample role PM.
@Shun Goku Satsu Rake receives a prod.

Safe: HBC | J [Moosy], Spak [Vult Redux], Vult Redux [Darkpit54], Orboknown [#HBC | J], Darkpit54 [Spak]
Not Safe: Moosy, Red Ryu, Maven, Rake

Not Voting: Rake, Red Ryu, Maven, Orboknown

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak does moosey annoy you on a scummy or antotown level and why do you think its one over the other
Is there a difference? Townies would have no reason to act as anti-town as Mossy is acting right now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So Moosy is either playing the worst town I've ever seen, playing Guardian and doesn't care if he lives because it doesn't effect his winstate, or was trying to pose Jester as Mafia so that nobody would kill him.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Is there a difference? Townies would have no reason to act as anti-town as Mossy is acting right now.
Antitown isnt aimed at hurting town, its just bad town play. Scummy play is meant to hurt town/help mafia. I dont see mooseys play as trying to hurt town so much as being intentionally unhelpful

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok, I know our anti-town/pro-scum discussion comes up all the time in mafia games, and while I don't have any direct quotes right now I find it incredibly hard to believe Spak has been here for a year and not learned the difference, or why it matters.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
#HBC | J #HBC | J I responded but it was really brief and I forgot to quote or tag you sorry. I'll quote it:
He was trying to engage Moosy (like me) and I took it as town.
That's all my vote was based on at the time. I liked that he was trying to hold another player accountable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok, I know our anti-town/pro-scum discussion comes up all the time in mafia games, and while I don't have any direct quotes right now I find it incredibly hard to believe Spak has been here for a year and not learned the difference, or why it matters.
Learning isn't linear.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd prefer if we got Rake in here/he got replaced before we move the day along.

On top of that, there are a few things I wanna ask and see before any action like that is considered.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Was what I said to Moosey when he voted J
okay... but that raises another question. why does it matter if he votes for the same person that you would have?

That's a misreading of what I said. Moosey isn't a compromise lynch, from what I see he's still the public's #1 choice for a lynch. I'm saying that if it comes down to deadline and we have nothing but what we have right now, I'd be fine lynching Moosey even if he might just be trolling. I believe he's trolling because his posts don't show any attempt to live at all. He's actually putting in grinning smilies when doing things people tell him not to. It's incredibly anti-town but not very pro-scum. I'm getting the vibe that he's trolling us. He's done this before, in another game, but then it was a few days in and only after he was upset people weren't listening to him.
what I meant by a compromise lynch is that we'd be okay with lynching him even if we decide the chances aren't high that he's scum and he's just playing anti-town (as opposed to, say, an individual we think would be more likely to flip scum).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tentatively saying id vote J now if we were to end the day.
I already have a vote on me so the only three left are Moosy/Maven/Rake.

Honestly, taking Maven out of the pile and leaving it between Moosy and Rake seem the best course of option for toDay since Rake hasn't posted once if I recall so killing him/replacing him is the best option and Moosy could go either way plus tons of connections.

Orbo, you haven't really said much honestly. Can I get some player opinions before the day ends?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'd prefer if we got Rake in here/he got replaced before we move the day along.

On top of that, there are a few things I wanna ask and see before any action like that is considered.
i texted him and told him to post

please tell me you weren't part of the group complaining that we're too close to lynch a few pages back. :V
Nope

Honestly, taking Maven out of the pile and leaving it between Moosy and Rake seem the best course of option for toDay since Rake hasn't posted once if I recall so killing him/replacing him is the best option and Moosy could go either way plus tons of connections.

Orbo, you haven't really said much honestly. Can I get some player opinions before the day ends?
i like ruy. I like vult. I think i like you. I dunno about maven. I can care less about moosey, and rake just hasnt been here more than avoiding thread. Vult seems like hes into doing stuff and ruy feels very genuine

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What about Sparky/DarkPit? More curious on the Sparky one.

