• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GETTING Melee

Emergamer02

Smash Rookie
You're in 2015 and you have a Wii and a Wii U.
You don't have any GameCube stuff.
You want to get Super Smash Bros. Melee and two GameCube controllers (one for you and one for your brother).
But you don't want to pay too much, you don't want to pirate, you don't want to play a Brawl mod, and to top it all off, you're in Canada.

That is me.
How would I reasonably GET Melee?

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Well your going to have to break ether the pirate rule or the cost rule because melee will never be cheap so yha that breaks cost and to get around that is to pirate
I would just pirate melee then hack your Wii and use a homebrew app called nintendont also if you pirate and use nintendont you can use gecko codes and character skins
I know that is not the awnser you are looking for but us the only awnser that you would be able to do now I guess you can look at yard sales but that would take you YEARS (if you are lucky) and I bet you want to play it now

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
You're in 2015 and you have a Wii and a Wii U.
You don't have any GameCube stuff.
You want to get Super Smash Bros. Melee and two GameCube controllers (one for you and one for your brother).
But you don't want to pay too much, you don't want to pirate, you don't want to play a Brawl mod, and to top it all off, you're in Canada.

That is me.
How would I reasonably GET Melee?
Either boot it onto your wii or pay ~50 bucks buying it off of eBay.

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
LOL (82 bucks though...)

Would my local flea market work? :p
Only way to find out is to check! I've bought two copies recently, both under $40 from a second hand store. You can find them at thrift stores, pawn shops, and probably flee markets as well.

Kadano

Magical Express
I have an NTSC copy that I don’t have any use for since I live in a PAL region and want to get rid of. It works fine, only a few light scratches. PM me if you want it, I think I’d ask ~35$ shipped.

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I just bought it from people that were selling it and lived close to me (melee controllers and the game)

Emergamer02

Smash Rookie
The flea market did sell it but it was a bit too scratched for the Wii. I'll try to exchange it tomorrow.

IN THE MEANTIME I CAN ENJOY SONIC ADVENTURE 2

Top Bottom