I would also say I can't see a name you are "okay with dying" at the moment and I am scratching my head as to why you did not point one a person out for that besides a bunch of light "i like x, y, z for just cuz"

Maven89

Smash Master
okay... but that raises another question. why does it matter if he votes for the same person that you would have?
Because he quoted me saying I'd vote J to say I was off, then he voted for J with no explanation. I was asking him why he did that

what I meant by a compromise lynch is that we'd be okay with lynching him even if we decide the chances aren't high that he's scum and he's just playing anti-town (as opposed to, say, an individual we think would be more likely to flip scum).
Then yeah, I definitely was. I thought you meant compromise as in "let's lynch him now since we can't decide" type of compromise. I don't see what your problem is in mentioning that I'd be fine with lynching a possible troll or scum player if it came to it.

Maven89

Smash Master
Learning isn't linear.
I don't understand how this statement is related to what I was talking about. I was saying that we had those discussions all the time, and he's been playing with us for a year. Therefore, the chance of him seeing and reading these discussions is very, very high. Wasn't he in the game with Glyph day1 dayvig? Like half of Day 1 was discussion about that. Spak literally asked if there was a difference between anti-town and pro-scum, this shouldn't be news to him.

Typing this out actually makes me feel like this is a stronger point then I originally did, so Spak Spak can you explain what you meant?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace

I'm reluctant to leave it between me and an inactive player before he actually posts. As it is, we get zero reads from his flip since no associations. If he turns out to be town, it'd be detrimental for us.

I would also say I can't see a name you are "okay with dying" at the moment and I am scratching my head as to why you did not point one a person out for that besides a bunch of light "i like x, y, z for just cuz"
Darkpit's pretty town right now but I'm actually strangely okay with leaving the vote between me and Spak if it comes down to it. But I'd like to wait a little longer and see where Maven's questioning goes.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've learned the slight difference in definitions, but I still hold that any anti-town action is scummy play (begging my rhetorical question of "Is there a difference?") Unless it's a legit gambit (like Dastrn's N0 cop claim in Salt Mini Mafia, Bard's fakeclaim in Blazblue, etc.) town has absolutely no reason to lie and I interpret it as scummy play. Moosy has lied to us all game and is playing horribly (you guys say it's normal for him, but I don't remember him like this at all in Blazblue,) so I interpret it as scummy play.
I'm reluctant to leave it between me and an inactive player before he actually posts. As it is, we get zero reads from his flip since no associations. If he turns out to be town, it'd be detrimental for us.
Plus we still have Generic as a sub if Rake can't join us.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

theres nobody i specifically want to die, if i didnt mention them im indifferent ro their fate. Spak i want to see the result kf him talking over it wkth maven but as of now i dont like it

Maven89

Smash Master
I remember him basically just ****ing around until he roleclaimed in Blazblue, that might be off

The difference between anti-town and pro-scum is in the fact that anti-town can also be anti-scum. Since scum don't want to be lynched, doing things to directly get you lynched is both anti-town and anti-scum. Moosey seems that

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Since scum don't want to be lynched, doing things to directly get you lynched is both anti-town and anti-scum. Moosey seems that
But then why did he claim Jester when I suggested it? Do you think that was just him screwing around as well?

Maven89

Smash Master
I did, I don't think he thought we'd believe him.

I didn't mention it in the last post, but Spak's answer to the question satisfies me.

MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy what problems do you have with me?

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven can you list your reads?
I'm wary of Moosy. I'm seeing the possibility that he's attempting a "be anti-town to attract scum" thing, based on recent posts he said. (something about being pro-town anti-town) Overall, I'd rather see Moosy continue to post then write him off one way or the other too early.

Spak is probably the most pro-scum, I guess, but it's very weak and nothing much to go on. He answered my question, I don't believe he was retconning with it. The only suspicious thing is his pushing of Moosy, but like with Moosy I'd rather see this continue. I'm not comfortable enough making a judgement either way, but he's highest on my watchlist right now. Just pushing anti-town doesn't mean pro-scum, especially not if he believes what he said about the two. I know I used to believe it, until the opposite conclusion was beaten into my head after multiple games. So i'm going to continue watching this.

Ryu is next, because despite saying he's suspicious of me he has made no attempt to really engage me,

I'd like to see what these questions are and have them asked.

RIght now, I'd actually rather the conversation moves away from Spak and Moosy, I feel they're reads best seen in new circumstances.

Vult/Darkpit are probably town, Orbo and J have given me good vibes. I want Rake to post.

Top Bottom